UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

annunaki

annunaki

Three more days until Friday practice. I took Friday off so I can stay up and watch live and not have to be up early. ;)

I can't wait until qualy & the race. I cannot wait to see how things shake out in terms of true pace.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Three more days until Friday practice. I took Friday off so I can stay up and watch live and not have to be up early. ;)

I can't wait until qualy & the race. I cannot wait to see how things shake out in terms of true pace.

Getting itchy huh? Me too!:)

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
So, what are the driver championship predictions for 1st, 2nd 3rd.

annunaki

annunaki

I will need to see how things go at the first race to accurately gauge an outcome.

There are simply too many unknowns at this point.

I would say the front runners have to be Button/Barichello (if the pace holds up all season), Alonso, Raikkonen/Massa, Kubica/Heidfeld, and Hamilton if McLaren has their issues sorted.

Dark horses would be Vettel & Rosberg if the pace picks up substantially.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
In all seriousness, I agree with Annunaki. There are a lot of unknowns. I don't remember there being this much up in the air in the short few years I've been following F1. I for one, think it's great.

Especially if BMW gets some hardware when it's all said and done. ;-)

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, I read that Red Bull went to Charlie with a similar design late last year and was told it was not legal, so we shall see!

annunaki

annunaki

Yeah, I read that Red Bull went to Charlie with a similar design late last year and was told it was not legal, so we shall see!
Key word here is similar, not the same. The difference is probably why it was deemed illegal. They are simply mad that they did not think of the same thing. That is usually the case rather than admitting someone may have done it better.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
So why complain, just copy the design then! That's what I say. In any event, I'm excited that things have started up again, even the boring press conferences, man can't they liven things up a bit. The last Indy was so much fun to watch because they had that SpeedTV interview where the fans got to ask drivers questions, you so so much of their personality then, it was great to see the drivers relaxed and just being themselves. The press conferences are really really soooooooooooooo boring. I give them 2 thumbs down and a big YAWN!

majorloser

majorloser

Yeah!!! Race season starts today.

Now if anybody posts results before I get a chance to watch the DVR... :mad::mad::mad:

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
This just in, the "innovative" diffusers have just been declared legal. Brawn, Willams and Toyota are clear to use them. I think Button just won his 2nd race!

annunaki

annunaki

Ragged, let's not get too far ahead of this yet. ;)

I hope he does well, he deserves it.

I am really anxious to see how things shake out. I will be watching live timing for practice 1 for sure!!

I am curious to see if Ferrari, Redbull, Macca & others adopt similar diffuser designs right away. As soon as the next race??

The big issue, from an aero standpoint, is whether an updated diffuser will work with their current aero packages. The Williams, Toyota, & Brawn cars were conceived with that concept in mind. The others have to add it in after the fact.

It is going to be interesting!!!

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, it won't take long now before it's adopted. I read that Toyota carried a number of different style diffusers just in case the protest was upheld, so maybe it's won't be that hard to integrate.

Live timing for sure.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
So this is how the diffuser designs came about. Hmm Super Aguri would have had an awesome car if they had stuck around.

"What is interesting is that the idea came last year from Super Aguri Racing. When that team shut down, its aerodynamics went to work at Honda where they concentrated on the 2009 car, while the regular aero crew tried to develop the old Honda chassis. One of the aerodynamists went instead to Toyota where a slightyly different system was developed, while it seems that Williams came up with the idea themselves."

annunaki

annunaki

What is neat is that all three are completely different takes on the rules. At least after seeing shots of them from the 2nd practice session.

The Williams chassis looks really good so far. I think Ferrari is better than they let on in the 2nd session. Red Bull seemed to come to life in the 2nd session also.

I think it will be Williams, Brawn, Toyota & Ferrari (Raikkonen) fighting for the top grid spots.

All of the cars look twitchy & nervous under high speed and high speed braking.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
All of the cars look twitchy & nervous under high speed and high speed braking.
Yup, just like in the good old days, no aero to keep em stable.

Yes, at this point I think Williams/Toyota/Brawn have the best shot for the race win. I just don't want Trulli to qualify 1st the fade during the race as usual.

For the overall championship though I think Toyota has the best shot, especially since, of the three diffuser teams that are fastest, only Toyota has the budget to keep developing the car throughout the season.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yup, just like in the good old days, no aero to keep em stable.

Yes, at this point I think Williams/Toyota/Brawn have the best shot for the race win. I just don't want Trulli to qualify 1st the fade during the race as usual.

For the overall championship though I think Toyota has the best shot, especially since, of the three diffuser teams that are fastest, only Toyota has the budget to keep developing the car throughout the season.
Just watched todays practice. Rosberg set his leading times on the HARD compound tires, Brawn and Toyota were using the SOFT tires. Uuhh, that's huge.

annunaki

annunaki

Brawn locks out front row!

Toyota sent to the back of the grid for flexi rear wings.

Looks like KERS may not be the way to go after all. :confused:

I am most impressed! Barrichello's Q2 time was only .6 off from Schumacher's '04 Lap record! The engineers in F1 are simply amazing! Remember that is 200-250 hp less, and fewer electronic aids! :eek:

Apply today's aero efficiency to that F2004 Ferrari and it could probably be lowered another 2-3 seconds!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis