Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamie2112

Banned
Its a pool day for sure today...........hey I have a pool i guess I am set whooo hooo:D:D:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I would hope those things are waterproof. I am sure they sound amazing, but they are kind of ugly, IMO of course. I guess that doesn't matter - function over form all the way!

EDIT: What? $135k a pair? :eek::confused:

Nope, I definitely could never do that, even if I won the Powerball. But that is just me. :)
$135K hmm you must have found them on sale. The latest version sells for $185K.:D

In this months Stereopile they review their "affordable" Maxx 3's that sell for $66K.:rolleyes:

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
$135K hmm you must have found them on sale. The latest version sells for $185K.:D

In this months Stereopile they review their "affordable" Maxx 3's that sell for $66K.:rolleyes:
Ah I just googled a review site. It must have been old - inflation is a b**ch.

I always thought the absolute epitome of excess was the YG Acoustics stuff, but the Wilsons seem to top that. I seem to remember there were a few others, but I forgot about them as soon as I read their price because it was traumatic for me. :D

I guess extreme excess upsets me a little because that kind of money could be used for great things for the world instead, like getting rid of Canadian public health care so Dave can get to the damned doctor! That opens up a whole other can of worms that I won't get into... :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I guess extreme excess upsets me a little because that kind of money could be used for great things for the world instead. That opens up a whole other can of worms that I won't get into... :)
I hear you. I know I could never really part with that much cash for speakers not matter what my income. The one positive I can say about Wilson is that they are completely made in the USA and when you look at the detail of their gear you can see how much time and effort went into their construction. They are not like other esoteric gear that is very expensive but is basically an empty box with a buch of vodoo.

J

jamie2112

Banned
I went and listened to a set of Wilson Watt Puppies a few months back.They were great.Sound was very full and in your face but not so much that it will become fatiguing.For the price I would go for the Salk HT-3 over the Wilsons.The watts are freakin heavy and moving them would be a real pain..

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Its a pool day for sure today...........hey I have a pool i guess I am set whooo hooo:D:D:D
My fricking pool is like a jacuzzi:eek: and I have a 12' deep end which you cant do by code(sfla) for residents anymore. Ocean afternoon:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just discovered that Psych and Burn Notice are available on hulu.com. I had never looked there before, and I feel kinda stupid. Hulu will buffer the stream, whereas the USA Network site won't. My DSL is pretty slow, so this is a very nice improvement for me. I'm a happy, happy man. :)

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I just discovered that Psych and Burn Notice are available on hulu.com. I had never looked there before, and I feel kinda stupid. Hulu will buffer the stream, whereas the USA Network site won't. My DSL is pretty slow, so this is a very nice improvement for me. I'm a happy, happy man. :)
I love hulu.com They have a bunch of old movies and shows. Its time to upgrade too high speed cable service. My new cable moden is very fast by the way.:D

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
hottest day

I think we just had our hottest day of the year today:cool: I did not watch the news but they said today would be very hot. Believe it or not it took the bike out for a few hours. I think i lost five pounds from sweat.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
Do you know if you have good over-the-air coverage where you live? The over-the-air HD shows here are fantastic.
Belive me or not i hooked up my over the air antenna the other day. I hooked it up to my pc which has the connection. I set it up in windows media center it found the signal but for some reason i could not switch between cable and over the air signal. Not sure what i am doing wrong with that. I was hoping i could switch between the two.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Paul, do you have analog or digital cable? If analog, do you have a dual-tuner for your PC (with two separate coax inputs)?

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
Paul, do you have analog or digital cable? If analog, do you have a dual-tuner for your PC (with two separate coax inputs)?
Its not a dual tuner... I guess that why i cant view both of the signals.. I hooked up the cable box to the pc through s-video and left and right audio with digital to the receiver. It works just fine. hdmi for pc to tv.

Now that i think about it i could hook up the antenna straight to the tv but thats just a pain just for hd over the air. imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis