Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Those M3's are really nice cars, and IMO not even a little overpriced. I actually like the early 03 04 body style a little better than the newer ones, though. Which I guess is nice if I do get the urge to go nuts on a car. I love cars as much as the next guy, I really do, but its really difficult to justify given my automotive needs. I spend just enough time in my car to kind of worry about mileage. 7 more months and my car is paid off, it'll be the first time I've ever paid off a car I bought new and I couldn't be more excited about it. I've almost never been more pleased with any purchase.

I played golf today with my big bro. I'm caddying for him in an upcoming nationwide tour qualifier. I hope he does well. Just for the record, I kicked his @$$ today. :D:cool:

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Part of me really wants to buy a Denon 4310 - the other part of me really doesn't because I know that I don't need it.
Sounds familiar! Usually the "want" side of my brain overrides the "don't need" side of my brain, except in the last few months, that is... :D

I say you only live once unless your James Bond or a cat, so you should enjoy life while you can and if the new AVR is going to enhance your enjoyment of life even the slightest bit (without straining your pocketbook too much), you should take the opportunity while it is on sale...

Just sayin :)....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Strube, you're a big reason that I don't have the 3808. I had it in my cart, but then you posted that you'd pick the 4310 over it...so I calmed down and didn't get it. If you'd have posted, "the 3808 is the thing to get," then I'd be taking Monday off to meet the UPS person. :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds familiar! Usually the "want" side of my brain overrides the "don't need" side of my brain, except in the last few months, that is... :D

I say you only live once unless your James Bond or a cat, so you should enjoy life while you can and if the new AVR is going to enhance your enjoyment of life even the slightest bit (without straining your pocketbook too much), you should take the opportunity while it is on sale...

Just sayin :)....
I wonder how many lives James Bond's cat has?

strube

strube

Strube, you're a big reason that I don't have the 3808. I had it in my cart, but then you posted that you'd pick the 4310 over it...so I calmed down and didn't get it. If you'd have posted, "the 3808 is the thing to get," then I'd be taking Monday off to meet the UPS person. :D
I apologize for that - I was saying that because I didn't know you had it in your cart at $999! I was thinking the few places to get it it was up in the $1400 range or refurbished. I did say afterward that at $999 I would go for the 3808 didn't I - and it was just too late?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I apologize for that - I was saying that because I didn't know you had it in your cart at $999! I was thinking the few places to get it it was up in the $1400 range or refurbished. I did say afterward that at $999 I would go for the 3808 didn't I - and it was just too late?
Oh, I used the grinning face for a reason! I did decide not to buy it based on your post, but my mind was leaning that way already. I just couldn't see spending $1k on a two-year-old receiver. I really liked the three optical inputs, but I like some of the subtle changes that have been made to the front face on the new models.

strube

strube

You only get halve credit if you don't show your math.:p
Damn! I always get screwed for either not showing units or just not showing work in general!

Can I get partial credit back if I redo it?

James Bond's two lives automatically multiply any of his pets lives by two, because he is the man.

A standard, average British cat who loves martinis has 9 lives.

Thus, 2 [James Bond Life Multiplier]*9 [British Martini-Drinking Cat Lives] = 18 [James Bond's British Martini-Drinking Cat Lives]

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
"Half"?

Sorry. Alex has me all focused on typos now. :)
I'm all about typos! Oh yea, leave it to a foreigner to tell us how bad our spelling is.:rolleyes::D

who loves ya Alex.................It's the beer talking...........I'll shut up now..........

I like the ...............!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Or perhaps the cat only has eight lives, because Mr. Bond borrowed one for himself?

strube

strube

Oh, I used the grinning face for a reason! I did decide not to buy it based on your post, but my mind was leaning that way already. I just couldn't see spending $1k on a two-year-old receiver. I really liked the three optical inputs, but I like some of the subtle changes that have been made to the front face on the new models.
Okay, just making sure. :D

That is what I thought held you back when you could still buy the 3808 everywhere for $999, and I totally understand. :)

strube

strube

Or perhaps the cat only has eight lives, because Mr. Bond borrowed one for himself?
Hmmmm. Very intriguing...

I wonder if Alex is done with his movie yet... I gave him some freakin' awesome router recommendations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis