Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
I was thinking about going on a diet but I talked myself out if it. Maybe one day. who knows
I was going to join the National Procrastinators Club - but never got around to it... :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Good luck on the move, Sensi. I'm just moving crap from one room to another, and I'm hurting. Well, that and I'm still painting. Uggg. I haven't been on here in a few days because my carpet comes tomorrow morning, and I'm desperately trying to get ready. As it turns out, I have a significant number of little things lying around - all of which need to be put somewhere else. And the paint. Uggg.

I did put my first intentional hole into drywall this afternoon. Much less stressful than the unintentional ones were. :D I installed the frame for one of three binding post wall plates. After I finish painting (uggg), I still need to cut up the carpet, put down the flat speaker wire on the slab, and get it routed past the tack strips and through the drywall. I've already given up on the idea of removing my baseboards to route it. That would be a real pain, I think.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Good luck on the move, Sensi. I'm just moving crap from one room to another, and I'm hurting. Well, that and I'm still painting. Uggg. I haven't been on here in a few days because my carpet comes tomorrow morning, and I'm desperately trying to get ready. As it turns out, I have a significant number of little things lying around - all of which need to be put somewhere else. And the paint. Uggg.

I did put my first intentional hole into drywall this afternoon. Much less stressful than the unintentional ones were. :D I installed the frame for one of three binding post wall plates. After I finish painting (uggg), I still need to cut up the carpet, put down the flat speaker wire on the slab, and get it routed past the tack strips and through the drywall. I've already given up on the idea of removing my baseboards to route it. That would be a real pain, I think.
Hang in the mate..... there's light in the tunnel... I have been through 6 months of hell redoing every room in a very old house... now things are starting to shape up and things are starting to look well... and.....
I will probably move in less than 7 months

I hate that work tooooooooooooooooo

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, there's still a bunch of things to move back and clean up, but the carpet installers just left...so my flooring install is done! Well, kinda...the tile guys need to fix some things...but mostly done!

Some snapshots that shows the tile and carpet before and after, as well as the paint color in the kitchen (the photos don't show the colors well, but you can see the difference in shading for sure):

Before

After

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
BTW, the carpet installers were TOTALLY different than the tile guys. Very friendly and talkative - and no smoking. It was a pleasure doing business with them.

I can't wait to get the home theater hooked back up. I'm going to watch a bit of TV and crash tonight. Three and a half hours of sleep Wednesday night, and two last night (only because I overslept). I didn't get all of the painting done that I wanted - in fact, I didn't get to the master bedroom or the hallway - but now I won't worry about it. I did, however, get my flat speaker wire run under the carpet. Woohoo! I sure as heck hope it works. In my last minute rush, I didn't take the time to check the continuity before installing it. I only have a wallplate on one wall, and I sure wish that I would have had (umm, made) a bit more time to get the back wall plates installed before the carpet went down. It'll be a bit trickier now.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Well Adam this is really really nice..... and what I especially like is the ceiling and how much "air" this kind of ceiling provides, nice stuff indeed.... Hard to see change in colours of walls on pics, but tiles look way way better, and carpet too..... :cool:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Perhaps a better indicator of the old versus new carpet. I still have the original carpet in three rooms, pending what I decide to put in there. I would have liked to get the new carpet in one of the guest bedrooms, but I honestly couldn't imagine where I would have put all of my stuff had I done that.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
So how are we going to do around here when Sensi is getting into a new house, sure this is going to be very moving...

I'm possible going to be out of the AH posting business for a while too from Monday till 01.11, not enough time to post around here then coz I will have a lady and her son to attend to :D:D so.... I'm still alive even if you don't hear from me for a long time.....

Really look forward to catch up on the boring thread after my time off.....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Enjoy your time off, Harald! It's going to be more boring without you, although ironically this thread won't have as many posts...

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
BTW, the carpet installers were TOTALLY different than the tile guys. Very friendly and talkative - and no smoking. It was a pleasure doing business with them.

I can't wait to get the home theater hooked back up. I'm going to watch a bit of TV and crash tonight. Three and a half hours of sleep Wednesday night, and two last night (only because I overslept). I didn't get all of the painting done that I wanted - in fact, I didn't get to the master bedroom or the hallway - but now I won't worry about it. I did, however, get my flat speaker wire run under the carpet. Woohoo! I sure as heck hope it works. In my last minute rush, I didn't take the time to check the continuity before installing it. I only have a wallplate on one wall, and I sure wish that I would have had (umm, made) a bit more time to get the back wall plates installed before the carpet went down. It'll be a bit trickier now.
Sounds like April's fool to me :cool::cool: friendly and talkative people working on the house.... he he he he
I thought they all were bastards :p

Enjoy your time off, Harald! It's going to be more boring without you, although ironically this thread won't have as many posts...
Thanks a lot Adam, can't tell how much I've been looking forward to this X-mas :D:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hee, hee! I'm excited because I just checked the continuity of the under-carpet wires that I ran (and the connections at the one wall plate). BAM! At least one of the four-conductor cables is working perfectly, and that's all that I need for now. Hopefully the other one is at 100%, too, but I know now that I won't need to run cables along the floor like I had for eight years.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Hee, hee! I'm excited because I just checked the continuity of the under-carpet wires that I ran (and the connections at the one wall plate). BAM! At least one of the four-conductor cables is working perfectly, and that's all that I need for now. Hopefully the other one is at 100%, too, but I know now that I won't need to run cables along the floor like I had for eight years.
Oh yes indeed, that makes a difference :cool:

Looks like your dog approves the new carpets too

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh yes indeed, that makes a difference :cool:
Huge difference. It's so nice not having those wires, although I admit that I was completely used to them after 8.5 years. It's odd walking through the doorway to my hall without having to walk over them. :) BTW, all eight under-carpet speaker wire conductors are working! Woohoo!

Looks like your dog approves the new carpets too
I think she does! She'll be a little inconvenienced for about a week (my mental break-in period) because I'll wipe her paws off when we come home from walks, but the routine will get back to normal pretty quick. I just wonder what I'm going to do about dinner - I always ate on the carpet and gave her snacks. I don't want to do that now, though...

The padding and carpet are soooo much higher in quality than the original stuff. Heck, the pad alone looked nicer when they put it down than the original carpet.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For anyone intested, there will be a live broadcast of the solstice sunrise at the 5000-year-old tomb of Newgrange in Ireland tomorrow morning (courtesy of NASA's picture of the day for today.)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Huge difference. It's so nice not having those wires, although I admit that I was completely used to them after 8.5 years. It's odd walking through the doorway to my hall without having to walk over them. :) BTW, all eight under-carpet speaker wire conductors are working! Woohoo!
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

I think she does! She'll be a little inconvenienced for about a week (my mental break-in period) because I'll wipe her paws off when we come home from walks, but the routine will get back to normal pretty quick. I just wonder what I'm going to do about dinner - I always ate on the carpet and gave her snacks. I don't want to do that now, though...

The padding and carpet are soooo much higher in quality than the original stuff. Heck, the pad alone looked nicer when they put it down than the original carpet.
I guess this makes a difference to your mood when coming home from work, getting into this nice "new" room

Any hope of getting your dog into the practice of wiping paws off before entering the room... I have a female cat .... absolutely impossible to teach her things.... well... the cat knows very well what she's allowed to do or not, but when I'm not there she does exactly the things she knows are not allowed

Perhsps your dog.... or dogs in general.... are easier :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
In the mood for a bargain?

Costco has 15-pounds of Japanese Wagyu beef for the rock bottom price of only $2300. Yep, 15-pounds. That includes shipping and handling, ladies and gentlemen. Now, you just can't beat that.

:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
In the mood for a bargain?

Costco has 15-pounds of Japanese Wagyu beef for the rock bottom price of only $2300. Yep, 15-pounds. That includes shipping and handling, ladies and gentlemen. Now, you just can't beat that.

:D
That's almost as good a deal as the Omelette they showed at a David Letterman show
$1000,- for one omelette :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah...right. :D
So your dog is so intelligent that you can't outsmart it :D

Remember hitch hikers guide to the galaxy.....
The smartest creatures in the universe is the small white mice..... perhaps your dog is up the close to the mice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis