Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Looks good Adam.

If you're looking for suggestions on what to do with that alcove wall behind the TV, may I suggest that you use that space for some acoustic treatment?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Good god it's finally over.:D

Next...

"what blue ray player should I get":)

Congrats Adam. Now if I would get off my butt and...:rolleyes:

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Looks real good Adam, congrats. What dvd player are you using? Can you send a 480i singnal to the display over hdmi?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Looks real good Adam, congrats. What dvd player are you using? Can you send a 480i singnal to the display over hdmi?
Thanks, Scott! I'm using a Panasonic DVD-F85 five-disc changer from the early-2000s timeframe. It doesn't have an HDMI output. Heck, yesterday was the first time that I got a chance to use it's component video output. :) Hmmm, perhaps that should be a :eek:. I tried both 480i and 480p output from the DVD player and couldn't really tell a difference. I wouldn't be surprised if the deinterlacer in the TV is better than that in the DVD player, but they seem to have about the same result.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Congrats Adam!! I'm glad this one made it and all is well. Did you stay up the whole night or did you get any sleep yet?

I agree with Dave. Make a couple of panels for behind each of the mains.

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Looks really good Adam.

Of course you should have gone for a bigger screen, but that is always the case no matter what size you get...

You’ve waited so long to do this upgraded that you have no choice but to be blown away by recent advances.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats on the new addition, looks great and I am very happy to see the before and after pics quite an upgrade which you prolly feel was long overdue. Thanks for sharing the experience with us. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Did you stay up the whole night or did you get any sleep yet?
Well, I slept as much as I usually do. Not enough. :p I actually didn't stay up very late at all. Now, if I had a blu-ray player, maybe I would have. ;)

I agree with Dave. Make a couple of panels for behind each of the mains.
You guys and your voodoo audiophile "science." I'll grab some of those the next time I order some cable risers.

J/K! :D I think that panels would be too thick for that space. Aren't the thinnest ones (at least that people recommend) 2" thick? I'm thinking that my PC13-Ultra works like an acoustic panel behind my right main. I just need to get another one to go behind the left one. :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
looks like plenty of space for another cylinder on the left :D

congrats on the new display!

L

ldgibson76

Junior Audioholic
Hello Adam.

The new Panny looks good! Congratulations! Your patience has paid off and I admire how you handled Amazon and the whole delivery process. The bottom line is that you have the TV and you're happy with your purchase.
Happy viewing and again, congrats!

By the way, I just picked up a NIB Sony BDP-S550 for $249.00! There are some nice deals to had out there if you really look!

Regards.

K

kay9

Junior Audioholic
If it is O.K with Matt, you can have the ATS panels he kindly gave me. I may be able to get away using 2 but you can have the other 2 if needed.

Very sweeet set up. What a journey to finally get some godo resolutions.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If it is O.K with Matt, you can have the ATS panels he kindly gave me. I may be able to get away using 2 but you can have the other 2 if needed.
Wow, thanks! I'll pass on those, but I sure do appreciate such a kind offer. That's very nice of you. I'd rather you enjoy them then have me just store them in a closet...which is what would happen for years. :eek: :D Glaciers move quicker than me most of the time.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Nice, Have you calibrated it yet? What mode are you running it in?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nice, Have you calibrated it yet? What mode are you running it in?
I'll likely calibrate it this morning. I've mostly used the THX mode with the sharpness turned down to zero. I'm still a bit twitchy about burn-in (ahem, "image retention"), but I'll probably calm down once I become more knowledgeable about it.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I'll likely calibrate it this morning. I've mostly used the THX mode with the sharpness turned down to zero. I'm still a bit twitchy about burn-in (ahem, "image retention"), but I'll probably calm down once I become more knowledgeable about it.
What do have to calibrate it with?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What do have to calibrate it with?
I have an Avia DVD that I've never used (or even opened), and I have a Digital Video Essentials DVD. The DVE disc seems completely tailored for CRTs, so I'm going to try the Avia first.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I have an Avia DVD that I've never used (or even opened), and I have a Digital Video Essentials DVD. The DVE disc seems completely tailored for CRTs, so I'm going to try the Avia first.
DVE is more updated than the old Avia disc if that is the one you have. The old Avia is really geared toward CRT, not ever sure if plasmas were even out when that was made.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis