UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Wow, this FIA vs FOTA is gettign heated. Williams lodged an entry for the 2010 season, then the FOTA suspends them!

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I was just thinking, the season is 1/3 complete, but it seems pretty boring so far, don't u think?

majorloser

majorloser

I was just thinking, the season is 1/3 complete, but it seems pretty boring so far, don't u think?
Yeah, but I don't have much hope for next year either. This whole FIA vs. FOTA is not doing anybody any good. They will both lose badly.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
So, not much news from Turkey so far. Rosberg again tops the timesheets for practice, yawn. That's becoming a joke now.

If there is a breakaway series, what would u guys watch. The new or the old? Everytime I watch this video, I still get excited. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu9T9B1Rg00 That's real racing, not the boring train we see now.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Good for the FOTA. The hell with FIA.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090619083747.shtml

“These teams therefore have no alternative other than to commence the preparation for a new Championship which reflects the values of its participants and partners. This series will have transparent governance, one set of regulations, encourage more entrants and listen to the wishes of the fans, including offering lower prices for spectators worldwide, partners and other important stakeholders.

“The major drivers, stars, brands, sponsors, promoters and companies historically associated with the highest level of motorsport will all feature in this new series.”

annunaki

annunaki

I for one hope they offer at least two races in the US if this series indeed takes place!

I hope this is not the end of top tier open wheel motor racing though. Look at Champ Car vs. IRL. Though it was in the US where Formula/Open Wheel has never been hugely popular like it has overseas.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I for one hope they offer at least two races in the US if this series indeed takes place!

I hope this is not the end of top tier open wheel motor racing though. Look at Champ Car vs. IRL. Though it was in the US where Formula/Open Wheel has never been hugely popular like it has overseas.
If this does happen I agree with more of a presence in the whole western hemisphere. US, Canada, Central America (Mexico???) and South America (Brazil & ???). It would be tough though. How many races can thy do a year. The drivers didn't like it when F1 expanded their schedule.

As far as comparing it to Champ Car & IRL. They split a series that was not all that popular to begin with like you said. If they do this correctly this could be the best thing to ever happen to open wheel racing.

They need to come up with a car spec. that works on existing tracks. To me that means smaller cars (if possible because of safety) with less down force. That will give them the room and the ability to overtake.

Oh, and can we bring up giving points to all finishing positions again.:)

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yup, the FIA killed F1. I fall asleep during most races, except at the start or when it's raining. Changes changes changes, yet nothing changes, still like watching a train go round and round.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Sweet, Vettel pole again, Button has some work to do. Let's see if it's exciting this time.

majorloser

majorloser

I hate to see Silverstone going away. It may not be the best track for the sport, but it has one hell of lot of history behind it.

I hope the race tomorrow is at least entertaining. :(

annunaki

annunaki

Vettel & RedBull have definitely found some gains, to the tune of about 1.0 sec. per lap (race pace)!!!! There were a lot of changes on the car for this weekend. I can't wait to see them in detail. If this holds up, we may have a championship match up yet!!

Vettel looked really impressive this weekend. He had the heaviest car of the top 10 an put it on the pole by a decent margin.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Anyone notice that none of the new teams selected for next year have ties to car companies. Those that did, Prodrive and Lola, and coincidentally the two with most racing credentials and were planning to use customer engines, were excluded.

majorloser

majorloser

On Another Note...

Michael Schumacher is the Stig??? :confused:

I doubt it's real, but Top Gear did test a black Ferrari FXX. Considering there was only one black FFX made without stripes and it was a gift to MS at his retirement. And all FFX'z are maintained and kept under the care of the Ferrari factory. Who else would be driving that car? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
annunaki

annunaki

Yeah, I am quite sure he is not really the Stig. I think it is fairly well known that there are quite few drivers who have been "the Stig".

It would make sense though for how quick he is. Especially in the "reasonably priced car".

This weekend will be nice to see some F1 again. All this Nascrap on TV is making me insane, endless circles...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I saw this in the news a little over a week ago. I think it's all publicity stunt. Like annunaki said. Schumacher's car so he's in it. I cant imagine that the car companies don't send their own test drivers with the cars to maximize familiarity/performance.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
No matter what. It is amazing that he took 7 seconds off the best lap time. That is one sick car. Leave it to Ferrari to sell you a car for 7 figures you cannot take home.:rolleyes:

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, there have been a couple of drivers that played the stig. MS was just a one off. He's still got it though, I believe he could make a legitimate comeback in F1, I actually wish he would. I think the FXX had slicks on, whereas the all previous cars didn't, so that time should have an * beside it.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis