DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grantc79

Junior Audioholic
Nope.

This thread being removed wasn't a pre-req for me getting this issue resolved.

I was contacted by MLS and we had a few back and forths about the situation and it is on its way to being resolved.

As of yet it hasn't been resolved, but I have been contacted, issued a full apology, and given assurances that it will be.

I was politely asked to have the thread removed so I asked for it to be removed. I cannot do it myself so the ball is in the moderators court.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Nope.

I was contacted by MLS and we had a few back and forths about the situation and it is on its way to being resolved.

As of yet it hasn't been resolved, but I have been contacted, issued a full apology, and given assurances that it will be.

I was politely asked to have the thread removed so I asked for it to be removed. I cannot do it myself so the ball is in the moderators court.
AV123 has been an eyesore on my screen all week and they still haven't given you squat. They reap what they have sowed.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Nope.

that's good to hear. especially about the non-pre-req part.

but since you have a back and forth with MLS, what about the OTHER people with pending orders? (some of which have posted in this thread)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Nope.

I am going to use that one at the bank the next time:rolleyes:.

Sir, you will get your money. I am in the process of resolving the outstanding payments on my line of credit:rolleyes:. I'm very sorry:eek:. Oh and BTW can you erase my credit history, please, please pretty please. :eek:. Your just a keystroke away :eek:

Stephan

Audiophyte
Nope.

This is exactly how av123 has gotten such a bad rep lately, not delivering and then MLS smoothing things over with his BS, that's all it is BS. I would sue the crap out of him.

Just the fact that he wanted you to remove the thread as a stipulation for your situation being resolved shows me that he doesn't give a crap about the people he has screwed, just the bad press av123 has been getting lately. That's the only situation he has any interest in fixing.

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Grantc79, I would not be so quick to request this thread's deletion.

Your situation is not yet resolved. Any assurances by anyone over there that it will be resolved could only be met with scrutiny and doubt; until MLS actually takes the actions required to fullfill or compensate you, fully.

No offense, but you would be foolish to believe anything MLS says he's "going to do" to resolve your situation. In my opinion, when his actions actually match his mouth and you have a full reimbursement or a perfectly acceptable piece of gear in your own hands; then it will be considered resolved.

Furthermore, there are at least 10-15 other people (and I'm being generous, here) who have been screwed by this guy. In my opinion, until each and every individual has been fully compensated and reimbursed; this criminal behavior by MLS must continue to be highligthed, discussed and exposed.

MLS is simply trying to shine you on and manipulate you. Let's see if he resolves this with you, evehn though the thread will remain.

And by all rights, this thread should remain....for a very long time. If not simply as a reminder of the practices of MLS and AV123.

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
I am suspect of this also. From what I've read, MLS has proven he can't be trusted and this doesn't make sense. One would think if he was going to start performing on his promises this forum would actually be good for him. We would start seeing positive posts which might, and that's a big MIGHT, restore some of his credibility.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I agree, this means absolutely nothing until there is complete closure with that individual. Every single person that has posted about being contacted all say the same thing. We have an "agreement on a resolution" and it is in the process of being solved. But when will it be solved? Tomorrow? Next week? Next Month? Next Year? Even after ALL this the customer is still being strung along. I find that very, very concerning. Every indivudual should be given a choice if they want a full cash refund, product in stock that could be shipped out immediately or continue to wait for their original order. Until this happens, it is just not good enough.

Hipnotic4

Hipnotic4

Full Audioholic
Just because they solved your issue, doesnt mean they redeemed themselves..

Think about how many people this has happen to, and they did nothing about it. AV123 are the ones who gained the bad rep for practicing poor business techniques.

This should be a sticky.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Just because they solved your issue, doesnt mean they redeemed themselves..

Think about how many people this has happen to, and they did nothing about it. AV123 are the ones who gained the bad rep for practicing poor business techniques.

This should be a sticky.
...According to the OP nothing has been resolved...just yet...

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
From my very limited perspective on mls/av123s dealings I see an attempt to deal with folks who have been super-vocal and negative about the company, here and on other forums. That doesn't surprise me much, as the squeaky wheel has always seemed to get the attention from mls, but I'm very surprised at what I perceive to be the easily changed attitudes of those who have been complaining. I know mls is smooth. I've spoken to him, and my take is that he could sell ice to eskimoes. But after the recent history and trust issues I can't imagine what he could be whispering to folks to get them back on the bandwagon so easily.

Maybe my perception is inaccurate. Hopefully other folks, who have not been vociferous, are getting taken care of also. And hopefully the turn around is actually starting and will be successful. I wish mls no ill will, and I hope to see him and av123 once again putting out high value products.

Stephan

Audiophyte
I know mls is smooth. I've spoken to him, and my take is that he could sell ice to eskimoes.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It seems like MLS has a gift of being able to BS himself out of situations like this, and a certain amount of charisma. But that can only get you so far, after a while its tile to put up or shut up. And it looks like MLS's BS has finally caught up with him.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
I have no skin in this game but I have followed AV123 for quite some time and have purchased a few items from them. I was always concerned that MLS was seriously over extended. His big plans seemed like marketing hype designed to maintain old and attract new business. I understood this and stayed away even when very tempted (i.e. the RSLII and BMF) to buy into the “great deals” and hype. He was just such a likeable guy I wanted to buy from him even if my instincts told me to slow down.

In good times, Mark was notoriously generous with his time and money, spreading it around and making a legion of loyal AV123’ers very happy. Now that he is having troubles, many former fans have abandoned him and are even trying to make him out to be a criminal.

Although Mark Schifter has made mistakes, the PT Barnum personality that made him so beloved has now caused many to turn against him. I am certain that without the MFW-15 amp problems and his current health issues, Mark would still be rolling along.

I am truly sorry that some of you feel frustrated by the situation and your losses. Clearly AV123 made mistakes but if you take this as a valuable life lesson and then move on you will be a lot happier. I believe that Mark would REALLY like to do the right thing and his customers should give him every opportunity to do just that. Throwing gasoline on the fire only lessens your chances of being compensated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis