APC Silver Blowout Sale!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
my H15 came yesterday and I installed it today,out of the box perfect and it fired up just fine,

120v in and 120v out,all wiring ok,I like this thing. :)
here is a shelf I built behind the tv

and it fit just fine,doesn't matter that it's silver.
I'm so glad to see that your panoramic lens is working alright. Is anybody else forced to scroll all over the place to see these pic's or is it just me? I am so buying a widescreen monitor when I grow up. :)

BTW I think your window casing is on backwards. :eek:

S

soloz2

Junior Audioholic
yes,if you go to your account at the AH store,
then click on order order history
then view order history
and there will be a tracking number you can click on as soon as it's available,
it takes a couple or so business days for AH to process it and to get going in the UPS system
Thanks, I did look there. Still no tracking. I'll be patient...

Shintsu

Shintsu

Banned
Thanks, I did look there. Still no tracking. I'll be patient...
I ordered a C3 and emailed to ask and they said they were out of stock. It never updated or said anywhere they were out of stock when I ordered it but they said they would come in soon (I thought it said yesterday, but I still have no email with a tracking number).

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
I wouldn't worry too much, yet. About 200 tracking numbers were emailed this evening alone for todays APC shipments, but that still left quite a few backorders. Those will be shipped tomorrow or Monday when the next APC delivery is made, but by then there will be another couple hundred orders placed, and some of those will be backordered. So, even though there's a constant out-of-stock condition right now, 100's of orders are going out and hopefully nobody is waiting too long.

At some point APC is going to run out of these silver units, so if you want one at the sale price, I'd suggest ordering soon, and then as soloz2 said: be patient. At these prices, it's worth the wait.

S

soloz2

Junior Audioholic
I wouldn't worry too much, yet. About 200 tracking numbers were emailed this evening alone for todays APC shipments, but that still left quite a few backorders. Those will be shipped tomorrow or Monday when the next APC delivery is made, but by then there will be another couple hundred orders placed, and some of those will be backordered. So, even though there's a constant out-of-stock condition right now, 100's of orders are going out and hopefully nobody is waiting too long.

At some point APC is going to run out of these silver units, so if you want one at the sale price, I'd suggest ordering soon, and then as soloz2 said: be patient. At these prices, it's worth the wait.
Yep, received my tracking last night. It would have been nice to be alerted that they were backordered, but more were expeced in a few days. The website just says usually ships in 25 hours.

price silver vs. black... I don't care that much :D Besides it's going in my office, not the living room... that is unless I discover it's better than the Monster 5100 I have there already. Hopefully the H15 is better than the OneAC unit I have in the office now.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
I'm so glad to see that your panoramic lens is working alright. Is anybody else forced to scroll all over the place to see these pic's or is it just me? I am so buying a widescreen monitor when I grow up. :)

BTW I think your window casing is on backwards. :eek:
quit your ****in' sniveling

K

kyeo138

Audiophyte
This looks like an awesome deal, but I have a Tripplite Omni1000LCD UPS right now. I live in north NJ, and we do get a lot of brownouts.. but my UPS always kicks in and saves it.
Just wondering if there would be a benefit to using this in conjunction w/the UPS. If not, this can go in the bedroom :)

R

randy98ss

Audioholic Intern
THis is a great deal, but it also upsets me a little. I dont want this thread to beacome another MP bashing thread, but I have a HTS5100 and an AVS2000 that I paid close to $2000 for the both of them, and here is a quality peice that even at the original $500 is a steal over MP. Plus its half the size, the AVS 2000 is bigger then my RX-V3800.

Do these items, HTS 5100 and AVS2000, constitute as just metal boxes like the reveiw says?

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
The competion ........ PALES :)

:D :D JOKE :D :D

I saw in the paper Sunday an 8-port surge protector, home center from Monster for $129. UNBELIEVABLE

:D :D JOKE :D :D

Well, I actually purchased and installed two of the APC silver H-15s for $149.99 each . They are very nice, everything I expected them to be.

Good Luck!

P.S.- I was very pleased with the tracking and order fullfillment efficiency of Audioholics.

S

soloz2

Junior Audioholic
THis is a great deal, but it also upsets me a little. I dont want this thread to beacome another MP bashing thread, but I have a HTS5100 and an AVS2000 that I paid close to $2000 for the both of them, and here is a quality peice that even at the original $500 is a steal over MP. Plus its half the size, the AVS 2000 is bigger then my RX-V3800.

Do these items, HTS 5100 and AVS2000, constitute as just metal boxes like the reveiw says?
have you compared the HTS5100 to the H15?

S

soloz2

Junior Audioholic
my H15 arrived today. The feet are missing the decorative rings and there is a small nick in the faceplate. I haven't plugged it in yet but I'll have to contact the store tomorrow.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Objective comparison APC to Monster

have you compared the HTS5100 to the H15?

What you should look for: APC H15(blue) Monster HTS5100 (red)
Objective comparison of some features and metrics you should evlauate.

(1) Response time less than one nanosecond. APC(yes) Monster( ? )
(2) Clamping voltage under 400 Volts. APC (yes) Monster( ? )
(3) Joule capacityto handle your HT system 5,000 joules is a good number. APC (5270) Monster (3145)
(4) Warranty of Power conditioner 1 year, 10 years, lifetime- obviously lifetime is better. APC (Lifetime : $750000 ) Monster (5 yrs ;$500000)
(5) Noise filtering EMI/RFI Noise rejection (100 kHz to 10 mHz) 50 dB or greater APC(yes) Monster(yes)
(6) Voltage regulation 120v +/- 15 V APC(yes, wide,normal,narrow) Monster(No)
(7) if UPS at least 15 minute capacity. APC(NA) Monster(NA)
(8)outlets APC(12) Monster (10)
(9)Cost APC($149.99) Monster( low price $386)

You decide ?

Good Luck!

MidCow2

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja

(3) Joule capacityto handle your HT system 5,000 joules is a good number. APC (5270) Monster (3145)
(4) Warranty of Power conditioner 1 year, 10 years, lifetime- obviously lifetime is better. APC (Lifetime : $750000 ) Monster (5 yrs ;$500000)
(5) Noise filtering EMI/RFI Noise rejection (100 kHz to 10 mHz) 50 dB or greater APC(yes) Monster(yes)

You decide ?

Good Luck!

MidCow2
Good stuff MC2.

R

randy98ss

Audioholic Intern

You decide ?

Good Luck!

MidCow2

So it sounds like a have a two metal black boxes with really cool red and blue numbers flashing on the display.

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
I haven't found any info out there that suggests the H15 is better at voltage stabilization than the AVS2000, not to say it hasn't been evaluated somewhere. I used to own the AVS, it was a monster varaic that kept a very tight voltage tolerance around 120VAC. The APC unit isn't designed the same way, it will correct voltage irregularities but not with the same accuracy as the Monster unit.

I also used to have the HTS5100, it has more sequencing/delay options than the H15 and more cable/satellite connections than the H15. Those seem to be the only advantages though.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I don't think the voltage needs to be strictly regulated to exactly 120 volts at all times, since electronics are designed to operate withing a specified range. The H15 does a good job of boosing and cutting the voltage when needed. I keep mine on narrow, and pretty much the only time it has to trim the voltage is when my HT equipment is off, and the PC connected to it is the only thing on, but once I turn everything else on, the light goes off and the voltage is back to normal.

S

soloz2

Junior Audioholic
I have the 5100 MKII version and it is rated at 6814 Joules vs the 5200 of the H15. I may throw the H15 in my living room setup to compare the two if I get a chance. But it looks like the H15 was clearly better than the original monster 5100, but the current version might be better if you don't need the voltage regulation.

My power is usually right around 119-121v anyway (according to my 5100)

S

skipper-b

Audiophyte
Sweet Silver

I bought 2 that arrived yesterday. A great deal!

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
IF I had some money, I would definitely get one. The wind around here messed up the power for a while and I thought all my equipment was dead! :eek:

At least with the APC, it would have told me what was going on before I busted out my multimeter.

K

Ket

Audiophyte
Skeptic until now

I didn't have any expectations being that I didn't really believe in the effectiveness of powerconditioners. I just got my H15 today and was trully blown away by the improvement it had on my audio system. The APC worked perfectly right out of the box. I guess I am one of the lucky few, in this forum anyway, who's had no issues. The improvements were obvious and immediate. I am a true convert. I notice a significant improvement in the overall noise floor. Transients attack with more verve and with a higher sense of realism. I also notice improvements in frequency extension in both extremes. My Rotel integrated seems to have new life and vitality. Not what I expected at all. I honestly bought the H15 on a whim because it was so cheap. I figured it was worth investigating for the low $$ amount.

Many audiophiles, me included, subscribe to plugging amps directly into the outlet believing that powerconditioners and VR systems will only starve the powersupplies. I still believe this theory holds true for higher power gear with more roboust and sophisticated power supplies. All I know is that the H15 benefited my budget Rotel system in a significant way. Its not psychological; my ears tell me so. I am eager to test the H15 in my Bryston system now.

In the mean time... I'm gonna savor the sounds of my budget system. Rotel RA971 amp, RCD1071 cdp, B&W 603S2, MIT cables.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis