Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Is it even possible to misspell a word when you type that slow? :p
Nice. :D

Adam has been away from his computer for almost an hour.
I'm waiting for the four horsemen or the seventh trumpet. :p :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Adam has been away from his computer for almost an hour.
I'm waiting for the four horsemen or the seventh trumpet. :p :p
:D Heck, man - if me buying a new TV didn't open up the portal to Hell, then nothing that I do will.

There was that dark prophecy that I was told over in the Far East, but I'm pretty sure that dude was drunk. I can't explain why this tattoo is forming on my chest, though...

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I just talk to Dad. We talk about Winston Churchill, the Weather, the Family...

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
i was talking to my brothers girlfriend, and she was comparing her bose earbuds to my klipsch custom 3's. the funny thing is that she called them blose by "accident".

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
i was talking to my brothers girlfriend, and she was comparing her bose earbuds to my klipsch custom 3's. the funny thing is that she called them blose by "accident".
Just curious, have you listened to both?

-pat

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just finished watching the final two episodes of Stargate Atlantis (on DVD). Too bad that it got cancelled - I really liked that show.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
"Blose", that's a good one. :) (From post #12525)

Reminds me of Jamie's woed. ;) That woed is certainly one of the longest lasting one in the audio archives history. I just love it. I always think of Jamie, and I think that I will remember that one for still a very very long time.
Thanks Jamie, for that very happy mispelling. It is now an official woed. :)

* Tonight, I 'thing' that I'll rewatch "Watchmen" on Blu.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I drove about 300 kms today looking at used trucks. I went to look at a 95 Lightning but it was a bad repaint on a rough body that was already rusting through again. The sad part is that they want $9K for it. I also stumbled across a 97 Dodge SS/T for $9K but its got about 200K kms on it. I'm beginning to think that there's no such thing as a good used vehicle for a reasonable price.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm watching The Dark Knight on blu-ray, and it keeps changing aspect ratios between the movie ratio and full screen.

strube

strube

I'm watching The Dark Knight on blu-ray, and it keeps changing aspect ratios between the movie ratio and full screen.
Yeah it does that.

The 16:9 scenes were filmed with an IMAX camera, and the 2.35:1 scenes with a normal camera.

I think it is cool. :D

strube

strube

Do you know if it did that in the movie theater?
Only at the IMAX, which is where I saw it the first time (out of three times - I am a big fan :D). I thought it was spectacular on a 4 story screen. I only noticed the transitions because I was looking for them.

The DVD and regular theater release just trimmed the top and bottoms of the IMAX footage.

strube

strube

Wait a minute...

You are posting on here while watching the Dark Knight on blu-ray?

You don't need a 4310! You can't even enjoy a brilliant film without posting a few things on Audioholics - there is no way you can enjoy a new AVR! For shame! ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wait a minute...

You are posting on here while watching the Dark Knight on blu-ray?
Sorry to say this to such a fan, but the movie doesn't do that much for me. :eek: I like it, don't get me wrong, but the audio kinda sucks, IMO. The dialogue just seems too low to me. I thought that maybe the blu-ray would sound different than the DVD, but it seems to be the same.

strube

strube

Sorry to say this to such a fan, but the movie doesn't do that much for me. :eek: I like it, don't get me wrong, but the audio kinda sucks, IMO. The dialogue just seems too low to me. I thought that maybe the blu-ray would sound different than the DVD, but it seems to be the same.
Ah ha! That is because you are listening the exact same audio track as the DVD. It does sound different in TrueHD, though, and much better for that matter - but you can't really tell.

Maybe you really do need a 4310... :)

By the way, I really like it, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Don't blame the Blu-Ray though. Blame the Pioneer VSX-1015TX, or the lack of 7.1 analog outputs on the BD60...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis