Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Wimbledon on this TV in high def is amazing. I'm definitely a digital over-the-air convert.
And Blu ray is a noticeable improvement over that. I want to try out the OTA antenna option but it would have to be an indoor deal and I don't have a lot of faith in that. Condo living has a drawbacks.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I want to try out the OTA antenna option but it would have to be an indoor deal and I don't have a lot of faith in that.
Do you have rabbit ears already? If not, do you have an FM antenna that has an f-type connector on the end that could plug into the jack on your TV? I can get PBS crystal clear on my computer's TV tuner by just hooking up the FM antenna that came with my Pioneer receiver - and I'm not placing it anywhere fancy, either. Heck, I can connect the little RF extender antenna that came with my Directv receiver to the jack and get PBS. If you've got something like that, it's worth at least plugging it in, right? :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
do you have an FM antenna that has an f-type connector on the end that could plug into the jack on your TV?
Hmmm ... I do. It's a little amplified job from Radio Shack. It even has a blue light. Of course there must be a regular one laying around too. Loosing cable would be my distinct pleasure but the problem would lie in no DVR for Oprah, General Hospital and all the flavors of Law & Order for SWIMBO. :D

This Nikki avatar is giving me a splitting headache. I have this strange urge to order snack bars from Amazon. I don't even like snack bars. Why am I suddenly thinking about meal replacements. I like meals. Why replace them? :confused:

I have probably mentioned this before but when you do get a date make sure that she knows up front that you expect action ... twice: Once on the way there and once on the way back. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Amazon has some, ummm, unusual items on their Friday Sale today. Bachelorette party related stuff.

Maybe Alex will get that Prime membership after all. :)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Looks like you guys had fun today... I've been playing in photoshop all day. :(

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I think adam got a big raise that he hasn't told us about. New tv new blu-ray
now all he needs is a new receiver.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
now all he needs is a new receiver.:D
Word. :) That I do. I'm keen to try out the new audio codecs.

No raise for me. I'd been saving up to buy a new TV for a while, and it was time. The technology seems pretty good these days. Blu-ray players still have a ways to go (in terms of speed and, in my players case, quietness of the mechanism), but they'll get there and the picture sure is nice.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I haven't heard about an issue with "quietness of the mechanism". What are you hearing?
Word. :) That I do. I'm keen to try out the new audio codecs.

No raise for me. I'd been saving up to buy a new TV for a while, and it was time. The technology seems pretty good these days. Blu-ray players still have a ways to go (in terms of speed and, in my players case, quietness of the mechanism), but they'll get there and the picture sure is nice.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't heard about an issue with "quietness of the mechanism". What are you hearing?
The initial disc spinning is quite a bit louder than my DVD player. It's on the same level as a PC optical drive or the cheapo DVD player than I bought a few years ago. It's only initially when the thing is spooling up, though. During a movie, it seems to be fairly quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis