Official Yamaha RX-Z7 Receiver Review Thread

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Thanks.

I had the PS3 hooked up to an Onkyo TX-SR805, and I believe I had selected all the appropriate HDMI audio options on the PS3, such as linear pcm, all the various 5.1 and 7.1 options, etc. I was having no problem with the Onkyo in getting "HDMI through" in their nomenclature, and it was playing through all 5.1 speakers. I wonder if I go in there and unselect any two channel output options, if that will make a difference.

To confirm, though, I should be selecting "straight" on the Z7 to get the "Multichannel PCM" readout on the panel, correct?
No, you don't. You select ALL the various audio formats (from your PS3 audio menu) that the 805 can handle. You just do the same for your Z7.

Your Z7 manual should say what audio mode you should choose for this, normally it should be Multichannel digital LPCM from the HDMI connection.
I'm not sure that you have to select "Straight" on your Z7 for this.
But no DSP or any type of compressed audio mode, for sure.

* And like you said, try to unselect the 2-channel LPCM (from your PS3) to see if it makes a difference, it just might.

Just try several possibilities till you get it, very simple.

Keep in touch and let us know what will do the trick.

Bob

A

Alien

Audiophyte
No, you don't. You select ALL the various audio formats (from your PS3 audio menu) that the 805 can handle. You just do the same for your Z7.

Your Z7 manual should say what audio mode you should choose for this, normally it should be Multichannel digital LPCM from the HDMI connection.
I'm not sure that you have to select "Straight" on your Z7 for this.
But no DSP or any type of compressed audio mode, for sure.

* And like you said, try to unselect the 2-channel LPCM (from your PS3) to see if it makes a difference, it just might.

Just try several possibilities till you get it, very simple.

Keep in touch and let us know what will do the trick.

Bob
I think you also need to check that the PS3 is not seeing the audio properties of the display because that can cause the output to be limited to 2CH. Try a mode other than straignt for the HDMI input & also check that the receiver is not trying to pass the audio through to the display as well as playing it. There are settings in the Z7 HDMI area to control if the audio portion is passed on through the Z7.

Regards
Paul

R

rccon

Audiophyte
I think you also need to check that the PS3 is not seeing the audio properties of the display because that can cause the output to be limited to 2CH. Try a mode other than straignt for the HDMI input & also check that the receiver is not trying to pass the audio through to the display as well as playing it. There are settings in the Z7 HDMI area to control if the audio portion is passed on through the Z7.

Regards
Paul
I was able to get everything working, and the Z7 sounds fabulous. In fact, MUCH better than my previous Onkyo SR805, but obviously it's nowhere near the equal of my dedicated two channel rig. And the picture via HDMI also seems significantly sharper and richer than the 805, but that could be my imagination..

I actually had everything set-up exactly as it should be,both on the Z7 and the PS3. What i had to do, though, was go into the HDMI audio out menu on the PS3 and change some things, save, and then change everything back to the way I had it (go from auto to manual, and then go back to auto again), so that it apparently forced a new hdmi handshake between the units.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Thanks for the proper tip.

I was able to get everything working, and the Z7 sounds fabulous. In fact, MUCH better than my previous Onkyo SR805, but obviously it's nowhere near the equal of my dedicated two channel rig. And the picture via HDMI also seems significantly sharper and richer than the 805, but that could be my imagination..

I actually had everything set-up exactly as it should be,both on the Z7 and the PS3. What i had to do, though, was go into the HDMI audio out menu on the PS3 and change some things, save, and then change everything back to the way I had it (go from auto to manual, and then go back to auto again), so that it apparently forced a new hdmi handshake between the units.
This is great news rccon. Thank you for sharing the solution to your problem with us, so we can refer the information for future reoccurance with another member of our community.

Bob

E

eeadams33

Audiophyte
RX-Z7, Toshiba HD-A2 and Dolby TrueHD

Hello All,

This is my first post on this forum, so please be gentle...

I just replaced my RX-V4600 with an RX-Z7 (great deal from 6ave.com) a couple days ago. I have gone through all the basic setting up (having the V4600, I am somewhat familiar with the GUI) and fired it up... All is good...

The thing is, is that when I play an HD DVD (and I've tried quite a few) and choose the Dolby TRUEHD audio source (via HDMI), the TRUEHD indicator light on the Z7 does not light up. I can hear the the sound source has changed, but I'm not sure if all is working properly. If I manually choose the SPDIF (backup sound) cable for the audio source, the DTS indicator light turns on and off with the sound track change.

When I had my V4600 hooked up and performed this same operation, the front panel would change to MPCM, so I believe the DVD player is fine.

Am I being overly cautious and picky, or does it sound like I'm either doing something wrong, or have a defective unit :(

I know that this is the same DVD player that Gene used in his review, and have seen a number of you folks have it listed as part of your HT.

Advice as to what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Ed

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Welcome Ed.

^ Hi Ed, and a big Welcome to Audioholics Forums.

Your Toshiba HD DVD player HD-A2 will pass the Dolby TrueHD audio signal to your Yamaha RX-Z7 as a "Multichannel PCM" high resolution audio (same as in your previous RX-V4600). It's the HD-A2 that does that. You still benefit of the full high resolution audio soundtrack from Dolby TrueHD.

So, you won't see the Dolby TrueHD logo light up in the front panel display of your RX-Z7.

Everything is perfectly fine, you're absolutely good and in good hands (ears). :)

Hope this helps, and best regards,

Bob

E

eeadams33

Audiophyte
Bob,

Thanks for the welcome and info....

After reading my manuals over, it seems that the player does have support for TRUEHD, but actual "native" TRUEHD sound isn't streamed from this player....

Here are my choices (from the manual) on audio output for the A2:

Digital Out SPDIF

Bitstream
When you play a disc recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS format,
digital audio signal (bitstream audio) is output. When you play a
disc recorded in Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD,
the sound is converted to a DTS bitstream.

Which is what happens (I see the dts indicator light come on)...

Digital out HDMI

Auto
When you play a disc recorded in Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby
TrueHD or DTS-HD, PCM is output (core only for DTS-HD).

PCM
When you play an HD DVD or DVD video disc recorded in multi
channel in Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS
or DTS-HD format, the sound is decoded and output in multi
channel in linear PCM format.

This also seems to be the case as the PCM block is lit and in "Straight" mode the display says PCM.

So, which audio output would you suggest that I use to get the most out of what I've got??

Ed

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Proper settings for you, Ed.

You know what Ed, you are absolutely right.

I also own the Tosh HD-A2, but it's been packed in it's box for so long now, that I did not remember this at all, but you're right, the HD-A2 doesn't decode at all the new Dolby TrueHD audio codec (or does it now) in it's native form, even less the DTS-HD MA.
And it will downconvert the Dolby TrueHD to DTS 1.5kbps, from it's digital optical output, which is still better than the normal DTS at 750kbps, only if your receiver does not have any HDMI at all.

>>> But it will output Multichannel PCM from the Dolby TrueHD soundtrack through it's HDMI output, which is still the full high resolution audio, like I just said on my prior post. The HD-A2 does support Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD. It does have the internal decoder for these two formats from Dolby Digital, and output them in their original form (sorry for my little contradiction here). * Now, I'm sure, I just check my box.

Ok, here what you set your HD-A2 at:

* Digital Out SPDF = BITSTREAM (This is only for the Digital Optical Out, set it there, irrelevant if you use that connection or not).

* Digital Out HDMI = AUTO (That should take care of all audio codecs).

P.S. Don't forget to select the Dolby TrueHD soundtrack from the HD DVD disc audio menu. And your RX-Z7 should indicate "Mutich. PCM" in it's front panel display, or, no, it should display Dolby TrueHD. * Yeah, it should display Dolby TrueHD now.
Just make sure your RX-Z7 audio setups are properly adjusted.

Ed, also, from page 53 of your HD-A2 owner's manual, set the "Dynamic Range" to OFF. And set the "Dialog Enhancement" to OFF also.

Page 52 of your HD-A2 manual, set the "TV Shape" to 16:9, duh.
Set the "Enhancement Black Level" to OFF.
Set the "Picture Mode" to AUTO.

>>> For further information, read the NOTES from page 21 of your HD-A2 manual.

>>> And another good thing to make sure is the latest firmware version for your HD-A2, which is version 4.0 (released september 22, 2008). That's where my HD-A2 is at, and it is the most compatible version with the greatest number of HD DVD discs (I own over 250 titles on HD DVD).

OK Ed, try this, and let me know how fantastic the results will be (I am very confident on that).

Any other question that you might have, just ask me. About anything. :)
But, do keep in touch to share your happyness with us, this is our only food. ;)

Best regards,

Bob

Last edited:
E

eeadams33

Audiophyte
You know what Ed, you are absolutely right......

>>> But it will output Multichannel PCM from the Dolby TrueHD soundtrack through it's HDMI output, which is still the full high resolution audio, like I just said on my prior post. The HD-A2 does support Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD. It does have the internal decoder for these two formats from Dolby Digital, and output them in their original form (sorry for my little contradiction here). * Now, I'm sure, I just check my box.

Ok, here what you set your HD-A2 at:

* Digital Out SPDF = BITSTREAM (This is only for the Digital Optical Out, set it there, irrelevant if you use that connection or not).

* Digital Out HDMI = AUTO (That should take care of all audio codecs).

P.S. Don't forget to select the Dolby TrueHD soundtrack from the HD DVD disc audio menu. And your RX-Z7 should indicate "Mutich. PCM" in it's front panel display, or, no, it should display Dolby TrueHD. * Yeah, it should display Dolby TrueHD now.
Just make sure your RX-Z7 audio setups are properly adjusted.......

Best regards,

Bob
Bob,

All settings that you have suggested on the A2 were already in place...

Latest Firmware installed a while ago (ran maintenance just to make sure)....

Not much on the Z-7 to adjust (well, there's tons to adjust, but nothing that should affect what I'm trying to do...) as far as the HDMI audio is concerned

I'm setup for 5.1.

TRUEHD soundtrack selected..... "PCM" (in Straight Mode) displayed on the front panel display, no "Multi" to be found.. no "Dolby TRUEHD" indicator light lit...

I actually have 2 of the HD-A2 players and have tried both.. I also have tried a couple different HDMI cables (I'm a Systems Engineer, so I've got some trouble-shooting chops).

My neighbor has a BD player. I was thinking of borrowing it to see what kind of response I get using BD dvds (I picked up a bunch using the red2blu.com swap)....

One of the factors that prompted me to move from the V4600 to the Z7 was the 4600 HDMI is v1.1 and does not fully support HD sound (as I said in my original post, the V4600 showed MPCM on the front panel when I selected the TRUEHD soundtrack)

It may be that everything is perfectly fine. The picture and sound are great... I just don't know... And seeing that the Z-7 is only 2 days old, I just need to confirm that all is well.

Ed

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Ok Ed, your RX-Z7 shows "PCM", but is it playing in just your two front speakers or is it playing in ALL YOUR SPEAKERS.

* For a different twist, just try the setting at "PCM" from the Digital Out HDMI, of your HD-A2 audio menu setup. Just curious. This new twist could be a winner.

** Another important thing with your RX-Z7 is concerning the Straight audio mode. Disable it. And reenable it. Check the various HDMI audio setups from the Z7.

Check it out, let me know, I got more tricks for you, if it's still doesn't work.

Talk you soon,

Bob

Note: Ed, did you read post #582 from Paul in Australia, and also post #583 from rccon? They were just above your original post. Something to do with the Straight mode of the Z7 and a HDMI handshake to be forced again by changing and saving the new audio setting.
I think that you're getting close now.

Last edited:
EvanescoZ7

EvanescoZ7

Audioholic Intern
Hi there!

Hope you all are enjoying your Z7! I certainly do!

I got me self a pair of high end speakers. The Dali Mentor 6. They are really nice, and a huge upgrade on sound quality. It's my first entry into high end.

I now have the chance to get a Power Amplifier from ROTEL, would the ROTEL RB 1572 power amp, be a nice match with my DALI speakers and the Z7? Or do I have more than enough power with Z7?

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I'll say so.

Hi there!

Hope you all are enjoying your Z7! I certainly do!

I got me self a pair of high end speakers. The Dali Mentor 6. They are really nice, and a huge upgrade on sound quality. It's my first entry into high end.

I now have the chance to get a Power Amplifier from ROTEL, would the ROTEL RB 1572 power amp, be a nice match with my DALI speakers and the Z7? Or do I have more than enough power with Z7?
Best way to find out is just try it.

If it does the trick, just keep it. If not, just return it. :)

My guess is YES, it will make a difference for the best. :)
* Check this out: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1109794

* By the way, Congratulations on those Dali Mentor 6. These are very nice indeed with great reviews. Plenty of bass too.

Bob

Last edited:
T

tommysss

Audiophyte
Comcast DVR Issues

Has anyone have a problem with comcast dvr and upscaling 1080i to 1080p using the RX-Z7? I get line on the left there is an section in which the the left side is skew a bit vertically the dvr is set also RGB out.

I have it feeding a Sony KDL-XBR4
My RX-Z7 is upgraded to 1.07

I have set it to pass through for now

J

jerrymcdon

Audiophyte
Yamaha ZX-R7 vs. Denon AVR-4310

Need some serious guidance, here, folks. I have 15 days left to return *one* of these units to the store.

Some quick background .... I am upgrading my audio for the first time in 30 years, since something came along where I finally decided I can now afford the extravagance. I have an old Sony receiver that was top of the line at the time, and it has been chugging along just fine all these years. At the moment, I know next to nothing about home theater, HDMI, passing through 1080p, etc., and it is not yet on my radar since it will take me quite a bit of learning and research to get up to speed regarding video aspects of things.

I *do* know about critically listening to music on CD's, though.

My first extravagant purchase was the Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones ($1400). You will now have to kill me to take these away from me, they are absolutely gorgeous.

I have no current high-end speakers yet to listen to, so I'm at the moment focused on listening through these Sennheisers. And determining which of these two receivers to keep. Hopefully, evaluation by these headphones can make my decision obvious, by extrapolating to speakers what I found in headphones.

I at the same time I got the Sennheisers I also bought the brand new Denon AVR-4310 receiver, since it had just hit the store a couple weeks ago and is their latest and greatest. Took it home, plugged my Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S360 player (which sucks, by the way, the Denon DVD-1800BD is *way* better) into it via an HDMI cable, and was transported by the clearest, most spacious sound I've heard, ever.

So, feeling juiced from the new experience, I went to an even higher-end audio store here in town. This store had the Yamaha RX-Z7 receiver, which the salesman told me was the best in the store. Bought it too, took it home, thinking I could take back the Denon AVR-4310 if this in fact turned out better.

Plugged the same Sony Blu-Ray player into the Yamaha, same HDMI, same Sennheisers, same CD's. I expected to be pleasantly surprised since the Yamaha was about $600 more.

I was surprised all right, and not pleasantly so.

No comparison at all. The sound from the Denon that has so thrilled me a few days earlier was just *NOT* there on the Yamaha. Not even close. To describe the difference:

The Denon gave a hugely spacious soundstage, up and down and in and out and left to right. The music physically expanded to the entire size of these rather large headphones, and harmonics and spatials flowed through and all around the space around my head.

The Yamaha, on the other hand, presented it as squeezed, centrally-focused, one comparative 'blob' smack in the center of my head. In desperation, I tried to see if I had inadvertantly hit a "mono" switch somewhere, it was that much of a joke in comparison.

The Denon's ambience, acoustic reflections and 3D atmospherics were phenomenal and delightful. On the Yamaha, in comparison, they are almost non-existent.

The Denon's audio resolution was so sharp that the colors of the music were virtually too evident to ignore. Timbre, shimmer of cymbals, even the plucking of guitar strings were delivered with crystal clarity.

On the Yamaha, I had to strain to remember those audio layers were there.

The phenomenal delineation of instrument placement and spatial location that the Denon presented was seriously downgraded when listening to the Yamaha. The soundstage was comparatively compressed, if not strained.

Absolutely no emotion at all to the Yamaha's rendering of the music that had so wonderfully captivated me on the Denon.

The Denon presentation of the music is absolutely effortless, open and natural. In comparison, the Yamaha sounds like a second- or third-generation analog copy.

In short, **in comparison** to the Denon, the Yamaha has no color, no depth, no width, no ambience, no clarity. Had I just heard the Yamaha in isolation, without the comparison to the Denon available, I suppose I would have been perfectly happy with it, but this difference is absurd.

Any clues, anybody? Am I doing something wrong with the settings on the Yamaha? Or am I cheating by boosting something on the Denon (like via hidden equalization somewhere?)

I'm just trying to plug in some freaking headphones into a receiver and listen to CD's. It will take me months to wade through these 150-page each manuals and figure out all 1,766 connectors on the back of each. I just wanna listen to some awesome music and figure out which of these receivers to keep and to invest the time in mastering.

My initial experience does just not jive with the rave reviews of the Yamaha RX-Z7, particularly Gene's thorough evaluation. Although I notice, the available reviews tend to be speaker-based, and is thus a bit harder to judge, in my experience.

Or did Denon just leapfrog everybody with the additional 8 months of technological progress, to produce a receiver that is just not to be believed??

Informed input and guidance will be *seriously* appreciated!

Jerry

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need some serious guidance, here, folks. I have 15 days left to return *one* of these units to the store.

Some quick background .... I am upgrading my audio for the first time in 30 years, since something came along where I finally decided I can now afford the extravagance. I have an old Sony receiver that was top of the line at the time, and it has been chugging along just fine all these years. At the moment, I know next to nothing about home theater, HDMI, passing through 1080p, etc., and it is not yet on my radar since it will take me quite a bit of learning and research to get up to speed regarding video aspects of things.

I *do* know about critically listening to music on CD's, though.

My first extravagant purchase was the Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones ($1400). You will now have to kill me to take these away from me, they are absolutely gorgeous.

I have no current high-end speakers yet to listen to, so I'm at the moment focused on listening through these Sennheisers. And determining which of these two receivers to keep. Hopefully, evaluation by these headphones can make my decision obvious, by extrapolating to speakers what I found in headphones.

I at the same time I got the Sennheisers I also bought the brand new Denon AVR-4310 receiver, since it had just hit the store a couple weeks ago and is their latest and greatest. Took it home, plugged my Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S360 player (which sucks, by the way, the Denon DVD-1800BD is *way* better) into it via an HDMI cable, and was transported by the clearest, most spacious sound I've heard, ever.

So, feeling juiced from the new experience, I went to an even higher-end audio store here in town. This store had the Yamaha RX-Z7 receiver, which the salesman told me was the best in the store. Bought it too, took it home, thinking I could take back the Denon AVR-4310 if this in fact turned out better.

Plugged the same Sony Blu-Ray player into the Yamaha, same HDMI, same Sennheisers, same CD's. I expected to be pleasantly surprised since the Yamaha was about $600 more.

I was surprised all right, and not pleasantly so.

No comparison at all. The sound from the Denon that has so thrilled me a few days earlier was just *NOT* there on the Yamaha. Not even close. To describe the difference:

The Denon gave a hugely spacious soundstage, up and down and in and out and left to right. The music physically expanded to the entire size of these rather large headphones, and harmonics and spatials flowed through and all around the space around my head.

The Yamaha, on the other hand, presented it as squeezed, centrally-focused, one comparative 'blob' smack in the center of my head. In desperation, I tried to see if I had inadvertantly hit a "mono" switch somewhere, it was that much of a joke in comparison.

The Denon's ambience, acoustic reflections and 3D atmospherics were phenomenal and delightful. On the Yamaha, in comparison, they are almost non-existent.

The Denon's audio resolution was so sharp that the colors of the music were virtually too evident to ignore. Timbre, shimmer of cymbals, even the plucking of guitar strings were delivered with crystal clarity.

On the Yamaha, I had to strain to remember those audio layers were there.

The phenomenal delineation of instrument placement and spatial location that the Denon presented was seriously downgraded when listening to the Yamaha. The soundstage was comparatively compressed, if not strained.

Absolutely no emotion at all to the Yamaha's rendering of the music that had so wonderfully captivated me on the Denon.

The Denon presentation of the music is absolutely effortless, open and natural. In comparison, the Yamaha sounds like a second- or third-generation analog copy.

In short, **in comparison** to the Denon, the Yamaha has no color, no depth, no width, no ambience, no clarity. Had I just heard the Yamaha in isolation, without the comparison to the Denon available, I suppose I would have been perfectly happy with it, but this difference is absurd.

Any clues, anybody? Am I doing something wrong with the settings on the Yamaha? Or am I cheating by boosting something on the Denon (like via hidden equalization somewhere?)

I'm just trying to plug in some freaking headphones into a receiver and listen to CD's. It will take me months to wade through these 150-page each manuals and figure out all 1,766 connectors on the back of each. I just wanna listen to some awesome music and figure out which of these receivers to keep and to invest the time in mastering.

My initial experience does just not jive with the rave reviews of the Yamaha RX-Z7, particularly Gene's thorough evaluation. Although I notice, the available reviews tend to be speaker-based, and is thus a bit harder to judge, in my experience.

Or did Denon just leapfrog everybody with the additional 8 months of technological progress, to produce a receiver that is just not to be believed??

Informed input and guidance will be *seriously* appreciated!
I realize I often have a short attention span for reading long posts but if I read this correctly, you are comparing multi channel receivers with a pair of headphones? This is a new concept to me :confused:

J

jerrymcdon

Audiophyte
Yamaha ZX-R7 vs. Denon AVR-4310

I realize I often have a short attention span for reading long posts but if I read this correctly, you are comparing multi channel receivers with a pair of headphones? This is a new concept to me​

Yes. Why would this be considered weird? Isn't a high-end multi-channel receiver a perfect choice as a single primary device people would use these days for both their home theater DVD movie watching, and, also when they just want to listen to some music? Whether through headphones or a nice set of speakers?

So isn't it a valid question to try to find out which receiver sounds better under said headphones?

Or did I break some home video law by using headphones on a multi-channel receiver? Cripes, I hope nobody reports me to the Home Video Police! Honest, I was set up by those tricky receivers having that headphone jack, right there in the front under the flip-down panel, just taunting me, tempting me to use it! I couldn't resist , I have no self-control when it comes to stuff like that.:rolleyes:

Gosh, if I'm a pioneer in this application configuration, let me tell everybody that yep, it works just great!!:p You can listen to true audiophile quality music on the Denon and a pair of phones when you want to relax in privacy after getting home from work, and then when you want to watch a movie with the wife and kids, why, you can use the very same device!

I'm at a loss to understand why my approach is apparently not kosher. My purpose was to find which receiver was capable of reproducing better, more enjoyable quality audio for when I finally do decide on which 7.1 speaker system to buy. I thought to use high-end headphones for the purposes of that evaluation, since headphones tend to mercilessly expose every detail in the music, for better or worse. Maybe my basic assumption was wrong, that a receiver that could produce better quality audio output from its headphone jack might be a good guide to the quality of the audio it's outputting from its gazillion speaker terminals??

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Choose the one you wish.

Hi Jerry, and Welcome to the club.

A headphone amp has it's own circuitry, independent of the internal circuitry from the speaker's outputs.

Each receiver implement that headphone amp differently, so you cannot use this as your basis for judging sound quality from the speaker's outputs build on a complete different circuitry design.

If I was you, I'll listen through my speakers and not through the headphones output.

And between the RX-Z7 and the AVR-4310ci, I'll pick the one that looks best in my system, sounds best to my set of ears (from the speakers), has all the features that I can use, has the best sounding Automatic Room EQ system, has the sufficiant power to drive my loudspeakers, and not least, has the best overall performance, build, ergonomics, value and "feel right in my system" of the two.

And instead of limiting yourself to the room between your two ears (about 7 inches, more or less, depending of the size of your head), it will greatly help to know the speakers you are actually using or intend to use, and the size of your room (and not your head).

* If I was you, I'll return both receivers to their store, and start brand new and fresh from the beginning, so you don't loose a cent and you gain the benefit of taking your time for gathering information, and also the benefit to go to these two respective stores with your favorites CDs and listen to them in their private rooms (if they do have so; a good high-end audio store should).
After 30 years, the least that you can do is take your time, and not rush it, as it will impart your final judgement in the most negative way.

Cheers,

Bob

P.S. Jerry, please don't take this in the negative way, but you can certainly use your head better than the way you are doing it right now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis