Car modding/projects thread!

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Here is my new sleeper import.
4.8 seconds 0-60 mph
13.4 seconds in 1/4 mile at 108mph
388HP, 391FT/LBs Torque at 2800rpm

Plan to add headers, ECU tune, LSD, and Supercharger for 550HP, 4 seconds 0-60, and 12 second 1/4 mile!!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw two increidble cars this past weekend. In my neighborhood, I saw an R8; the first one I've seen in person. Very nice.

On the way up to the lake I saw a ZR1!!!! Gorgeous.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I was supposed to be getting the 452's, but the online retailer wasn't going to be shipping them until later this week, all the way from PA. I didn't feel like waiting that long, so I went to the Tire Rack and bought some Kuhmo Ecsta SPT's. I had a set of Kuhmo's a few years ago and they were a great tire for the money. A little loud though.

It was a MAJOR pain in the *** to find tires in 19". Most tires I found were at least $300 each!!! :eek:

I would have been better off getting 20's for my car, (much bigger tire selection). But I didn't want rims that big.
Kuhmos are great in dry weather but be extra careful in the rain. They are not well suited for bad weather!! Nice ride, by the way. I like the grey look. (hides the dirt better!!!!:D)

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Been a while since I did any note worthy work on my cars, but the new one needed some help in the transmission. When I bought it, it made a spinning grinding noise when the clutch was out. A friend of mine from Vancouver Civics knows more about the 4th gen then Honda, so with his help, we're rebuilding the transmission, expecting to replace some bearings.

Not quite. Here are 2 photographs, which explain the seriousness of the problem.

"Dude, where's the tip of my 3rd gear shifter fork?"

"Oh, there it is, bouncing around in my transmission."

So, along with ALL the bearings, the car is getting another 3rd gear shifter fork from a transmission I picked up today, as well as the 5th gear from a DX (Bigger, lower RPMs, better MPG).

SheepStar
Looks like a lot of work. Good thing you found the problem. Let us know how it all works out.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
some of you can do top speed. but where i am at, its not top speed. its how "quick" can you cover 2 blocks. so, top speed means nothing to me.
I agree. Top speed is pretty pointless unless your on a race track. 0-60mph is where reality lives.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Here's my car, and since it is a BMW, it's always a project car, even if you don't know it! (and now you know where my username comes from).

Old wheels

Current wheels
I agree. The M3 is the sport sedan all others want to be. I test drove the new M3 and really liked it. Unfortunately, I need a car with four doors.

I can tell you take good care of it. Very nice.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Worked on the Saab today. Cleared the corners, took the black paint off the intercooler grill, installed the SMBC, and added a europlate I had laying around.

Very clean. Don't see many Saabs around here. And the ones I do see are never in this good of condition. Good job!

W

westcott

Audioholic General
This LP frame is my idea of an extensive car modification.
:D

If it takes more than a few turns of a screwdriver, it's too much work.
:eek:

I prefer to support the mechanics!! They have kids too feed ya know!!
Its better for your car warranty to leave them alone anyway!! Although, I do take pride in restoring classics and doing my own work. I am getting ready to start a Factory Five GTM project. Shoud be fun.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I'm a car nut. I ended up selling my car a while ago, just because I wasn't in the financial position to keep up with it. Hopefully in a little bit I can pick something up again.

331 Stroker, A4 race block, pretty much full tilt to support a T76 turbo.
Nice work. I see we have a few people that are just as enthusiastic about their rides as they are about audio. I guess that should not be a surprise.

Mustangs are dangerous. You never know what is under the hood of the older Mustangs when you pull up next to one. I like!

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Couple updated pics of the turbo TA

Sean
P.S. Sorry for the large pics
Gotta love the work you have done. What kind or rear end is that? It looks custom!!!

I like the four link too!

American muscle. Gotta love it!!!

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Finally found a rear wing I like, should be here in a week or two.
Looks super clean!!! I see a lot of the 350/370Z on the road. I saw one at our favorite Mexican Restaurant the other day and you could tell looking through the hood vents it was NOT stock!!!

Alwasy makes me leary to start something. You just never know what is under the hood in one of these things!!!

Enjoy. It is a very clean ride!!!

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I was late getting up to the track tonight due to the monsoon we had here locally and waiting for the bike guys to load up there bikes.

Didn't do so bad, went 1-1 with a mod'd wrx and SRT-8 charger, beat a 4.6 rustang, couple hondas and a audi a4. Lost to a Firehawk(I missed shift 3rd) and a bombed out dodge diesel.

Only race I got on video was my win over the SRT-8. Yes the wind was horrible and the timing tree was down due to lighting in the area.
Looked like a close race although it was hard to tell towards the end. Is your car stock. Was the SRT8 stock?

Matt34

Matt34

Looked like a close race although it was hard to tell towards the end. Is your car stock. Was the SRT8 stock?
His was stock and mine just had a CAI and exhaust. I've long since traded it Z in. I do miss it, though it wasn't very practical as a daily driver

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I put my engineering degree to some use and now have a line-in jack for the stock Bose system on my RSX-S. MP3 player hooked up is such a wonderful thing.

Yes, Bose sucks ***, but it was either rig up a line-in jack somehow or spend $400+ on a stereo, then give in to the temptation of spending another $1k on gear. This mod cost me $4. :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
His was stock and mine just had a CAI and exhaust. I've long since traded it Z in. I do miss it, though it wasn't very practical as a daily driver
I've found that being satisfied with a car depends on what else you drive. My car feels plenty fast, because other then it, I drive an 2010 Fit, and a 2008 Ridgeline. When I step out of my car, into a friends with a turbo, or a seriously built engine, you really feel like what you have isn't enough.

Trying to impress someone with a built car, or a bike, is really, really hard.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Here is my new sleeper import.
4.8 seconds 0-60 mph
13.4 seconds in 1/4 mile at 108mph
388HP, 391FT/LBs Torque at 2800rpm

Plan to add headers, ECU tune, LSD, and Supercharger for 550HP, 4 seconds 0-60, and 12 second 1/4 mile!!!
Please add 2.5inch drop on every corner.

The Transmission is rebuilt and in the car, working perfectly. Changed out one of my axles for the correct one (not going to get into the details).

Now, I need to do the HG, TB, and WP. Yeah, this is the last used car I buy. Ever.

SheepStar

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
I agree. Top speed is pretty pointless unless your on a race track. 0-60mph is where reality lives.
in the city, sure.
in the burbs = 0-100 is where its at. i will get to 60 in 100' . and i don't even have tire.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis