Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just imagine if you could use your rep points like frequent flyer miles and buy stuff from the AHstore!
That would be cool! Could we go negative, just like using credit? I could snag a high-end Denon, but then I'd be at the top of the negative rep list. :D

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
How do you figure your "rep" power? I've been trying to locate something regarding it to no avail.

-pat

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Basically. Positive or negative.
Okay. This will get you close. There's a part of it that I'm missing, but this is close. I used to know this better, but it's been a while since I've tried to calculate it precisely.

What you give out positive-wise is just about equal to:
(Your total rep points / 50) + (Your number of posts / 1000) + (Your total number of thanked posts / 300)

That last one might be 250, I forget. I think that there might be a subtraction for the number of thanks that someone has given out. I never did nail it down precisely, and I think there's some rounding involved.

I also believe that the number of negative points that you give out is one half of the number of positive points that you'd give out.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I'm off to bed. Played with the little one. Did some homework. Watched a little Bachelorette because the wifey wanted to during dinner and did some yard work. Woo-hoo! Another day in paradise!

-pat

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Okay. This will get you close. There's a part of it that I'm missing, but this is close. I used to know this better, but it's been a while since I've tried to calculate it precisely.

What you give out positive-wise is just about equal to:
(Your total rep points / 50) + (Your number of posts / 1000) + (Your total number of thanked posts / 300)

That last one might be 250, I forget. I think that there might be a subtraction for the number of thanks that someone has given out. I never did nail it down precisely, and I think there's some rounding involved.

I also believe that the number of negative points that you give out is one half of the number of positive points that you'd give out.
So, basically...

Substitute the word "Repuation Power" for "Area"

-pat

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
If tomorrow never comes, and two wrongs don't make a right... then the end of the world will never happen. But everything has an end... except for pi... so we are pi.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
I don't even know what those symbols mean. I assume that's math of some kind.:confused:

http://www.ufodigest.com/news/1106/aliensymbols.html

Do you really think Adam uses simple-minded human math?! A terrestrial being such as himself would prefer something not a single human could decipher.

Except, if I'm not mistaken (Like Dory, I may be using the wrong dialect)... the third symbol there means that he needs to wrastle his monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis