Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like a scary clown face to me. :eek:
It goes between being a barking dog and a demon face when I look at it.

On a related note, I've looked down at the carpet in my bathroom and seen demon faces or skulls in the fabric on several occasions. Seriously. Sometimes I can mentally convert them into smiling faces, but not always.

It's a real riddle why I don't have a girlfriend...

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
It goes between being a barking dog and a demon face when I look at it.

On a related note, I've looked down at the carpet in my bathroom and seen demon faces or skulls in the fabric on several occasions. Seriously. Sometimes I can mentally convert them into smiling faces, but not always.

It's a real riddle why I don't have a girlfriend...
Dear God man! You need new carpet too? I hate it when that happens. :D

Yeah I can see the demon face in the stars too. Don't worry too much about it. I am sure it won't get here till around December 2012. Better jump on that new AVR while you still can... ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Dear God man! You need new carpet too? I hate it when that happens. :D
No kidding! When I got new carpet, I didn't replace the stuff in the bathroom. Now I need to arrange an exorcism or something.

I am sure it won't get here till around December 2012.
I'm going to guess around the 18th or 19th. After all, it's a long trip, and the dude is going to want to rest, relax, and probably party a little bit before ending it all on the 21st.

strube

strube

Well, I best check out for the evening. I was thinking I might make it to 750 this weekend but I guess it will have to wait. Time for another week of research I hate - boo.

Have a good evening, Adam.

strube

strube

No kidding! When I got new carpet, I didn't replace the stuff in the bathroom. Now I need to arrange an exorcism or something.

I'm going to guess around the 18th or 19th. After all, it's a long trip, and the dude is going to want to rest, relax, and probably party a little bit before ending it all on the 21st.
Yeah I am sure he will have a few beers before and after he takes us all out. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, man! Have a great night, yourself!

Don't stress too much about all the research. You've probably heard the trick about finding your thesis in the library, putting some cash in it, and then going back years later to see if the cash is still there. Odds are, it will be. ;)

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Purchased 3 HDMI cables for under $7 today. All 10 foot lengths.

I don't see any faces in the NASA pic from earlier...

The cable works fine. More pics to come in my other thread.

Drank ~8 beers tonight (wine and beer added together...)

-pat

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
My buddy fell off the wagon again... Apparently I ended up along for the ride. we bought a grill, made some burgers, went out to eat and got sh'canned. I need to work somewhat early tomorrow. Too bad I slept in today. Tiger Woods and Michael Phelps won today.. That was my Sunday.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry to say this to such a fan, but the movie doesn't do that much for me. :eek: I like it, don't get me wrong, but the audio kinda sucks, IMO. The dialogue just seems too low to me. I thought that maybe the blu-ray would sound different than the DVD, but it seems to be the same.
I was about to tell you to disable the auto flagged DRC that every TrueHD track comes with. Some receivers keep the setting, but mine has to be done every time . . .

Ah ha! That is because you are listening the exact same audio track as the DVD. It does sound different in TrueHD, though, and much better for that matter - but you can't really tell.

Maybe you really do need a 4310... :)

By the way, I really like it, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Don't blame the Blu-Ray though. Blame the Pioneer VSX-1015TX, or the lack of 7.1 analog outputs on the BD60...
but then I read this, ok. Yeah, of the small handful of DD vs lossless comparos I've done, none was more drastic than with The Dark Knight. Lemme look for my thread...

TrueHD vs DD on the Dark Knight

btw, IMO, the IMAX scenes are pretty much as good as it gets on BD. However, the rest of the film's PQ was about average to actually below average IMO. Since they saved IMAX for all the major action sequences, with some short intermediary outdoor shots, it's still very enjoyable to me to watch in terms of PQ, overall.

Matt34

Matt34

Took Katie swimming for the first time yesterday, I think she's going to be a fish just like her dad.;)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Man, it just felt like yesterday when Katie was born. I've never had kids, but it's nutz to see how fast they grow. I just got back from a 6 hr string quartet rehearsal, and two of the members had their toddlers there. Every time I come back, they are bigger. Even after only a month sometimes. :)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
That looks just like my bathroom floor after taking six hits of acid. :eek: :D
That's funny. I've never done LSD or shrooms, but a friend once came over in HS and asked for some OJ. I said sure. We went to my room to hang out or something, and with this dresser that I had for soooo long, he pointed out this crazy face to me, something I had never noticed. After that I could NOT look at it without having that face jump right out at me. It was after he showed the face to me, to my great surprise, that he let me know he was tripping ballz. :rolleyes:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I am so wired right now. I knew I shouldn't have drank all of that french press coffee at 8pm. :eek::eek: I passed out on the couch for a little bit, and wanted to be awake for the rest of my rehearsal. :(

Matt34

Matt34

I am so wired right now. I knew I shouldn't have drank all of that french press coffee at 8pm. :eek::eek: I passed out on the couch for a little bit, and wanted to be awake for the rest of my rehearsal. :(
I'm trying to stay up as late as possible tonight, we are doing night training with the dogs this week to escape some of the heat.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Man, it just felt like yesterday when Katie was born. I've never had kids, but it's nutz to see how fast they grow. I just got back from a 6 hr string quartet rehearsal, and two of the members had their toddlers there. Every time I come back, they are bigger. Even after only a month sometimes. :)
6 hour rehearsals blow! I remember those in college. Freshman year was rough playing sax for ~8 hours a day, with breaks, initially. I started to be able to handle it around December. First couple months were rough!

-pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis