STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
What bothers me is the illegal window tint...Sheep, I'm disappointed.:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
1.) My civic is a 91'.
2.) Tint is for American's.
3.) My civic will do 120mph stock, even with my 80hp 1.5 liter, bolted to my giant 4 speed.

I'm hoping one day Advance will find a damn engine. I had to put the first bit of money into the car last week (Dist Cap, rotor, wires, Valve cover gasket kit). Aircare looms.

SheepStar

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
some of you can do top speed. but where i am at, its not top speed. its how "quick" can you cover 2 blocks. so, top speed means nothing to me.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
some of you can do top speed. but where i am at, its not top speed. its how "quick" can you cover 2 blocks. so, top speed means nothing to me.
Your truck is nice, and looks like you put a good amount of time, care, and effort into it, but 13.8 second quarter is nothing to brag about. Stock 1988 Civic Si does the 1/4 in 16.5 seconds. Type R engine in my civic puts it into the 13s, stock.

SheepStar

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

bragging ? not me. i was just saying. i'm going for high 11's. thats fast enough for me. and i would say that, engine wise, i am pretty close. just gotta get it to hook, and not break.
i have at least 5 G's to put into my truck. and thats just wheels, tires, rear end, driveshaft, trans. and a few other little things. to get that 11.99.

and 13's is not fast. i know of a mostly stock engine 4.3 S10(NHRA class racing) that does 12.5.
but he gets out of the hole like a mofo. no top end. but gives a F...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
bragging ? not me. i was just saying. i'm going for high 11's. thats fast enough for me. and i would say that, engine wise, i am pretty close. just gotta get it to hook, and not break.
i have at least 5 G's to put into my truck. and thats just wheels, tires, rear end, driveshaft, trans. and a few other little things. to get that 11.99.

and 13's is not fast. i know of a mostly stock engine 4.3 S10(NHRA class racing) that does 12.5.
but he gets out of the hole like a mofo. no top end. but gives a F...
That's a lot of work for 11.99.

Couple guys on VCC had their 4 gens (One hatch, one CRX) into the 11s and 10s for less then that. One was Turbo charged(10.9), the other has NA plus spray (11.6).

SheepStar

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

man, would you get a clue :rolleyes:

do you HONESTLY think, that if i, from the start, wanted to go FAST, that i would have bought/modded a 4.3 ? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: come on.

i could, literraly. blow your doors of, of anything YOU had. with 10g. if i had those intentions from the start. 10g = 10's at least = car, parts, knowledge. i wouldn't do it with rice. but if i wanted to, i could.

and " NA plus spray " IS NOT n/a :rolleyes:

knock me all you want. but i have blown the doors off of "nice" rice. not these punk kids running around here = wouldn't waist 1 drop of fuel on em. other than to get away from them for fear that they will crash into me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
One of the quickest cars among my friends was a mildly modded Camaro LS1 with a 125 shot that was running low 11s. He had a narrowed rear end so he could get wider tires on the back to keep traction, and he was snapping axles.

The most ridiculous car was my buddy's Supra. Converted to single turbo and fully built, putting out 640bhp. You could break the tires loose in any gear :eek: He had to dial the boost way down just to drive on the street:

(he has since sold this car).

I am more about handling, not straight line speed :D Top speed doesn't interest me either, I was just fooling around that day. A car doesn't have to be crazy fast to be fun, and if it handles well, I can have plenty of fun in it :) My former Type R was very quick - dynoed at 172 to the wheels bone stock but only weighed 2650lbs, so it hustled for a 4cyl n/a AND it handled well. My current car only has 140hp and I have to say, with the suspension on it, it is just as much fun as my R was, just nowhere near as quick :)

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
man, would you get a clue :rolleyes:

do you HONESTLY think, that if i, from the start, wanted to go FAST, that i would have bought/modded a 4.3 ? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: come on.

i could, literraly. blow your doors of, of anything YOU had. with 10g. if i had those intentions from the start. 10g = 10's at least = car, parts, knowledge. i wouldn't do it with rice. but if i wanted to, i could.

and " NA plus spray " IS NOT n/a :rolleyes:

knock me all you want. but i have blown the doors off of "nice" rice. not these punk kids running around here = wouldn't waist 1 drop of fuel on em. other than to get away from them for fear that they will crash into me.
You should really start reading my posts, instead of trying to have a flame war between Domestic cars and Imports.

You said your goal is 11s, but now you're saying you could get 10s easy. How come you haven't reached your goal if it was so easy?

I never called NA plus spray, NA. I said, NA plus spray. But he also had an NA only tune, and he ran 12.6, just NA. Again, reading comprehension plays a big part.

Yeah, 10gs into a Honda will easily get you into the 10s too. Whats you're point? Something tells me you're one of those people that posts on youtube videos slamming makes of cars for no reason. This isn't that. This is a thread to show what you have, and not talk smack about anyone's projects. No one trashed your car, you called this thread a rice fest. That's smack talk, that doesn't happen in here. I said earlier that your truck is nice, and it looks like you've put a lot of effort and care into it, but that doesn't mean you can come in here and trash other peoples cars, or tastes.

So, You can update us with your project, let us know what you're running when the tracks open up, or shut the **** up. Your choice.

SheepStar

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

You said your goal is 11s, but now you're saying you could get 10s easy. How come you haven't reached your goal if it was so easy?

or shut the **** up. Your choice.

i never said i would do it with my truck.

and go **** yourself.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Your truck is nice, and looks like you put a good amount of time, care, and effort into it, but 13.8 second quarter is nothing to brag about. Stock 1988 Civic Si does the 1/4 in 16.5 seconds. Type R engine in my civic puts it into the 13s, stock.

SheepStar
Looks like you tried to put the smack down on him right here.

This is a thread to show what you have, and not talk smack about anyone's projects. No one trashed your car, you called this thread a rice fest. That's smack talk, that doesn't happen in here. I said earlier that your truck is nice, and it looks like you've put a lot of effort and care into it, but that doesn't mean you can come in here and trash other peoples cars, or tastes.
"Why do you see the speck in your brother's eye but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Looks like you tried to put the smack down on him right here.
If you re-read his previous posts, it was a justifiable response. He was talking pretty big about acceleration, I was trying to give him some perspective.

"Why do you see the speck in your brother's eye but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?
I've never insulted someone's project car. I'll insult factory stock cars, but if someone is putting time and effort into it (and doing it properly, alltezza lights and ugly kits are not project cars) then I'm game, and want to see where they go.

Doing anything with your Corvette?

SheepStar

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Doing anything with your Corvette?

SheepStar
I'm not doing a thing to the Vette. With a layoff hanging over my head being extended week to week, I'm holding on to every nickel. Besides, I'm very disappointed in it's first trip to the track. 12.80's...WTF.:confused::confused::confused: I've got to shave at least a half second off it's stock time before I do anything to it. Ideally, I'll make an 11.99 pass in stock trim. Give me some cool, dry weather and a well prepped track and I'll see what I can do.:)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not doing a thing to the Vette. With a layoff hanging over my head being extended week to week, I'm holding on to every nickel. Besides, I'm very disappointed in it's first trip to the track. 12.80's...WTF.:confused::confused::confused: I've got to shave at least a half second off it's stock time before I do anything to it. Ideally, I'll make an 11.99 pass in stock trim. Give me some cool, dry weather and a well prepped track and I'll see what I can do.:)
12.8... that's stock second Gen NSX Type R speed, nice. Make sure you don't skimp on cleaning, your car will thank you for it.

SheepStar

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
GM advertises 12.4 for the base Vette. I want to hit at least that number while it's stock. I only had one chance to hit a track last year but the day was bad from a number of issues. First, I misjudged my highway mileage and arrived at the track with over 3/4 tank of gas. I filled up here but at 30mpg highway, I didn't use enough gas on the 1-1/2 hour drive to lower the fuel level enough. That night was also very, very humid. There was a visible mist hanging just feet over the fields surrounding the track, must have been near 80% humidity. Last but not least, I arrived late for a night session and didn't have time to dissipate the heat from the drive up there.

Empty tank, low humidity and a cooled off engine and I think I can hit GM's advertised times. I'm going to try for an all-day Saturday session in the spring when the weather breaks.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
GM advertises 12.4 for the base Vette. I want to hit at least that number while it's stock. I only had one chance to hit a track last year but the day was bad from a number of issues. First, I misjudged my highway mileage and arrived at the track with over 3/4 tank of gas. I filled up here but at 30mpg highway, I didn't use enough gas on the 1-1/2 hour drive to lower the fuel level enough. That night was also very, very humid. There was a visible mist hanging just feet over the fields surrounding the track, must have been near 80% humidity. Last but not least, I arrived late for a night session and didn't have time to dissipate the heat from the drive up there.

Empty tank, low humidity and a cooled off engine and I think I can hit GM's advertised times. I'm going to try for an all-day Saturday session in the spring when the weather breaks.
Your Vette is Auto right? Maybe that is the problem...

SheepStar

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Your Vette is Auto right? Maybe that is the problem...

SheepStar
Automatics are ideally suited for drag racing and in many cases with modern transmissions are faster, more reliable and more consistent, especially with bracket racing. Torque multiplication at the converter helps put more power to the ground at launch and computer controlled adaptive transmissions make sharp, precise shifts at exactly the programmed shift point. There is no feathering the clutch with the risk of burning it out, no human error reacting to the tach or shift light and no missed shifts. The converter also protects the transmission from the shock of power being applied suddenly, as in sidestepping the clutch at launch. Line locks and high stall converters are simple, inexpensive options to build a streetable car with an incredible drag strip launch.

I chose the auto precisely because I knew the only type of auto sport I was going to do was 1/4 mile drag racing. It's not quite like street racing or running on the highway where you need to hold RPM in the right gear to get a jump on a rolling start. I don't see the auto as being a handicap in a drag race on a proper track.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Automatics are ideally suited for drag racing and in many cases with modern transmissions are faster, more reliable and more consistent, especially with bracket racing. Torque multiplication at the converter helps put more power to the ground at launch and computer controlled adaptive transmissions make sharp, precise shifts at exactly the programmed shift point. There is no feathering the clutch with the risk of burning it out, no human error reacting to the tach or shift light and no missed shifts. The converter also protects the transmission from the shock of power being applied suddenly, as in sidestepping the clutch at launch. Line locks and high stall converters are simple, inexpensive options to build a streetable car with an incredible drag strip launch.

I chose the auto precisely because I knew the only type of auto sport I was going to do was 1/4 mile drag racing. It's not quite like street racing or running on the highway where you need to hold RPM in the right gear to get a jump on a rolling start. I don't see the auto as being a handicap in a drag race on a proper track.
The Auto is definitely a safer choice, but if you can master a stick, you can get better runs in a street car, simply because you get a solid connection to the ground.

The ISF has a clutch and a TC, and shifts in .1 seconds. IMO, that is the best of both worlds. Now it just needs about 700hp.

SheepStar

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
i never said i would do it with my truck.

and go **** yourself.
Sheep pisses off yet another forum member. Color me surprised. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Stang's getting FRPP springs and swaybars, Tokico struts and shocks, and 19's with Falken 255/40's installed today. It was kinda hard to sleep last night. Kinda like X-mas.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis