Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Check wishlist with the new upcoming XMC-1 Emotiva that comes, it's just the processor, but has a feature list very very long
Nah, I'll pass. I'm never buying anything from them again. Thanks for the suggestion, though (sincerely).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Adam, you are the master of image editing!

The cable on the left speaker side is not straight and its really bothering me.....:D
I will try to make sure that it's even more obvious when I take pictures of my new set up. :D

EDIT: Currently tied for second, but still in the number three slot.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm now number two.

[I'm chuckling in advance at all the potential comments about that from this crowd. :D]

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Harald, did you realize that over half of your posts are in this thread? :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think that it's time for a break. See you all in a little while.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Just do an advanced search for that brand name using my name as the poster. You should find out pretty quick.
hmmmmmm... if it was a goof company they should do everything they can to avoid unhappy customers.... one unhappy customer is one to many.... not good :mad:

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Adam, you are the master of image editing!
I cut and paste... one of these days I'll get to work with photoshop and come up with something.. I do it a lot for work so this is just for fun. Given the right subject matter, i may put out the effort. I cant wait to see your CRT on your new stand! :D

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm sure thinking about it. I don't really need one until I move to blu-ray because I don't have any sources with HDMI audio. I like the Denon 3808, but it's two years old now. I'm wondering if it's wise to buy one that old, given the advances in technology.
Just so you know, I have been keeping up on things a bit with the 3808 and its successor just because. There haven't been that many advances in technology.

The differences between the 3808 (with the feature package upgrade) and the brand new 4310 as far as I can tell is improved upscaling from Anchor Bay, one extra HDMI out (for two monitors I guess), 2 extra HDMI ins (up from 4, which I have found to be plenty even with Xbox, Blu-Ray, HD DVD, HTPC, but I don't do the TV thing in the theater...), and this seemingly useless PLIIz (and its Audessey companion).

The only thing that would matter to me if I were debating it would be the upscaler. Chances are the upscaler won't matter too much because most other stuff have a decent upscalers (blu-ray, maybe TV - what are you getting?) anyway. You wouldn't know the difference anyway because you have been using a CRT for so long ;). Those other extras are just fluff IMO.

Well I will say at the very least, the other stuff wouldn't be worth the extra $1000-$1100 to me. Just sayin...

:D

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Strube! Maybe I'll contact Denon and see if that rebate is still valid, or if they'll just supply the update for free. Your dad sure got a great deal. I wish that I would have been in the zone back then, but I wasn't really even thinking about blu-ray or a new receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis