H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Any way you can mount the T8's inwall? I mean they would only be 4" or so in the wall but that would be something.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Any way you can mount the T8's inwall? I mean they would only be 4" or so in the wall but that would be something.
Good suggestion and I was going to do that and still might if the current depth/look ends up bothering me enough. The walls are actually different dept as one is exterior (2"X6") and the other is an interior shear wall (2"X4" with 5/8 sheathing and 1/2" rock) so I'd rather not cut it again. Right now it's an easy patch and remove and based upon my history ... :p;)

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Very Nice setup!! Two Fathoms beautiful:)
Hi Frak,

Thanks but I'm afraid the Fathoms are long gone (I had 4 at one point). The current subs are Danley TH-SPUD's and are under the second row riser. I am about to add two more subs to the Front of the HT and I'm deciding between a couple of different models (JTR and Seaton). I know my speakers look like subs but they really aren't. I'm into industrial strength these days;).

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
Hi Frak,

Thanks but I'm afraid the Fathoms are long gone (I had 4 at one point). The current subs are Danley TH-SPUD's and are under the second row riser. I am about to add two more subs to the Front of the HT and I'm deciding between a couple of different models (JTR and Seaton). I know my speakers look like subs but they really aren't. I'm into industrial strength these days;).
Ive heard Seaton are very good. What are there prices over there?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Hi Frak,

Those subs are used to emulate pipe organs. I think A couple of them should get you plenty of rumble. One of them is enough for a lot of places. It's a tapped horn so it's got insane output potential.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Ive heard Seaton are very good. What are there prices over there?
Thanks Frank, the price for the Submersive is approx $2K depending upon the finish. I just ordered two of them. :eek:;)

Those subs are used to emulate pipe organs. I think A couple of them should get you plenty of rumble. One of them is enough for a lot of places. It's a tapped horn so it's got insane output potential.
You are correct but the TH-SPUD rolls off below 18Hz. The Submersive will go a bit lower but neither is a real bottom dweller. Once again, I am significantly over subbed.:D

Matt34

Matt34

Thanks Frank, the price for the Submersive is approx $2K depending upon the finish. I just ordered two of them. :eek:;)

You are correct but the TH-SPUD rolls off below 18Hz. The Submersive will go a bit lower but neither is a real bottom dweller. Once again, I am significantly over subbed.:D
What happened with the Captivators?

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Matt beat me to it. I was going to ask the same thing.

You should have ordered a pair of both to compare and see which you liked better :)

Oh and there is no such thing as "over subbed". I on the other hand am significantly Under subbed :(

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
What happened with the Captivators?
Hi Matt,

That brief reply was from my PDA at work. The Captivator is undergoing a driver/design change and it will be a while until they are shipping.

The Submersive has always been interesting and I am going to have Mark set them up with my Danley's. He will be using a QSC DSP30 for the subs and an Audyssey Pro kit for the other speakers. It will be nice to have an experienced pro like Mark tweak everything and show me how it's done.:cool:

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I installed the JTR Slanted 8 SB speakers yesterday. Didn't have much time to listen after but so far, so good. Here are a couple of pics of the installed S8's:

and the front Triple 12's. The Submersives will either replace the CC stand or, be on either side of it depending on FR and subjective SQ.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
very nice ... i'm guessing you are now a stockholder at Gik :)

how much to do my room?

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
very nice ... i'm guessing you are now a stockholder at Gik :)

how much to do my room?
Don't forget JTR, he almost went with Captivators instead of the Submersives.

When those Submersives come in that's going to be a front wall of speakers all over again :D It'll be awesome

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis