DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raul in HD

Audiophyte
It's really gong to end like this? Come Grantc79

Ok, ok, ok, oooooooooooooooookkk. So finally finish reading all post (over an hour).

I heard about all this AV123 shenanigans from the AVRant Podcast. So I got carious and wanted to join in. But no too late, Marks already passed out the happy Kool Aid. Now bodies are just drooping like flys. Man I miss the party and the after-party. talk about being late.

So let me get this right, there are people how where angry, dead angry at Mark. For getting screwed. And others who are in love with Mark, and wish they could kiss him. and of course from left Field come Tweak City Audio. But after the original Poster drank the tall glass, and requested the thread to be deleted. and all the sudden a post from Mark appears and the bodies start to drop like flys. Everyone now loves Mark and AV123 again?!!! WHAT THE CRAP!! I'm just a regular guys (Consumer-Joe level). Man but this should never be forgotten either by me (newbies) or the hard core Trolls.

Let this day be remember as the Day AV123 Dies!!!!!! The beginning of the End.

Don't forget.

I never knew of AV123. I just found out about Emotiva. Purchase a XPA-2 (250w x 2) AMP. While the product was being shipped I had a family emergency. once received the AMP had to send it back for a refound. and whala got my money back. Once I work out our family emergency I plan to repurchase my lost amp from Emotiva in about 2-3 months. Sure glad I heard about Emotiva, instead of this crap AV123.

Sure hope no one forgets the moral of this thread "Don't Buy AV123"

Ok Grant come on man Post an update. and Tell us word for word what exactly did Mark say to make you believe in him. I just have to know what was said.

R

Raul in HD

Audiophyte
Word for Word

Grant!!???

Come on man tell us. Pleae tell us what flavor was the kool aid. Its just like a bad movie. I was reading the post and really conection with you and the victims and then this? hmmmm....

So what did Mark said? of course other than delete the thread. Im a waiting.

R

Raul in HD

Audiophyte
Still Waiting Grantc79

Hurry Grant.

LOL funny Majorloser, so I became a troll on my second post? Noooooooooooooooo *echo* oooo oooo ooo oo LOL!!!

Hey Grant hurry man

JimmyTango

JimmyTango

Audioholic Intern
Hurry Grant.

LOL funny Majorloser, so I became a troll on my second post? Noooooooooooooooo *echo* oooo oooo ooo oo LOL!!!

Hey Grant hurry man
Do you have any clue how childish you are coming off?

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
It seems to me, craigs main theme and point here is this......

Only those of a higer intelligence have the intellectual capacity to understand this whole situation and to forgive he who has bent them over and delivered a royal scr*wing.

I'm not sure when this became the main defintion and shining example of intelligence; but I truely prefer to remain (as in craig's perception) one of the ignorant ones.

There's been so much dishonesty, so much shaddy dealings and so much flat out scr*w-jobs from these people. I can't imagine anyone buying anything MLS has to say or taking the bait of his excuses and promises.

Only a fool would spend their hard-earned money on anything from AV123. Obviously a fool of a much higher intellect than us mere grumpsters. But a fool, nonetheless.

Last edited:
T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
It seems to me, craigs main theme and point here is this......

Only those of a higer intelligence have the intellectual capacity to understand this whole situation and to forgive he who has bent them over and delivered a royal scr*wing.

I'm not sure when this became the main defintion and shining example of intelligence; but I truely prefer to remain (as in craig's perception) one of the ignorant ones.

There's been so much dishonesty, so much shaddy dealings and so much flat out scr*w-jobs from these people. I can't imagine anyone buying anything MLS has to say or taking the bait of his excuses and promises.

Only a fool would spend their hard-earned money on anything from AV123. Obviously a fool of a much higher intellect than us mere grumpsters. But a fool, nonetheless.
Craig's defense of MLS/AV123, in light of recent debacle, I just don't get.

As to AV123 falling apart like this...just, WOW.

To whoever posted that MLS made a play to move production to Columbia and had it back fire. I would add that MLS was trying to undercut his costs with his long time partner at SAC Mr. Pu and when it did not work out that way Mr. Pu seems to have kicked MLS to the curb in return. I feel sorry for Santiago.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
WOW! :eek: I'm just going to count myself as one of the lucky ones who got what they ordered in a few days. So far, I love my Minis. They'll be 2 years old this June.
(I wonder what my 3 year warranty is worth now:cool:)

J

jongaro

Junior Audioholic
Wow, what a interesting read. I am sitting here contemplating what I want to say...

I personally am still waiting for MLS to sell my credits that were purchased years ago for dual bmf's. Remember that sub? What people probably aren't aware of is that MLS mentioned in one of his threads that he was going to refund anyone who pre-paid but that they would still lock in their pre-order price. That has not been the case.

I felt my situation was resolved when I talked with MLS. He has a way of making things sound like they were going to all work out, quickly. Sadly, that is never the case.

I feel kinda shitty that I am now questioning whether or not MLS actually was sick. I would hope to god that nobody would lie about that, but I also was one to take MLS at his word numerous times, to only be let down.

Resolution was found regarding my dual ufw's. The were returned, in which I paid shipping, and was expecting a prompt refund. Somehow this simple action of having accounting send me a check was screwed up. It took several emails to Suzanne to get things hopefully resolved. My check was supposedly sent yesterday. I will keep you all informed.

We can speculate all we want as to what is going on with AV123, but only MLS and those he shares the inner workings with, know what truly is going on. I don't want to see them fail, but too many people are still getting strung along and that isn't right.

The bigger issue is that we have very little recourse. MLS says all sorts of things but ultimately hides when pressed for quick resolution. If you pre-ordered over a year ago, more than likely your credit card company won't do anything for you. These forums are all we have and some sites are more open to us venting our issues versus others. I wish forums would do more to put pressure on companies that disregard their customers. Kinda like that guy with consumer reports magazine, the horowitz guy. Imagine how quickly if avs, audioholics, hts, etc, posted about the resolution process. Held MLS to his word and reported openly to the masses.

As I read this thread, I was sad. The amount of anger people have because they have been ignored or misled. Sure, most of us have had good interactions when little could go wrong, but when there was a bigger problem, finding resolution was much more difficult.

Imagine how you would feel if you've been waiting for a bmf, a ufw-12 hot rod upgrade, new amps, the rsc500, LS-9's, email updates that never come, a letter explaining what was going on with your particular product - as was promised, etc. I had hoped more would change for the positive, but seeing how recent this thread is, I feel disappointed.

I asked Suzanne to replace my rsc200. she was quick to get it taken care of. Of course she mentioned she could bill me until the defective product was received. I followed up with an email explaining that I had a large credit. In fact, I paid with a credit card to pay for shipping through av123's shipping company. Boy, I was stupid to not have them take it out of my standing credit. Of course, now that I think about it, it would have been nice to have them offer to use my credit.

I'll keep all posted to let you know if my check comes and clears, how long it takes suzanne to handle the rsc200 exchange, etc.

To everyone else with ongoing problems, I really feel for you.

J

JazzySmooth

Enthusiast
Could you not sell your credit on your own instead of waiting for MLS? Or perhaps have him give you 10% more in credit since you'll likely have to discount it to sell it in any case. Actually, for the amt of time you've basically given them a interest free loan you should get more than 10% IMO...

J

jongaro

Junior Audioholic
Could you not sell your credit on your own instead of waiting for MLS? Or perhaps have him give you 10% more in credit since you'll likely have to discount it to sell it in any case. Actually, for the amt of time you've basically given them a interest free loan you should get more than 10% IMO...
I've been emailing a gentleman here who has been doing this and it hasn't worked out well for him.

But doesn't it go back to taking someone at their word? Someone says they will sell it on my behalf, etc.

If it were truly a priority to them to handle it, they'd have figured something out for me. They can go back on everything else they say, but buying credits is non-negotiable. Utter B.S.

I guess it is true, you reap what you sow.

J

JazzySmooth

Enthusiast
I've been emailing a gentleman here who has been doing this and it hasn't worked out well for him.

But doesn't it go back to taking someone at their word? Someone says they will sell it on my behalf, etc.

If it were truly a priority to them to handle it, they'd have figured something out for me. They can go back on everything else they say, but buying credits is non-negotiable. Utter B.S.

I guess it is true, you reap what you sow.

I'm assuming you're referring to MadPoet?

In any case yes, it definitely goes back to taking someone at their word. It has been a interesting soap opera to say the least between the posts here, AVS and TweakCity.

Just out of curiosity, was the BMF deal also through the Graham Co or was it with AV123?

J

jongaro

Junior Audioholic
av123. i've seen stuff from both sent to me and not given it much thought. it would seem that regardless of which company you bought from, it should be seamless to the customer. either that or start a second website to sell products through graham and co.

i've found the only person of any help is suzanne, who is related to MLS. anyone else is basically a glorified order taker. the follow through of everyone in that company is pretty bad given that their jobs are all customer service related.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Interesting (and depressing) story Joe. I really hope something good come out of this mess for all the AV123 victims besides just a good life lesson.

MLS is looking like the Audio Bernie Madoff.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Thanks for posting Joe. Its nice to hear directly from someone who is affected by all this.

I think you have the situation pegged. In my experience it is very hard to tell the liars from the those who are genuinely the victim of circumstance.

Either way, MLS' and AV123's actions are unethical regardless of intent. I truely hope Mark means what he writes and he does make things right, but who knows.

J

jongaro

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for posting Joe. Its nice to hear directly from someone who is affected by all this.

I think you have the situation pegged. In my experience it is very hard to tell the liars from the those who are genuinely the victim of circumstance.

Either way, MLS' and AV123's actions are unethical regardless of intent. I truely hope Mark means what he writes and he does make things right, but who knows.
Hopefully there are few of us and that it just sounds worse than it really is. As frustrated as I've been with av123, I don't want to see them fail. After all, there is a reason we all chose to purchase from them initially.

We also need to remember that there are many sides to a story. It is easy to make one sound like they are getting ripped off, especially when the other side isn't presenting their version.

Like in my situation. Mark took back my ufw's at full value which were to be used as trade-ins for my bmf's. He certainly didn't have to do that. But then you have to balance how he has handled the bmf situation, holding my money for almost 3 years when that sub should have been out at least a year and a half ago. know what I mean?

What I am noticing is that although change is happening with av123, there still isn't that consistency required to make us feel like we aren't getting screwed.

I'm been pretty vocal about my frustrations so you'd think maybe they would have better follow through. That I wouldn't have to bug them as to the status of my check. Because unlike someone else who is probably going to give them a pass, I will say something online.

So if I were to change the heading of this thread, I might instead say to wait till things settle out or be very diligent in making sure your money is protected.

If you buy something and it doesn't ship when said, dispute the charges immediately. You see, I have no recourse because my purchase was more than a year old. If you stay on top of things and don't let the company string you along, you lessen your chances of being one of the irate customers such as myself.

just my .02

J

jongaro

Junior Audioholic

yeah, I wasn't someone posting about this, but instead just reading from the sidelines.

I know I will be accused of drinking the kool-aid, but there is still part of me that thinks that MLS isn't this bad guy he is made out to be... and this is someone who has been VERY critical of his practices. I just find it hard to believe that someone who has been in the industry for as long as he has been would be this scammer kind of guy. A Bernie Madoff kind of guy would be a long stretch.

He is a very charming guy, but I'd like to think not in a used car guy kind of way. When he and I initially talked about my situation, I felt much better. Sadly the follow through wasn't there. If Mark can, in the future, maintain that follow through, he could dominate the audio industry, and I would gladly spend my money on his products.

But as it stands, we are only getting bits and pieces, speculation, one sided stories, etc.

I personally would like to see the company get through this, the people who have genuine gripes/issues addressed and fixed in a timely and satisfactory manner, and once again see the excitement that once was there when people received products and were in such admiration of how they looked, sounded, and the price paid.

know what I mean?

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
OK maybe Bernie Madoff was a little over the top …

Mark does engender amazing loyalty from his fans. I like his personality too, but with the preponderance of evidence mounting against him it doesn’t look good.

The “rumors” of misappropriation of charitable funds (I participated in several of his raffles) is the show stopper for me. Mark needs to clear that up pronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis