Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Hell's Kitchen with the wife, Katie is racked out next to me.
HK was intense tonight... pretty good show actually. I got pretty interested. I like to cook but there's no way I could deal with Chef Ramsey.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Sensi has me off listening to all kinds of stuff on youtube. For example:

Last edited by a moderator:
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Its fun to play them all at the same time.. .still sounds like one song to me...

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
staying home with my sick 10 mth old. He's running a fever and has a runny nose. He's also a little grumpy, which is very unusual. He's been fighting ear infections for a long time, so that's my guess. He's scheduled to get tubes in a month, so it might be back to the antibiotics for him. :(

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Sensi has me off listening to all kinds of stuff on youtube. For example:

Dubstep man. ;) Youtube doesn't do dubstep any justice either, because the weight is held in the subbass.

I know Benga. :)

Check out his remix of Faithless's Insonmia:

You might also like:

I can keep going and going, let me know stuff you dig and I'll recommend you a ton of dubstep. There is everything from mellow stuff to heavy filth. Really the only thing dubstep has in common is its half-time (generally around 140bpm, but it sounds like 70 because its half-time) and has thick heavy bass.

Everything from mellow:

...to nnnassttyyy filfth :D

Last edited by a moderator:
mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Damn, you're making me work hard today. I like those ok. I thought I'd go on wikipedia and try and figure out what specific genre's I like, and that is frickin' hard. There are so many kinds of electronic music it's not even funny. And I like a handful of them.

It makes it even tougher that I don't like all of an artist's material. For example, I like some of the Chemical Brother's tracks, but I certainly don't like all of it. Same for Prodigy. I know I rattled off two of the more commericially viable artists out there, but that's because they are accessible to me.

Here is characteristics that I like...I like a strong beat, but not necessarily with a pounding bass drum every other beat. I like songs that can take a hook (if you will), and constantly evolve it, much like a classical Mozart piece. I like some music with intelligence, which is probably some of the reason I like electronic music.

Dubstep certainly fits a few of those, and I certainly appreciate the artistry of it, but it doesn't fit with me as well as some other things I've listened to.

I'm going through my fuze to see what tracks I like, I download a lot of stuff and then never pay attention to what it is that I like. :eek:

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Here is some stuff I found. Most of this stuff might be considered more house, but as you can see, it's all over the place.

Ferry Corsten - Punk (DJ Icey remix)
Tiesto - Traffic
Astrix - Artcore album
Moogwai - Viola2005
The Prodigy - Piranha
Armin Van Buuren (I like a lot of his stuff)
Chem Bros- Saturate

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Damn, you're making me work hard today. I like those ok. I thought I'd go on wikipedia and try and figure out what specific genre's I like, and that is frickin' hard. There are so many kinds of electronic music it's not even funny. And I like a handful of them.

It makes it even tougher that I don't like all of an artist's material. For example, I like some of the Chemical Brother's tracks, but I certainly don't like all of it. Same for Prodigy. I know I rattled off two of the more commericially viable artists out there, but that's because they are accessible to me.

Here is characteristics that I like...I like a strong beat, but not necessarily with a pounding bass drum every other beat. I like songs that can take a hook (if you will), and constantly evolve it, much like a classical Mozart piece. I like some music with intelligence, which is probably some of the reason I like electronic music.

Dubstep certainly fits a few of those, and I certainly appreciate the artistry of it, but it doesn't fit with me as well as some other things I've listened to.

I'm going through my fuze to see what tracks I like, I download a lot of stuff and then never pay attention to what it is that I like. :eek:
The trouble with electronic music is the accessibility. There are a billion different genres, no one agrees on where the lines are, and what ends up happening is the genre is just built up of how people describe something.

Also, producers end up exploring different genres, and sometimes even using different names.

If your interested in getting into electronic music, my biggest advice would be to listen to MIXES instead of just tracks. It's made to be listened that way, and when you hear some of them on their own, they stop making sense.

Here is some stuff I found. Most of this stuff might be considered more house, but as you can see, it's all over the place.

Ferry Corsten - Punk (DJ Icey remix)
Tiesto - Traffic
Astrix - Artcore album
Moogwai - Viola2005
The Prodigy - Piranha
Armin Van Buuren (I like a lot of his stuff)
Chem Bros- Saturate
Out of those I see trance and big beat.

The Prodigy and Chemical Brothers are big beat. You might also like The Crystal Method and Junkie XL.

Tiesto, Ferry Corsten and Armin Van Buuren is trance.

I have terabytes worth of mixes of all sorts of electronic music. I can freely share them legally, when I get home tonight I'll try to get some mixes online for you. I have some trance and big beat stuff you might like.

A lot of people start with enjoying trance and big beat, and then as they spend more time with electronic music begin to discover other genres that they like more.

Like that Benga tune caught your ears, and that's some driving dubstep. So, you probably like anything with a driving beat... which could be anything from house to trance to dubstep to drum and bass.

It's hard to get your feet wet with electronic music, but once you do, its like discovering music all over again.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Back from Cancun. Nice trip aside from the fact that we had some gear stolen on Isla Mujeres (Woman's Island or, from now on, Beeyotches Island). Nothing important. Just lost a couple photos on the digital camera, ipod, and some random articles of clothing. No money or anything truly important to get back to the states.

-pat

J

jamie2112

Banned
Back from Cancun. Nice trip aside from the fact that we had some gear stolen on Isla Mujeres (Woman's Island or, from now on, Beeyotches Island). Nothing important. Just lost a couple photos on the digital camera, ipod, and some random articles of clothing. No money or anything truly important to get back to the states.

-pat
Damn Pat sorry to hear about your stolen gear. That sucks......:mad:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

-pat
That sucks:mad:...oh well Now you get to go out and upgrade!:)

Hope you had a great time.:cool:

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
sorry about your stuff and things. I would have liked to see some of the pictures you had on the camera.:mad:

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Upgrade? My wife gets to upgrade. It was her iPod that was taken. I just picked up a 4gb Fuze before we left :D.

We do have some pictures off our camera phones and hopefully the kind couple we conned into taking our picture at the Crab House will email them to us in the coming days. I'll put a few up in the coming days. Luckily, we hadn't taken very many to begin with.

-pat

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
nearly 12 hours and no RBSO posts? Are you people suddenly getting lives or did you forget how to use a keyboard?
I offer my apologies. I had to skip AH for a couple of days. I don't think Adam can relate to that.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis