UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

annunaki

annunaki

So long as it is a street legal "slick" tire, it would count. I thought that they only allowed production vehicles on there anyway??

The Renault R24 went around the track in about 59.5 seconds or so, they did not keep that time as you could not purchase the vehicle.

Schumacher could still compete with the young guns in F1. His development skills, feedback for engineers, and overall team attitude were second to none in my book. When the car was up to par (and even when it wasn't) he could always wrangle the extra couple of tenths out of it almost at will.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Bourdais ousted from STR and just before they get all the good stuff for the car too. That sucks.

annunaki

annunaki

Paul Tracy had a blurb about that saying that he is a pr*** to work with. I think he is still bitter for coming in second all those years though. :D

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
Kimi laeving F1 altogether?

Did anyone read that Kimi is leaving F1 for world rallying. Apparently F1 is not his passion anymore, and Alonso is now going to be able to join Ferrari next season. This is all rumors, of course.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, I read that, until it happens, it's a rumour, but I believe it. I don't think Kimis' heart is in it anymore.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Did anyone read that Kimi is leaving F1 for world rallying. Apparently F1 is not his passion anymore, and Alonso is now going to be able to join Ferrari next season. This is all rumors, of course.
Yeah, I read that, until it happens, it's a rumour, but I believe it. I don't think Kimis' heart is in it anymore.
Kimi has not had his head in the game for a year and a half. I say let him go. I'm not sure about Alonso though...Talented yes but, I just got this feeling like him and Ferrari wouldn't be a good fit.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
So what about this rookie Jaime Alguersuari? Talk about a steep learning curve! A couple straight line tests and thats it for F1 experience.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Wow. Massa's freak accident was horrible. Let's hope for a full recovery.

Race was OK. I'm having a hard time paying full attention this year...I hope next year gets better.

majorloser

majorloser

Wow. Massa's freak accident was horrible. Let's hope for a full recovery.

Race was OK. I'm having a hard time paying full attention this year...I hope next year gets better.
Can you imagine getting smacked with a coil spring at those speeds? Then crashing into the tire wall? OUCH :eek:

I'll be amazed if he's able to drive again this season.

annunaki

annunaki

Massa's incident was pretty freaky.

Webber is now the closest challenger to Button. At the rate he has been finishing compared to Button, he may have a shot!!

Red Bull does look set to overhaul Brawn at some point in the constructors battle.

Things don't look good for Brawn though with Ferrari & Macca both starting to come in line. It is that many more teams to take points. Same goes for Renault, Williams, & Toyota.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Finally Hamilton wins one. Wow, looks like Macca finally have aero sorted out. That plus the Kers, I think they may have a few more wins. I hope Massa makes it back this season. All we need to is to hear that Shuey is going to be his interim replacement. Now that would be dramatic!

Were Ferrari not allowed to have a replacement for Massa because he had already qualified?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Finally Hamilton wins one. Wow, looks like Macca finally have aero sorted out. That plus the Kers, I think they may have a few more wins. I hope Massa makes it back this season. All we need to is to hear that Shuey is going to be his interim replacement. Now that would be dramatic!

Were Ferrari not allowed to have a replacement for Massa because he had already qualified?
That's what I figure. Who is Ferrari's test driver anyhow?

About Massa...I hope he's back driving in F1 at all someday. He took a serious hit to the brain. I don't know how bad it really is but I'm worried for him as a person let alone a driver.

Does anyone know what his current status is?

majorloser

majorloser

It was announced over the weekend that Massa's wife is expecting their first child due in November.

Now I read Formula One race stewards have banned Renault from the August 23 European GP after the French team allowed Alonso to leave the pits with a wheel not properly secured during Sunday's Hungarian GP. The Spaniard's right-front tire came off and bounced on the track. Alonso limped back to the pits and later retired from the 70-lap event.

There's rumors on the internet of Alonzo or Shumey taking over for Massa.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I read Doctors are worried about his eyesight, but he was able to move his limbs after they woke him from the induced coma.

Ok, I feel really bad for Massa, but if Shuey were to come back as a temp, that would be HUUUUUGE.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I was just thinking, why didn't Brawn use Ferrari engines? Would seem to be expected given his history with Ferrari.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I was just thinking, why didn't Brawn use Ferrari engines? Would seem to be expected given his history with Ferrari.
I'm betting because if Ferrari wasn't forced too share already they wouldn't at all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis