MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone picked this up yet?

GameStop has been calling me to pickup my copy, I haven't gotten over there yet.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
I'll try to Tuesday.... but I may have to eat during the week sometime :eek:

Spkr_Bldr

Spkr_Bldr

Full Audioholic
I'm scared to buy this one ... same developers that did COD3, which scares me. And back to WWII setting, which has just been done too much.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I noticed in a recent discussion of it that they said that Infinity Ward (COD4) helped them out on this one, though I still think it will not be as good as COD4.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
Over at AVS it seems to be getting some really good reviews. A couple of buddies and I are trying to decide what to get, COD5 or R2.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It does use the same engine as COD4 also, so there is hope. I've heard mixed reviews so far.

I thought COD3 was absolute garbage. You might as well have been playing the PS2 version.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
It does use the same engine as COD4 also, so there is hope. I've heard mixed reviews so far.
It sounds like they made COD4 successfully translate to WWII without screwing up anything major. Since I haven't really played any WWII shooters, and I loved COD4, I am interested in this. Still holding off a little bit though, $60 seems a lot for a game that I really don't have time to play anyway! :D

M

Mw`

Junior Audioholic
Was in the beta...it's COD4 with a WW2 skin. If you liked 4 you'll like 5, but not something I'd spend $65 on with everything else cranking out right now.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
COD5 will be worth a rent for sure, not going to purchase it. Having to much fun with Gears right now.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
COD5 will be worth a rent for sure, not going to purchase it. Having to much fun with Gears right now.
Makes me wish that Netflix would rent games like BB does (or, at least, did the last time I went there).

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
You got that right! That game is stupid but really fun and BEAUTIFUL!!! (I own it on PC)
I was really referring to Gears of War 2, but yeah Gears of War (1) is a hoot!:) Both very good games.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
My buddy bought it for PS3 and beat it pretty quick. He left it at my house for me to play, and I currently have COD4 for the 360, and the gameplay on COD5 isn't much better, and the graphics are about the same, although it does look very nice. I have been so busy plaing the campaign that I haven't spent much time playing the mulitplayer, but the 2 games I did play were pretty good... but overall I would say it's just COD4 in a WWII setting... Hopefully Infinity Ward will stay with the modern combat theme for COD6.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It IS COD4, since it is Infinity Ward's engine they used to make it :)

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah I played this for a few hours and was nearly bored out of my mind......one of the only good parts of the game is when they storm Iwa Jima I think it is and thats about it

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't think the single player campaign was that good in COD4 either. Multiplayer was what was/is so fun.

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
I didn't think the single player campaign was that good in COD4 either. Multiplayer was what was/is so fun.
I thought the same thing until I played it on the hardest diffuculty. You feel like you really accomplished something when you beat it.

*SPOILER*Although you can't beat a main character dying in the game.*SPOILER*

$

$aba

Audiophyte
call of duty 5 sucks i cant wait for the next one this call of duty has no replay value

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis