G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone pick this up today? I just got back from Best Buy and will be booting it up in a few. I didn't get to play the beta but and only reason I bought was because IGN said it is one of the best multiplayer games to come along in a very long time.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
I am thinking about it. I have a thirty dollar best buy gift card to use up. I just need to research to see if there is anything better coming out in the next couple of months.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Don't have a PS3 but the art/design from the ads makes it look pretty cool.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I am thinking about it. I have a thirty dollar best buy gift card to use up. I just need to research to see if there is anything better coming out in the next couple of months.
This game seems very promising. If I had a PS3 I would be buying it. As to if anything better coming out in the next couple of months, if you have an xbox 360 Gears of War 2 is being released on Nov 7 (his Friday). Gears of War 2 will hold its own in every single aspect with Resistance 2.

Last edited:
Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Hey Mikey, I think he likes it!

I've been playing it since it came out and it's a pretty good improvement over the original. Gigantic enemies kind of lend a God of War feel to some part without the mini-game type of play. It just feels cool to take out something that appears to be towering 20 stories above you and you can't just sit in one place and shoot it. There is definately some strategy involved. The first time you go outside during the game and see the size of the landscape and some of these huge alien machines your jaw will drop. I've also yet to experience any slow-down or framerate drops even with tons of moving objects on screen.
I still enjoyed the first Resistance and this one should have even better replay value.

For those interested, here's a link to the IGN review of Resistance 2:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/924/924372p1.html
They gave it a 9.5 overall. Here's the breakdown:

9.0 Presentation
A continuation of the launch title franchise, Resistance 2 continues the battle against the Chimera. Lack of a narrator does hamper some of the cohesiveness of the game, however.

9.0 Graphics
Resistance 2 does have some weird technical and visual glitches, but the sheer number of enemies on screen at once adds to the feeling of a massive battle for humanity.

9.0 Sound
Otherworldly sounds coupled with great voice acting and ambient effects heighten the action of the game.

9.5 Gameplay
Single-player is a great experience with an epic scale to the campaign, but adding co-op and competitive play within the game only serves to augment the overall gameplay.

9.5 Lasting Appeal
A fast paced 10 hour single-player campaign with multiple unlockables and difficulty levels are matched with extra multiplayer modes, gameplay options and community features.

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
Pretty good game. Kind of reminds me of Turok, which IMO was a good game also.

Spkr_Bldr

Spkr_Bldr

Full Audioholic
I bought it and beat the single player campaign in about 8 hours play time, way too short if you ask me. I didn't think it was much of an improvement over the first Resistance. But the first was a great game, R2 is just too much like the first ... the biggest difference is the BIG monsters you have to beat. But even then, most of the big bosses are kinda lame, you just keep shooting until they die.

I think R2 is simply outclassed by games like Metal Gear 4 and COD4. It's a good game, just that it doesn't do anything new or outstanding.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Multiplayer is where Resistance 2 really shines. I have yet to beat the campaign because I have been enjoying multiplayer so much. I gave that had very good single player but only got decent reviews war Star Wars: Force Unleashed. IMO one of the best SW games to come out in a long time since KOTOR 2 and Jedi Outcast.

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
I just bought a PS3 today and Resistance 2. I bought it from buy.com however, so the waiting game begins. I'll be interested in seeing how their online co-op works. My brother did the same thing so we'll be trying it out.

Matt34

Matt34

I just bought a PS3 today and Resistance 2. I bought it from buy.com however, so the waiting game begins. I'll be interested in seeing how their online co-op works. My brother did the same thing so we'll be trying it out.

I'm waiting for my copy as well but I've been occupied with Fallout 3 and Star Wars: Unleashed demo.

R

RoninStang

Audiophyte
I'm half way through R2 and its been great so far.

Its not quite as dark as R1 but still awesome. I do miss the british woman narrating though.

duffy0401

Audiophyte
I bought it when it came out and beat it very quickly. It was a good game but way to short. I'm not a fan of the on-line play although it's not bad.

m3Ch

m3Ch

Enthusiast
The online play is pretty cool, I love this game. By the way, the co-op is great too, it's like having 3 games for the price of one.

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
I think the online play is awesome. Getting into those 30 vs 30 games is a blast, even if I do die all the time. I like the fact that you can play ranked games online and match up with people of similar skills than you.

The campaign was ok, I wasn't a big fan of the last level, seemed kind of weak to me but oh well, the gameplay was still really fun.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I'm not much of a gamer, which means to say I have an XBox and a PS3 and I rarely find time to play games, but when I find a game, I'm like a junkie on crack, I'll play it till I'm done. I'm almost done with Resistance1 and have to say thisgame is friggin AWESOME!!!! I so look forward to 2 and thanks for the detailed info on the graphics. Although will miss the female narration she sounded hot. But love choosing between old fashioned machine guns and laser weapons. Also loved the sniper rifle, that was the best in taking out long distance targets hiding behind stuff.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
I'm still finishing the first one, but I will some be playing through the new one. Looking forward to it.

C

ChilliPalmer

Audiophyte
I think R2 is slightly underrated. It got a bad rap for a somewhat weak and predictable campaign. I thought the campaign was very good. But what really stands out is the online coop and comp modes. These are more important to me anyways, because this is where your true replay value lies. I loved Resistance:fom, but the online was horrible. I think in R2 they have greatly improved the server setups, game modes, score keeping, and everything. Its a great game thats slowly getting alot of support. Gamebattles is already running a 50K prize pool 4v4 tournament!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis