DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Well I was very interested as I read this thread about the AV123/MLS saga... but now people are just complaining about this site!

Back to the original story, what's going on?

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
But then we'd have to hear all that SVS vs. HSU subwoofer madness again. :mad:

(still better than the Def Tec fanboys) :p
Well, when you see a thread titled as this one is it would be hard to imagine the most ardent supporters of that company not showing up to defend the castle. This thread is actually quite a bit more tame than I expected it would be. If avsforum would allow the same posting it would be an utter bloodbath.

M

mannoiaj

Junior Audioholic
Well, when you see a thread titled as this one is it would be hard to imagine the most ardent supporters of that company not showing up to defend the castle. This thread is actually quite a bit more tame than I expected it would be. If avsforum would allow the same posting it would be an utter bloodbath.
Yah... it would be and rightfully so. ZERO communication from a company that OWES communication to its customers. It actually owes more than communication, like actual working products and refunds etc... but communication would suffice for most people ATM. Tough to defend the castle for AV123 fanboys right now. Its tough to read these sporatic nonsense "updates" from AV123's leader that seem more like sales pitches than an attempt at communication. I suppose if they can get those beautiful rosewood MFW-15's with reliable amps ready, people will buy them.... and thats what the company is banking on since it stopped caring about its customers. Like master P says, Mo money Mo problems ;;

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
There is a lot of history between Monster Mini Golf and AH. A quick google search would show that. I really like that ad quite frankly and I see it as a reminder of how great the audioholics community is.
I am/was aware of the Audioholics support of MMG and I know how to use The Google.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yah... it would be and rightfully so. ZERO communication from a company that OWES communication to its customers. It actually owes more than communication, like actual working products and refunds etc... but communication would suffice for most people ATM. Tough to defend the castle for AV123 fanboys right now. Its tough to read these sporatic nonsense "updates" from AV123's leader that seem more like sales pitches than an attempt at communication. I suppose if they can get those beautiful rosewood MFW-15's with reliable amps ready, people will buy them.... and thats what the company is banking on since it stopped caring about its customers. Like master P says, Mo money Mo problems ;;
I see what you mean. I received this email from them today:

The Rocket 850 Stands Up and Gets Heard...
Best Deal We've Ever Had
Weekly Insider Specials 04/15/2009

FROM ANY ANGLE – ANY PERSPECTIVE

The Rocket RS850 STILL rules the roost… Now is the time to see and hear them for yourself…

$899 per pair – and delivered to the Yellow Terminal of YOUR CHOICE for $149

Yes – we finally have some inventory of our Number One Loudspeaker – the Incredible Rocket RS850. This is the speaker that everyone talks about. This is the speaker that you can build your system around – and this is the speaker that shows what av123 can do at under $2000 per pair.

Only now – you can start or upgrade your system with the RS850 at $899 dollars. A Great Deal on a wonderful loudspeaker that defines the essence of what we’re all about.

Flawless Fit and Finish

Timeless Design

A Sonic Signature You Can Enjoy For A Lifetime

The RS850 rocks the house for sure – but it’s also capable of an incredibly nuanced delivery. Our custom-designed aluminum cone drivers – and that no-compromise VIFA “Ring Radiator” tweeter make great music together. No wonder why “the 850” is compared often with speakers costing 4X more like the Dali Helikon’s (very good speakers by the way)… or even (dare we say it)… The B+W 804S (also great speakers – and THE SPEAKER we are compared the most to)… These are quite a bit more money – but we stand right in there with these heavyweights in all applications and needs.

The RS850 has done a ton of talking for this company over the years – and frankly, now that we actually have some inventory – they will stand up and speak for us once again. At this price we expect that they’ll be doing a ton of “speaking” for av123 and what WE stand for.

Improved Customer Service

In Stock and Ready To Ship TODAY!

Best In Class Performance

Absolute Leader in Class For Fit and Finish

Backed by av123 – and the passionate people that make up this company. We’ve been here for 10 years – and we will continue to be here to serve you…

Remember… we have a 30-day return policy (see details on our web site – or speak with your av123 rep about this)…

We are running this special for ONE WEEK ONLY… after that, back to $1199 + freight.

Give us a call – we stand ready to serve in all ways…

Wishing you all the very best.

Mark L. Schifter – President – av123

Last edited by a moderator:
bandphan

bandphan

Banned
id fathom to say the if AV123 folds that most of the lines would be picked uped by other distributers:)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I'd hate to be selling a used pair of rockets at this moment. These speakers are probably not even worth to sell anymore in the used market because they have been devalued so much recenetly.

A

armstrr

Junior Audioholic
I understand that you and your friend are upset but from what I can read from the original sale thread at av123 these were not purchased from the company but through a private sale. Even if the private seller was the owner of the company it really has nothing to do with the companies practices (even though they have been in question lately). As already stated waiting 6 months to take action is way too long since you were told shipment in two weeks. I don't think you are going to get anywhere going after the company you need to go after the actually people involved in the sale. Now as you've noticed Mark is not reachable right now, if you read one of the other recent posts in this forum you will see that his health is not doing well right, and no offense but a mans health is more important than some speakers. I would be asking for the "friends" name and information and be trying to get intouch with him since he is the person who actually had/has possession of the speakers.

I have no connection with the company at all and haven't even really looked at their speakers in months but I don't think it is right to slam a company for something that happened in the For Sale section of their forum. That's like saying don't buy anything from Audioholics because something went bad with a deal here on the forums.

Good luck getting everything worked out it would have been easier if you would have taken action sooner.
now hold on. MLS advertised through AV123's forums, as president and CEO for these sales....

I too "purchased" a mwf-15 in Oct 08. I too waited too long. I was given so many plausible excuses, and others who were waiting WERE getting their subs slow but sure.... finally i had enough and demanded a refund which i was told was no problem. well 3 weeks after that i finally started to call my credit card and paypal, but that was almost 3.5 months later and i was told i was too late.

so if there is a list of those who have been defrauded, add my name to the list. I am Canadian, so i don't know if that will help or hinder, but i'm interested if there is any "group" action.

i see MLS is posting again, but their forum is still locked down so we can't post....how convienient.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
now hold on. MLS advertised through AV123's forums, as president and CEO for these sales....

I too "purchased" a mwf-15 in Oct 08. I too waited too long. I was given so many plausible excuses, and others who were waiting WERE getting their subs slow but sure.... finally i had enough and demanded a refund which i was told was no problem. well 3 weeks after that i finally started to call my credit card and paypal, but that was almost 3.5 months later and i was told i was too late.

so if there is a list of those who have been defrauded, add my name to the list. I am Canadian, so i don't know if that will help or hinder, but i'm interested if there is any "group" action.

i see MLS is posting again, but their forum is still locked down so we can't post....how convienient.
alls I can say is, Caveat emptor

A

armstrr

Junior Audioholic
I have been contacted by Mark and the issue is being resolved.

Please delete the thread.

Thanks,

Grantc79
no, please don't...not until the rest of us get our money....well, maybe i'll spend some time and start my own thread: it appears the squeakiest wheels are the only ones getting greased!!

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
no, please don't...not until the rest of us get our money....well, maybe i'll spend some time and start my own thread: it appears the squeakiest wheels are the only ones getting greased!!
Sadly, one of the most effective ways to get results from this company is to go public with your problems.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I have been contacted by Mark and the issue is being resolved.

Please delete the thread.

Thanks,

Grantc79
This thread will be shut down once AV123 reopens their forum and every customer either gets their products they paid for or gets a full refund.

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
This thread will be shut down once AV123 reopens their forum and every customer either gets their products they paid for or gets a full refund.
As it should be!:D

I’m surprised MLS hasn’t contacted you and tried to use his mythical charisma and powers of persuasion to get this thread locked.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
As it should be!

I’m surprised MLS hasn’t contacted you and tried to use his mythical charisma and powers of persuasion to get this thread locked.
Who says he hasn't? I respect the AV123 brand but this needs to be set right.

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
Hi all. I read all the posts and all I can say is Wow! From reading the posts I would probably never buy from av123 again. But my experience so far has been good. I have a pair of RS750s that I really like. Here's been my experience with the company:

A few years ago I met Craig through the forum. I drove to his house and listened to his 750s. I was blown away (completely subjective). I really liked the laid back quality of the speaker. I bought a pair of 750s and have been enjoying them immensely.

Time goes by. . ..

I decided to build a HT in my bedroom. I saw the deal on b-stock RS450s and just couldn't pass it up! I placed my order today with Mark. He was very nice on the phone as usual but he is, no doubt, a salesman. You can hear it in how he talks. No doubt he's in it for the money. But that's ok. The product he sells speaks for itself. If he's got his act together now, I won't have any problems buying from him again. Although I can understand why some people don't ever want to buy from him again.

I have to mention I sent an email to sales and no one ever replied. I think that happened the first time I bought too. Ignoring email is definitely a negative.

I talked to Suzanne a little later and asked when my stuff would ship. She said I'd have the tracking number tomorrow (the 450s and center are in stock). Mark said Monday, the latest. If they weren't in stock I would have canceled my order. Anyway, we'll see how it goes. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll have my tracking number and all will be right in the world. :D

I'd love to say give the company another chance but from what I've read I can see why some people are steering clear of av123. All I have to say is I've had nothing but good experiences with them (other than ignoring my email - grrrr) so far and will continue to buy from them and recommend them.

I might say something different tomorrow if I don't get my tracking number. :p

W

Winterweary

Audiophyte
I might say something different tomorrow if I don't get my tracking number. :p

Based on reports from other websites, it appears that some products are being delivered, including products that have been on order for months. Hopefully, this is a sign of good things to come for those customers who have waited so long.

Have you received your tracking number?

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
Got the tracking number Friday. Should be here Thursday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis