Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Anybody here on Linkedin..? I need more connections and recommendations..

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
my head hurts...
Geese, guys. Just look at the pretty picture. It's so blue and glowy. You don't need to read about it.

Short version...it makes things go faster underwater.

Russians have had it since (at least) the 70s. Rumor (or maybe real news nowadays) is that an accident during a test firing of their second generation supercavitating torpedo is what caused the sinking of the Kursk.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep, that's the article that had the above photo in it. There's other stuff on that topic if that was too boring for you. I find that stuff fascinating.
It is fascinating zzzzz :D
No really it is. I just have no focus at all.
They're boiling water at below freezing temperatures underwater, right? :eek:
Brutal, I know. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe I need to read more about it, but I don't think that's how they are implementing the phenomenon. I thought that they just inject air in front of the torpedo so that the torpedo is moving through an air bubble instead of through water. Hence, lower drag - so a faster weapon given the same amount of thrust.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Laptop battery at 3%. I'm going down.

(Alex, if you can't use that quote, then I'll lose all respect for you. :))

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I thought the article was cool. It'll be even better when it shows up on the Science Channel!

-pat

J

jamie2112

Banned
Geese, guys. Just look at the pretty picture. It's so blue and glowy. You don't need to read about it.

Short version...it makes things go faster underwater.

Russians have had it since (at least) the 70s. Rumor (or maybe real news nowadays) is that an accident during a test firing of their second generation supercavitating torpedo is what caused the sinking of the Kursk.
Ok, you are gettin punchy buddy time for sleepy soon............:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Maybe I need to read more about it, but I don't think that's how they are implementing the phenomenon. I thought that they just inject air in front of the torpedo so that the torpedo is moving through an air bubble instead of through water. Hence, lower drag - so a faster weapon given the same amount of thrust.
Does the term 'intentionally obtuse' mean anything to you? I was being an idiot.
I certainly didn't mean to waste your good will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis