This could be the end for now.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
"Democrats also are calling for cuts in Medicare spending, using some of the savings to help uninsured workers. A House bill would result in a net reduction in Medicare of about $200 billion, though Obama has insisted the reductions would not cut benefits in the health program for the elderly."

What, does he have Criss Angel as the new finance czar?

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090829/US.Health.Overhaul.Republicans/

Rather than denying the need for reform, this is what Enzi asks.

"He called for more competition among health insurers, for the ability of small businesses to band together across state lines to negotiate for lower-cost insurance plans, for tax breaks to help people buy insurance and for reducing malpractice lawsuits."

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
"Democrats also are calling for cuts in Medicare spending, using some of the savings to help uninsured workers. A House bill would result in a net reduction in Medicare of about $200 billion, though Obama has insisted the reductions would not cut benefits in the health program for the elderly."

What, does he have Criss Angel as the new finance czar?

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090829/US.Health.Overhaul.Republicans/

Rather than denying the need for reform, this is what Enzi asks.

"He called for more competition among health insurers, for the ability of small businesses to band together across state lines to negotiate for lower-cost insurance plans, for tax breaks to help people buy insurance and for reducing malpractice lawsuits."
I guess this is the result when people vote for someone when they promise 'change', but don't really say what that will involve. These voters don't necessarily know much about how government works, or why the things that have happened recently are bad and don't really care. What they seem to have voted for, more than anything else, was for "someone who isn't _________". Voting for someone because they aren't affiliated with the last administration that they considered to be the worst in history (it wasn't) really isn't the right reason. A candidate should stand for something other than a vague description of something people say they want, with no real details about how it would be paid for, carried out or the far-reaching affects it will have on the country and the world.

I have seen a lot of cars with Obama stickers, driven by kids who are barely over 18. Many are probably in college or have just moved out of their parents' house and living in apartments. They all think Obama is a great thing but until they have to work to support themselves and really get into the part of their life where they start paying taxes, they'll never understand why Obama's plans will affect many people badly. It's obvious that schools don't teach American History or cover the US Constitution. People who don't own anything don't understand.

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I guess this is the result when people vote for someone when they promise 'change', but don't really say what that will involve. These voters don't necessarily know much about how government works, or why the things that have happened recently are bad and don't really care. What they seem to have voted for, more than anything else, was for "someone who isn't _________". Voting for someone because they aren't affiliated with the last administration that they considered to be the worst in history (it wasn't) really isn't the right reason. A candidate should stand for something other than a vague description of something people say they want, with no real details about how it would be paid for, carried out or the far-reaching affects it will have on the country and the world.

I have seen a lot of cars with Obama stickers, driven by kids who are barely over 18. Many are probably in college or have just moved out of their parents' house and living in apartments. They all think Obama is a great thing but until they have to work to support themselves and really get into the part of their life where they start paying taxes, they'll never understand why Obama's plans will affect many people badly. It's obvious that schools don't teach American History or cover the US Constitution. People who don't own anything don't understand.
I agree that a candidate should stand for a set of ideals rather than just being different from the last guy. A politician on either side will spout whatever rhetoric he/she thinks will earn the most votes. It's been that way for a long time and I don't see that changing any time soon. I've seen elected officials at every level vote for a resolution they know is destined to fail, just so it will look good on their voting record.

Your point about young voters not understanding the effects of how government really affects them may carry some truth. Heck, I don't think the majority of the voting public really understands. I will point out though, that I head the same argument in 04 when W got in a second time.

highfigh

highfigh

I agree that a candidate should stand for a set of ideals rather than just being different from the last guy. A politician on either side will spout whatever rhetoric he/she thinks will earn the most votes. It's been that way for a long time and I don't see that changing any time soon. I've seen elected officials at every level vote for a resolution they know is destined to fail, just so it will look good on their voting record.

Your point about young voters not understanding the effects of how government really affects them may carry some truth. Heck, I don't think the majority of the voting public really understands. I will point out though, that I head the same argument in 04 when W got in a second time.
I think a lot of their ignorance comes from being in jobs that pay squat, they pay low rent, have a cheap car and don't need to go far to school or work, so their expenses are low, like gas, income tax and they aren't involved in anything that requires them to pay any kind of additional fees. Once they buy a new car, a house, have electric/gas/water/property tax bills and have to pay additional fees like the ones that go along with running or owning a business, they suddenly realize that they didn't see the whole picture. Some states are obviously different but if they're in WI or one of the ones with insanely high taxes and fees, they're in for a very rude awakening. It's easy to go along with the guy who promises to raise taxes only for the "wealthy" when they fall under the income tax radar, but once they get out of school and see how the real world works, it's like a bad case of sticker shock.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I think a lot of their ignorance comes from being in jobs that pay squat, they pay low rent, have a cheap car and don't need to go far to school or work, so their expenses are low, like gas, income tax and they aren't involved in anything that requires them to pay any kind of additional fees. Once they buy a new car, a house, have electric/gas/water/property tax bills and have to pay additional fees like the ones that go along with running or owning a business, they suddenly realize that they didn't see the whole picture. Some states are obviously different but if they're in WI or one of the ones with insanely high taxes and fees, they're in for a very rude awakening. It's easy to go along with the guy who promises to raise taxes only for the "wealthy" when they fall under the income tax radar, but once they get out of school and see how the real world works, it's like a bad case of sticker shock.
Yeah because we are all so stupid.:rolleyes: That's why we voted out a man's party who sent and supported my friends to go to war with no real justification! Allowing our real enemy to win back their power.

Gee when Clinton was in power our deficit went away, but with Bush it grew like crazy.

Because we elected someone that people outside of our nation actually like and were willing to work with diplomatically that makes us stupid.

Because we want a health care system were we can go to the doctor/dentist when we are sick.

Just because my generation decided to show up to the polls for a candidate that actually payed attention to our concerns. I guess you know it all so why should I even bother. :rolleyes:

And a guy who nominates a very unstable inexperienced governor is so much better than a guy who nominates a seasoned senator.

Yeah I forgot I'm so uninformed. :rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

Yeah because we are all so stupid.:rolleyes: That's why we voted out a man's party who sent and supported my friends to go to war with no real justification! Allowing our real enemy to win back their power.

Gee when Clinton was in power our deficit went away, but with Bush it grew like crazy.

Because we elected someone that people outside of our nation actually like and were willing to work with diplomatically that makes us stupid.

Because we want a health care system were we can go to the doctor/dentist when we are sick.

Just because my generation decided to show up to the polls for a candidate that actually payed attention to our concerns. I guess you know it all so why should I even bother. :rolleyes:

And a guy who nominates a very unstable inexperienced governor is so much better than a guy who nominates a seasoned senator.

Once again, for the cheap seats, THE PRESIDENT CAN'T SEND THE MILITARY ANYWHERE WITHOUT THE APPROVAL OF CONGRESS! They all had the same intelligence (no jokes, please), although the justification was based on flawed info.

Clinton didn't eliminate the deficit, it was on its way out before he got there but still, the President can't do that by himself- he needs Congress' help.

I never said ALL of any generation sees things the same way, I was referring to the ones I see here and I never said anything about them being stupid. I said they were ignorant- there's a difference.

The deficit increased- how would you have dealt with a slumping economy after 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina? I'm really tired of seeing people jump on the "FEMA blew it" bandwagon. New Orleans and Louisiana know they get blasted by hurricanes on a regular basis and if they can't come up with a decent plan by now, I have no sympathy for them. The people yes, but the leaders, no. The residents if that state haven't put any pressure on their local and state government to care for them and it's about time they did.

Also, everyone should bother, but they need to be well informed, not just one-sidedly. I liked Obama at the beginning but the more I heard, the more I was convinced that he wasn't what we need. I hate that we always have the same contentious *****fest every time there's an election. If we could attract the best people for the job instead of people who want to be a savior or because of their financial aspirations, we would be far ahead. I'm absolutely convinced that Obama isn't going to do what is right for the country. I'm also convinced that Joe Biden is almost useless as a VP and he has made several embarrassing comments, which has earned his being almost completely absent. I'n mot sure who's less stable, Biden or Palin. Biden has foreign policy experience, by virtue of being on the committees but as far as actually carrying it out, no. Obama has almost no Senate experience- he was only two years into his term when he started campaigning. McCain has worked with those on the other side of the aisle and he wanted to distance himself from Bush, but the RNC did an absolutely terrible job with his campaign. As bad as you think McCain/Palin would have been and as bad as ACORN is known to be (yes, they have pulled a lot of election BS), Obama only won by 7%.

We have a system that allows us to for for care when we get sick. Unfortunately, it's very expensive. Also, our emergency rooms are being inundated by people who can't or won't pay for the care they receive. That care has to be paid for by someone and those who have insurance policies are the ones who get stuck with the bill. Government will never be able to run health care efficiently and forcing taxpayers to pay for the health care needed by illegals isn't right, either. Nobody wants to have to pay for someone else's care, especially when so many people are involved in dangerous or incredibly unhealthy lifestyles. Do you want to pay for cardiac care for someone who eats nothing but fast food? I doubt it. I sure don't. What about gang members who are shot or those who abuse drugs and alcohol? You surely don't want to pay for their care.

This country has lost the ability to work together for a common goal. We have brief flashes of unity, as shown immediately after 9-11 but that flame flickered out pretty quickly. Too many have been made to think that the government will give them what they need, when they should be out working. The jobs exist, but people don't want them. People keep bringing up the jobs illegal Mexicans do and they say nobody else wants to do them because of the low pay. If the illegals were paying taxes, they wouldn't do those jobs, either.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
You got what you wanted. We'll see how it turns out.

So far, Obama has re-appointed Bush era appointees Gates as SecDef and Bernacke as Chair of the Fed. Apparently, Bush's control of Defense and the economy were so bad that change was needed, but you got...???

The change you did get was a bunch of unelected 60's era radicals appointed to run every facet of American life from the auto companies to urban affairs. Have fun with that.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
You got what you wanted. We'll see how it turns out.

So far, Obama has re-appointed Bush era appointees Gates as SecDef and Bernacke as Chair of the Fed. Apparently, Bush's control of Defense and the economy were so bad that change was needed, but you got...???

The change you did get was a bunch of unelected 60's era radicals appointed to run every facet of American life from the auto companies to urban affairs. Have fun with that.
Don't forget we got 30 or 33 or 34, Oh well a whole bunch of czars. That's change........:rolleyes::D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Is it too late to move to Canada?

Oh, that's not really a comment on the politics here. I just like the beer.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
At this point anyone who sees this moron for anything other than the marxist he is, has their head buried in the sand or is just plain stupid or brainwashed of the above. Crikey man he appoints an avowed communist to a post so what other proof do you need.

I am also tired of all these Bush haters getting in such a tizzy because poor little obambi is getting called out on all this BS he trying to shove down our throats. Nothing this idiot has done so far has helped in any way nor will it. You had your 8 years of hating Bush so sit back and shut up while we do the same to you for 3 1/2 more. Stop all your whining like a bunch of little sissies and take it like a man.

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
At this point anyone who sees this looser for anything other than the marxist he is, has their head buried in the sand or is just plain stupid or brainwashed or both or all of the above. Crikey man he appoints an avowed communist to a post so what other proof do you need.
LOL give me a break. He's not that bad and he's not a marxist. If he were he'd be driving healthcare down our throats. He isn't he's making people talk about it.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
LOL give me a break. He's not that bad and he's not a marxist. If he were he'd be driving healthcare down our throats. He isn't he's making people talk about it.
Well I have to respectfully disagree, and I have more proof that he is than you have that he is not.

Lets start with social and economic justice. Do you know what they are code words for? hmmm?

Really the guy should be investigated just for this stupid move alone.
http://frontpagemag.com/readBlog.aspx?BLOGID=1054

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Uhhh... look carefully.

He IS trying to ram it down our throats.

Remember, he doesn't NEED the republicans to get what he wants. He just needs all the democrats to follow him in lockstep.

Fortunately, some of his own people, known as "blue dog democrats", don't agree with him and are standing in his way. >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Dog_Coalition

That's the only reason he's been courting republican votes, not because he's a nice guy.

Last edited:
G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
It is alarming how many anti-American types he has apponited. You'd think having America haters running the American government isn't such a good idea. :confused:

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
He IS trying to ram it down our throats.

Remember, he doesn't NEED the republicans to get what he wants. He just needs all the democrats to follow him in lockstep.

Fortunately, some of his own people, known as "blue dog democrats", don't agree with him and are standing in his way. >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Dog_Coalition

That's the only reason he's been courting republican votes, not because he's a nice guy.
I know the blue dogs have been making some noise but with Kennedy's death and massive arm twisting from the leadership, I imagine they will go back to being normal Dems....party first, America second or third.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
At this point anyone who sees this moron for anything other than the marxist he is, has their head buried in the sand or is just plain stupid or brainwashed of the above. Crikey man he appoints an avowed communist to a post so what other proof do you need.

I am also tired of all these Bush haters getting in such a tizzy because poor little obambi is getting called out on all this BS he trying to shove down our throats. Nothing this idiot has done so far has helped in any way nor will it. You had your 8 years of hating Bush so sit back and shut up while we do the same to you for 3 1/2 more. Stop all your whining like a bunch of little sissies and take it like a man.
The only sissy here that "was not taking it like a man", has been lsiberian. This stupid and brainwashed member who supports communism must indeed have his head in the sand, and must have shoved anti Bush sentiment down your throat for 3.5 years.

As I get older, I find myself get more conservative. It seems to not be all so uncommon for that to happen.

But, your attitude is hardly befitting a moderator.

I wouldn't get in such a tizzy about one single poster trying to defend his viewpoints, without even the slightest resemblance of the contentiousness in your own posts. Really, ask yourself, who is really getting into a tizzy here?

If it's not just lsiberian who can't take your put-downs and insults like a man, what other members might that be? Was it me?

Or do any contrasting thoughts to yours immediately warrant numerous insults? I suppose to you, it is yes?

"Well, I have to respectfully disagree."? Respectfully? You're kidding me, right?

I suppose because I defended lsiberian in posting his thoughts, without the need for direct insults might now make me a sissy too. At least your use of the word "sissies" can now apply, since before it was only one "sissy". ;)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It is alarming how many anti-American types he has apponited. You'd think having America haters running the American government isn't such a good idea. :confused:
We knew before the election that Obama was anti-American.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
The only sissy here that "was not taking it like a man", has been lsiberian. This stupid and brainwashed member who supports communism must indeed have his head in the sand, and must have shoved anti Bush sentiment down your throat for 3.5 years.

As I get older, I find myself get more conservative. It seems to not be all so uncommon for that to happen.

But, your attitude is hardly befitting a moderator.

I wouldn't get in such a tizzy about one single poster trying to defend his viewpoints, without even the slightest resemblance of the contentiousness in your own posts. Really, ask yourself, who is really getting into a tizzy here?

If it's not just lsiberian who can't take your put-downs and insults like a man, what other members might that be? Was it me?

Or do any contrasting thoughts to yours immediately warrant numerous insults? I suppose to you, it is yes?

"Well, I have to respectfully disagree."? Respectfully? You're kidding me, right?

I suppose because I defended lsiberian in posting his thoughts, without the need for direct insults might now make me a sissy too. At least your use of the word "sissies" can now apply, since before it was only one "sissy". ;)

I was not directing my post at him directly. It was in general that I was talking about. I am no Bush lover at all, and in fact he was a failure on many levels, but he got it correct on some things. What gets me in a tizzy is how now just because Zero is in charge we are all suddenly just supposed to get along after 8 years of their vile lies and attacks on us conservatives. Well forget it because I am not going to just sit back and take it anymore from libs. When they start spouting their lies I am going to push back and push back hard. It was becuase of spineless rino's that we are in this mess we are in now. I am just sick of all the whining on the left when they get attacked like we were for 8 years. That is my point. Don't be so sensitive. :)

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis