Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
majorloser

majorloser

Started my annual preemptive strike toward preventing infestation of earwigs. Damn thing start coming out every August and September. As long as I nuke my lawn with poisons, they go to the neighbors.

Die damn you, DIE!!! :mad:

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Started my annual preemptive strike toward preventing infestation of earwigs. Damn thing start coming out every August and September. As long as I nuke my lawn with poisons, they go to the neighbors.

Die damn you, DIE!!! :mad:
I've heard that they can't stand sub 25hz frequencies. Dave shouts to loserwife "the cats need an outdoor sub":D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It absolutely amazes me that 5th and 6th graders have such a hard time forming the correct embouchure for musical instruments and my "under 2" year old child can do this with no instruction! Maybe we just think too much...

-pat
She has been watching you her whole life. That would be my explanation.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Update: The kabobs were good, but I felt I should have marinated the chicken and steak in something...maybe in Carribean Jerk sauce.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
:mad:BEWARE UPCOMING RANT::mad:

[ rant ]
I just picked up another Onkyo/Integra ADM-2.1 2 channel amp from epray and the seller just stuck it in a box with no bubble wrap or anything! Of course it was dropped and now the back corner is pushed in.

Here are some pics:

In the box:

The corner:

I have not plugged it in yet so I don't know if it still works. What would you do if it still does? This thing will be in back of my main rack so it will be out of site.

I just cannot believe the lack of thought by some people. You don't put something that weights 20lbs in a box with no padding.:mad:
[ /rant ]

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
[ rant ]
I just picked up another Onkyo/Integra ADM-2.1 2 channel amp from epray and the seller just stuck it in a box with no bubble wrap or anything! Of course it was dropped and now the back corner is pushed in.

I have not plugged it in yet so I don't know if it still works. What would you do if it still does? This thing will be in back of my main rack so it will be out of site.

I just cannot believe the lack of thought by some people. You don't put something that weights 20lbs in a box with no padding.:mad:
[ /rant ]
Dude, that sucks. Why would anyone do that? It befuddles the mind.

edit... maybe the thing never worked so he could try and claim that the shipper busted it.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
:mad:BEWARE UPCOMING RANT::mad:

[ rant ]
Please tell me that you noted any damage to the box on the delivery receipt. It's also a good idea to open the box and inspect for damage right in front of the delivery guy, if you can.

Now that the deed is done, everything is more difficult. You can contact the shipper or the delivery company but with the signed receipt, they can say there was no damage on delivery. Everything about these situations sucks. It might just be better as long as it works properly and the damage is hidden. At the very least, you can call the seller and rag him out and/or leave negative feedback on his username.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Please tell me that you noted any damage to the box on the delivery receipt. It's also a good idea to open the box and inspect for damage right in front of the delivery guy, if you can.

Now that the deed is done, everything is more difficult. You can contact the shipper or the delivery company but with the signed receipt, they can say there was no damage on delivery. Everything about these situations sucks. It might just be better as long as it works properly and the damage is hidden. At the very least, you can call the seller and rag him out and/or leave negative feedback on his username.
Thanks for the suggestions.

One of my co-workers picked it up at the local post office so I was unable to do it there. I did go back and due to the way it was packaged they said they would not even do an insurance claim. I have already contacted the seller and sent him photo's. He said he had a friend pack and ship it. So he was suprised when I said there was no packing material in the box. He seems willing to make it right but like you said it just sucks.

I've got to finish making some maps and then I'll test it out on our office sound system.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Alex is outside your window right now preparing a special batch of jerk sauce.:eek:
P.S. You should know better by now.:p
Caught me sipping coffee with that one. I didn't spray but it almost had to go back in the cup. I'm scared to use the word swallow anymore. :rolleyes:

He's not Canadian either but he'll eat our bacon.:D
I am a Canadian citizen.;)

MMMMM bacon.:D:D I like bacon.
I find that pic a little repugnant. The bacon ain't cooked so you can't eat it and the bazoongas have raw bacon all over 'em so they're of little use unless you were planning to fry the girl like a scallop which might be kind of tasty. :)

Sorry to hear about the damaged gear, Craig. The thing is probably gonna outlast all your other gear due to this 'fine tuning' so plug and play like there's no looking back. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis