Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
PCs suck. I tried to upgrade my video card on my old Gateway 505GR and it won't boot. I figured the culprit to be a weak OEM power supply, so I put in my older 430w PSU and it didn't have sata drive power supplies nor the 24 pin ATX MB power supply. I then used the other supply to power up the drives and MB, and still didn't work. I'm half tempted to send the video card back, wait until Win7 releases, and buy a new PC with Win7 pre-installed.
I thought about waiting for windows 7 but said what he hell It's not that big of deal. anyway i can always install it later.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I'm just enamored with Win7, and the amount of money I'd have to spend to upgrade my PC to decent specs would put a huge chunk on a new desktop. Your PC does sound pretty sweet though!

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Win 7 beta expires in a few days. I'm pretty sad about that. I guess I need to get to work making sure everything is backed up and I'll go back to XP or the next release of 7. Its not hard work, just work I dont wanna do. I bought a new HD for my desktop in my home office and I need to get that put in as well.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My hot-tub-running neighbor took it upon himself to trim my tree this morning. It must have been hanging about a foot over the property line, about ten feet up. Sure, he's not interested in picking up the hundred or so bean pods that his tree dropped all over my yard - but we better make sure that no tree limb penetrates the invisible plane of the property line. :rolleyes: Oh, I've also seen him picking up bean pods from my tree that were in his yard and throw them into my yard.

I'll say this, though. He's not a jerk about trimming the tree. He's asked me about it, and I've told him it's cool. He just goes and does it, and he doesn't complain about it. I just find it a bit annoying that he doesn't seem to care that his tree makes a mess in my yard. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just might reach 1 post per day status this weekend...
Woohoo! About 25 more today and you're gold, babeee. I'll have a few cold ones waiting for tonight to watch the sprint to the magical number.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks, man! I've got 16. I'm a Facebook playa. :D

I was looking through a FB page for my old high school and saw the first girl that I ever kissed was on there. I gotta say, it actually intimidated me that she has over 500 friends. 500?! How does someone even get that many? I wouldn't be able to keep track.
She's a FB whore. She'll accept anyone who asks her! :eek: Makes you wonder what she was like after you and her broke things off!

-pat

(I've only got 177. I refuse the people who request me because we shared a high school...)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Perhaps you never watched Friends. :)
I never did. I bet Harald did the deed but knows better than to talk about it ever. I'm sure he's old enough to have had that type of behavior cause him some serious trouble. That's probably his only trouble. You know the saying about any port in a storm. Well, it gets pretty cold in Norway when your chicks are hatching. :confused: :D

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
My hot-tub-running neighbor took it upon himself to trim my tree this morning. It must have been hanging about a foot over the property line, about ten feet up. Sure, he's not interested in picking up the hundred or so bean pods that his tree dropped all over my yard - but we better make sure that no tree limb penetrates the invisible plane of the property line. :rolleyes: Oh, I've also seen him picking up bean pods from my tree that were in his yard and throw them into my yard.

I'll say this, though. He's not a jerk about trimming the tree. He's asked me about it, and I've told him it's cool. He just goes and does it, and he doesn't complain about it. I just find it a bit annoying that he doesn't seem to care that his tree makes a mess in my yard. :)
Label the pods from his tree and send them back! Even better, plant a few in his yard while he's gone. :D

-pat

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Gotta go read 80 pages and finish homework. It'll be nice to be done and have one month off of schooling.

-pat

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone know on Vista how to get it to recongize USB devices if it stops? I have a portable drive I can't get it to recongize. Everything else it will get (mouse, keyboard, etc.), just not usb portable driver. This has happened before, but I forget how to fix it and Google isn't helping much. It's a self powered unit, so, usb power isn't the problem. Also tried a smaller one that powers itself off usb, and it doesn't pick that up either...

Gotta go read 80 pages and finish homework. It'll be nice to be done and have one month off of schooling.

-pat
I still remember school. I feel for ya man.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone know on Vista how to get it to recongize USB devices if it stops? I have a portable drive I can't get it to recongize. Everything else it will get (mouse, keyboard, etc.), just not usb portable driver. This has happened before, but I forget how to fix it and Google isn't helping much. It's a self powered unit, so, usb power isn't the problem. Also tried a smaller one that powers itself off usb, and it doesn't pick that up either...
What device is it? PnP devices dont have dedicated drivers in Vista. Normally is is a power problem. Obviously not in your case. Can I assume you've unplugged the device, rebooted and tried again?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My Vista machine will periodically stop recognizing my digital camera. It says to disconnect and reconnect it, but that doesn't work. I restart the computer and it recognizes it again just fine.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just had my annual termite inspection. No activity. Boolya! I had forgotten to send in my payment to renew my warranty, but the company allows a 90-day grace period, and I squeaked in under the wire.

The inspector was really nice, too. I had purchased some over-shoe covers yesterday to protect my carpet, but he had no problem taking his shoes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis