Pictures of your HT with traps

Woogie526

Woogie526

Enthusiast
Looking for pictures of your HT with traps. Looking for some ideas on how to dress them as i begin to design the space.

Thanks all.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Here's mine. They could use a little work on the details but I built them myself. This is just about the only design I could fit into my small room.
Forgive the awful photography.:eek:

KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
Ooooohhh...I'm loving this thread already - keep them coming!

C

chas_w

Full Audioholic
Chas - what do you have in the corners there? Are those curtains - bass traps behind them or what? Curious and it looks great!
Thanks. It's actually stacked wedges of fiberglass covered with a "grill" made of a wooden frame wrapped in black speaker cloth. Here's a pic that shows the stack. One of the uncovered grill frames is standing next to it.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Here are some of mine. I gave them all away though.

KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
Thanks. It's actually stacked wedges of fiberglass covered with a "grill" made of a wooden frame wrapped in black speaker cloth. Here's a pic that shows the stack. One of the uncovered grill frames is standing next to it.
That is crazy cool!!! I'm assuming it made a pretty dramatic impact on the acoustics of the room?

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
That's exactly what's inside my traps too. The only difference is that I used backing board to build a frame and wrapped the cloth around the front. They are self standing units. That way, they can be moved or removed easily.

B

biz97

Junior Audioholic
Not Exactly an HT...

But I listen to music out here when I wanna relax. These are some older pics.. room and system have gone through a bit of change:

B

biz97

Junior Audioholic
Thanks guys :) I'll try to post some updated shots of my "reworked" system when it is all set in case anyone is interested...

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
But I listen to music out here when I wanna relax. These are some older pics.. room and system have gone through a bit of change:
Hey biz97. :D When I tried to talk you into posting your pics, I didn't know you were an Audioholic! :D

I particularly enjoy the last shot with the tritraps at floor. :cool:

B

biz97

Junior Audioholic
Hey biz97. :D When I tried to talk you into posting your pics, I didn't know you were an Audioholic! :D

I particularly enjoy the last shot with the tritraps at floor. :cool:
Hey Jostenmeat :) Yep I'm on here daily but I do a lot more reading than posting :D Thanks for the feedback!

B

biz97

Junior Audioholic
We're interested. I like the first pic with those strange letter holder looking things.
I like your Elites Alex! :)

The Diffusors are from GIK (as are the panels and traps):

http://www.gikacoustics.com/gik_d1_diffusor.html

The guys at GIK are great to deal with. My wife and I are very happy with the results both sonically and visually. They have a lot of fabric and wood options that you can build on. Can't wait to see what I can do with a different space LOL. Now we are just trying to rework the music system to try some different things.

Last edited:
P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
What are you guys using to make the frame on those acoustic panels?
Also is there a piece in the back?

I was thinking of using a molding of some kind for the frame with some bracing behind, then cover with a fabric of some kind.

thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis