Monster Cable is Back! Sues Mini-Golf Company

J

jamie2112

Banned
You may not wish them harm but I myself hope they crash and burn from this outcry. I am sure they won't as they have their claws in the right places to continue to swindle to public. I really hope this affects their buisness in a negative way....

P

pbenj

Enthusiast
Multi-Prong approach...

Sadly, I have purchased one Monster product about 8 years ago from a local BB located in North Attleboro, MA. It was a regularly priced $80 component video cable I paid $40 because it was a previously returned and opened package.

Below I suggest the following multi-prong approach to get the most attention to this matter.

1) March 1, 2009, mass pruchase of Monster products at BB, CC, Fry's etc... and return within the return period

2) Register the Marks "Monster Barn Fire" and "Monster Tactics"

2) Contact the media and inform them of upcoming Monster Barn Fire with informing them of the reason and cause for the event.

3) Have a Monster Barn Fire to burn all purchased MC products with live media coverage

4) Never buy another Monster product

5) Spread the word of "Monster Tactics" to others educating them of Monster Tactics and encouraging them to boycott monster products

M

MonsterMiniGolf

Junior Audioholic
Update!

Okay,
A lot has happened in the last week or so, and while nothing is final yet, we do want to give all of the good people here at Audioholics the first update....

Christina and I have been on the phone directly with Noel and Kevin Lee, around the clock for the last few days......without lawyers.....and it is the first sign of actual progress we've had in the last year.

Noel and Kevin as people, have been a lot easier to work with without their lawyers, and we have all been able to learn a lot about each other as people.
If all goes according to plan, we hope to have this settled to everyone's satifaction (Including you....the supportive community) by close of business on Monday. So far, the talks have been reasonable, respectful, and productive, and we think you'll all be pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

We'll update you on Monday with the details, but you'll be happy to know that there will be NO gag orders or confidentiality agreements. We will all be free to discuss this in detail, but we do want to wait until Monday when it is in writing, so as not to "jinx" it. (Yes, the lawyers do have to write the final draft, so it's not over yet.)
Details to come....but we feel it's shaping up to be a fair outcome for everyone.
-Patrick and Christina Vitagliano

R

Ray Kimber

Audioholic Intern
Okay,

... Noel and Kevin as people, have been a lot easier to work with without their lawyers, and we have all been able to learn a lot about each other as people. ...

I feel that David Tognotti just flat lied to me years ago. In the back of my mind I have often wondered if Noel wasn't getting legal advice that was running up billable hours. Ever hear of IP rainmaking?

Monster Cable might be surprised at the positive response they would get if they openly made amends and "corrected" their course. The only one that should be gagged is a certain person who's name rhymes with naughty.

Cautiously optimistic here. C'mon MC give me a good reason to leave my tee-shirts home!

Ray

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Does anyone know if that litigation against BJC was ever resolved or if it is still ongoing? I was following the story, but that's been along time ago now.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Does anyone know if that litigation against BJC was ever resolved or if it is still ongoing? I was following the story, but that's been along time ago now.
MC dropped that against Blue Jeans. They didn't have a leg to stand on so they got out. Now they are going to get more bad press at CES and I hope its national news...

Soundman

Soundman

MC dropped that against Blue Jeans. They didn't have a leg to stand on so they got out. Now they are going to get more bad press at CES and I hope its national news...
Hahah! Sweet! :D I sure hope so. It's about time somebody stood up to them. Let's get some counter suits going! Maybe then they would stop the frivilous lawsuits. But then again this is Monster we're talking about. Maybe the bad press will help though. :)

jinjuku

jinjuku

I feel that David Tognotti just flat lied to me years ago. In the back of my mind I have often wondered if Noel wasn't getting legal advice that was running up billable hours. Ever hear of IP rainmaking?

Monster Cable might be surprised at the positive response they would get if they openly made amends and "corrected" their course. The only one that should be gagged is a certain person who's name rhymes with naughty.

Cautiously optimistic here. C'mon MC give me a good reason to leave my tee-shirts home!

Ray
Mr. Tognotti is a liar by the way. He may even be habitual... I spoke with him on 12/11/08 at approximately 10AM EST.

I mentioned the dropping of any action against BJC. He told me flat out "Who said we are done with him yet?" he then went on to say that there had been further correspondence that the general public wasn't privileged to between MC and BJC.

Mr. Denke let me know that neither him nor his council had been contacted by MC for quite some time.

A

Andie

Audiophyte
We'll update you on Monday with the details, but you'll be happy to know that there will be NO gag orders or confidentiality agreements. We will all be free to discuss this in detail, but we do want to wait until Monday when it is in writing, so as not to "jinx" it. (Yes, the lawyers do have to write the final draft, so it's not over yet.)
Details to come....but we feel it's shaping up to be a fair outcome for everyone.
So--I'm waiting with baited breath! Beyond this forum, though, what can I do to send a message to the world, to make this nonsense end!
--Andie

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
So--I'm waiting with baited breath! Beyond this forum, though, what can I do to send a message to the world, to make this nonsense end!
--Andie
Tell your friends what a bully Monster Cable is:mad:

They will not change.:mad:

M

MonsterMiniGolf

Junior Audioholic
Settlement Update

Just thought I'd send everyone an update....

Well, the world has spoken and asked Monster Cable to basically "Put up or Shut up"....and (are you sitting down.....?) They listened.

We've been on the phone for about a week with Noel Lee and Kevin Lee, without the lawyers, and as of yesterday we signed an agreement which includes legal reimbursement, an apology, dropping their oppositions to our trademarks and allowing us to register them (without a license agreement), no gag-order, no canned public statements, and most importantly....
(And this is the one that EVERYONE wanted.....)
Noel has pledged personally to re-evaluate MC's position in the future in regards to trademark enforcement, and promises to be personally involved with all future oppositions.
This is huge, because what it means is that this is not likely to happen again in the future.

In return, we are respectfully hanging up our rifles and calling off our ongoing war efforts, and breathing a sigh of relief that this is finally over.

It was actually amazing to see what could be accomplished on a human-to-human level, without all of the lawyers present, stinking things up. Both parties got to air their grievances, and develop an understanding of each other's positions.
Don't get me wrong, we are not "Friends" all of the sudden, but after those walls were down, we were able to settle our differences with a mutual respect for each other's businesses, which was far more productive than lawyers trying to see who could fire the biggest missile.

I just wanted to share this information with you, and thank you all for getting behind this cause. Without the greater voice of the audio community, we may never have gotten this far. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask, as there is no gag-order in place and we are free to discuss this openly. The message we want to get across here, is this....
The world spoke, and Monster Cable listened, and we couldn't be happier with the results.
-Patrick Vitagliano

Also, Christina (my wife) will be posting later with more details, including a copy of the letter that Noel Lee sent to us, so you have the info from all sides. Again, thank you!

jinjuku

jinjuku

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

This is great news and I am sure that all here are happy for you.:D:);)

J

jamie2112

Banned
That is really good news Patrick. I am glad to hear that you all are getting all of the fees taken care of and your name is now YOURS...what great news. Thanks for sharing....

Nemo128

Nemo128

Just thought I'd send everyone an update....

Well, the world has spoken and asked Monster Cable to basically "Put up or Shut up"....and (are you sitting down.....?) They listened.

We've been on the phone for about a week with Noel Lee and Kevin Lee, without the lawyers, and as of yesterday we signed an agreement which includes legal reimbursement, an apology, dropping their oppositions to our trademarks and allowing us to register them (without a license agreement), no gag-order, no canned public statements, and most importantly....
(And this is the one that EVERYONE wanted.....)
Noel has pledged personally to re-evaluate MC's position in the future in regards to trademark enforcement, and promises to be personally involved with all future oppositions.
This is huge, because what it means is that this is not likely to happen again in the future.

In return, we are respectfully hanging up our rifles and calling off our ongoing war efforts, and breathing a sigh of relief that this is finally over.

It was actually amazing to see what could be accomplished on a human-to-human level, without all of the lawyers present, stinking things up. Both parties got to air their grievances, and develop an understanding of each other's positions.
Don't get me wrong, we are not "Friends" all of the sudden, but after those walls were down, we were able to settle our differences with a mutual respect for each other's businesses, which was far more productive than lawyers trying to see who could fire the biggest missile.

I just wanted to share this information with you, and thank you all for getting behind this cause. Without the greater voice of the audio community, we may never have gotten this far. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask, as there is no gag-order in place and we are free to discuss this openly. The message we want to get across here, is this....
The world spoke, and Monster Cable listened, and we couldn't be happier with the results.
-Patrick Vitagliano

Also, Christina (my wife) will be posting later with more details, including a copy of the letter that Noel Lee sent to us, so you have the info from all sides. Again, thank you!
I believe this resolution, for those who believe in leaving dead issues rest, may allow Monster Cable, and specifically Noel Lee, to regain some respect. I for one would consider re-evaluating my distaste for them if things like this don't happen again.

E

esross

Audiophyte
Thanks Patrick. To everyone here, Monster wants you to know that we're seeing and hearing all the criticisms levelled against us -- from this ex-lawsuit and others -- and this year we're going to change things around, starting here.

Of course, it won't happen overnight. But we hope you'll give us another look later on. Thanks.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Thanks Patrick. To everyone here, Monster wants you to know that we're seeing and hearing all the criticisms levelled against us -- from this ex-lawsuit and others -- and this year we're going to change things around, starting here.

Of course, it won't happen overnight. But we hope you'll give us another look later on. Thanks.
Eric,

I am really at a cross roads with MC. I really am.

On one hand I am glad that MMG is finally through this crap storm but sad to see the MC isn't going to very likely get their a** paddled in court for all to see.

On one hand I am glad MC has stopped this patently ridiculous action but sad to see that it took this level of public outcry (TV/NPR/Enthusiast forums).

On one hand I am glad MC stopped but on the other dismayed that they even thought to start this in first place.

On one hand I am glad MC stopped but disappointed that they aren't stopping for the 'righteous' reason that they should be stopping for.

That is what I see in MC up to this point. The future however is totally in Mr. Lee's hands.

Lets have no more suing a couple that teaches kids how to snow board/ski.
Lets have no more suing a disabled women selling used vintage clothing.
Lets have no more suing a guy that runs a costume shop online.
Lets have no more suing a competitor over dress patent where form simply follows function.

Mr. Tognotti needs to be shown the door. MC's real problem is that all these forums, all these posts, will be around for years to come. Do a google search for Monster Cable and one only has to scroll down a quarter of a page to find what MC is really all about.

Why anyone would say thanks to MC in this forum is beyond me...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Why anyone would say thanks to MC in this forum is beyond me...
If that's referring to me, it was because I wanted to show my support of them changing their ways. I don't appreciate or agree with a lot of what they do, but I'll acknowledge a post like that. Don't take it too seriously, though...I thank posts with pictures of people in chicken suits. :D

B

boycott MC

Banned
I don't believe a word of this .
Mr/ Lee is a Liar and will continue to harass
people like Monster Mini Golf. The Boycott is ON !!
MARCH 1 2009 BOYCOTT MONSTER CABLE. PUT NOEL LEE OUT OF BUSINESS !!!

PEOPLE DO NOT GIVE UP !!!
THIS IS JUST A PLOY TO DESEIVE YOU

KEEP THE CAMPANE GOING !!!
BOYCOTT MONSTER CABLE !!!!

B

boycott MC

Banned
I don't believe a word of this .
Mr/ Lee is a Liar and will continue to harass
people like Monster Mini Golf. The Boycott is
ON !!

MARCH 1 2009 BOYCOTT MONSTER CABLE. PUT NOEL LEE OUT OF BUSINESS !!!

PEOPLE DO NOT GIVE UP !!!
THIS IS JUST A PLOY TO DESEIVE YOU

KEEP THE CAMPAIGN GOING !!!
BOYCOTT MONSTER CABLE !!!!

MARCH 1 2009

Mr. Lee is sorry that we screamed at him !
NOT FOR SUEING MMG

BOYCOTT MONSTER CABLE !!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis