Fable II Discussion Thread

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I finally got to spend a couple of hours with this game last night. I was very impressed with it, especially once I got to town. It the most "live" or "real" game I've experienced. I just thought it was cool listening to conversations, watching kids run around town, etc. And the dog seems like a great concept. Though I'm sure my real dogs do not dig the virtual fetch as much as I do...
Wait till you start gaining experience, I have built up my expression meter so that opens up more things with the characters. My dog is a level 3 treasure hunter so he is sniffing out treasuers left and right. I am trying to enjoy this game by taking my time through things and not rushing through the main quest/story (what I do with all RPG's). I could spend all day just roaming around completing jobs and side missions:).

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Wait till you start gaining experience, I have built up my expression meter so that opens up more things with the characters. My dog is a level 3 treasure hunter so he is sniffing out treasuers left and right. I am trying to enjoy this game by taking my time through things and not rushing through the main quest/story (what I do with all RPG's). I could spend all day just roaming around completing jobs and side missions:).
Stop it. Just stop it, your going to make me have to go out and buy an Xbox.;):D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Stop it. Just stop it, your going to make me have to go out and buy an Xbox.;):D
During my last play through my first wife divorced me, my 2nd wife died and child protective services took away the baby...damn...

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
During my last play through my first wife divorced me, my 2nd wife died and child protective services took away the baby...damn...
Whoa. Child protection services, now thats impressive.
I just maxed out the blacksmith job last night with about 3 hours, and bought as many houses and vendors stands as I could. I like numbers/economy type stuff, so it might be a while before I even bother to leave town.
I played a female character first this time because I'm poor at replaying games (Still need to replay Mass Effect), have one wife right now...

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Whoa. Child protection services, now thats impressive.
I just maxed out the blacksmith job last night with about 3 hours, and bought as many houses and vendors stands as I could. I like numbers/economy type stuff, so it might be a while before I even bother to leave town.
I played a female character first this time because I'm poor at replaying games (Still need to replay Mass Effect), have one wife right now...
Getting up to level 5 blacksmith along with level 5 wood cutter was one of the first things I did to earn some cash and like you I bought houses to earn more cash. I am also a level 5 bartender. I have not touched the the main story in the last 3 days. I have been interacting with people in town to earn gifts/potions, buying more houses (need to start buying stands), collecting bounties, doing assasination assignments as well as the temple of shadows side quest. I should start playing those pub games in town...only have played one so far in a losing effort.

KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
Damn, this game is addictive! Looks like the key to easy money is to blacksmith/bartend/wood chop like a MOFO and then buy and rent property....easy money baby! :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Damn, this game is addictive! Looks like the key to easy money is to blacksmith/bartend/wood chop like a MOFO and then buy and rent property....easy money baby! :D

Yup, and if you want to make money even faster raise the rent of each house to 100% (note: this will raise your corruption level, so if you are trying to be a hero, I would advise against it). BTW even though it is easy to make money in this game, I am still broke (I keep on buying houses like a MOFO:D). One of my goals is to buy every single piece of property in the game (thats a lot of property).

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
That was my goal too, to own everything in town!
Next I plan to buy the bar. Anyone know for sure how the 'making money even when you're not playing' works? My 360 no longer keeps time, it resets every day, which means when I continue the current time is before the last save time. I started last night and didn't see any big amounts of money made like I expected. So I set the time from 11/2005 to current, then restarted, and this time got 36k within a couple of minutes. I assume it must be capped. But it's going to be annoying having to set the time before I play every time now.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Did a main quest last night. Finished the crucible:D, its a very cool part of the game. You gain lots of experience in the process too. I am currently at level 3 and 4 and my dog is a level 5 treasure hunter. My melee weapon right now is a cleaver and using pistols for my ranged weapon.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
Where is everyone at in the game? :D:):D
I just got my first follower, the Hammer, have 3 wives, own everything in Oakridge, and now will be going back to Bowerstone to spend the rest of my current 130k gold on the rest of the buildings there (I own the inn/bar already). I need to go to the bookstore and learn a few things I think. All my wives are horny, and I don't know how to appease them. :eek: :eek: :(

M

MADCOW

Junior Audioholic
Too Short

Fable II, like the first Fable, is WAY too short.

I bought the game at 10:00am on the Tuesday it was realesed, as soon as the store opened, and by Wednesday night, (the next day), I had beat the game.

I admit, I did not do all the side quests, and open all the Demeon doors and stuff, but not everyone likes that stuff. The main quest should have been AT LEAST 5 times as long.

The main quest in this game is ridiculous. Just absolutely ridiculously short for a so called rpg. INfact, it would be short no matter what kind of game you compared it to.

I thought it was a good game, while it actually lasted, but not much better than the first Fable.

In all these years, they improved only a few minor things, and they couldn't even do a good job on co-op online play which at least would have gave the game serious replay value.

For 2008, this game is seriously lacking. It's a game that would have been very good by 2004 standards, in everything other than graphics in which it's up to todays, but not by today's in everything else.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Fable II, like the first Fable, is WAY too short.

II admit, I did not do all the side quests, and open all the Demeon doors and stuff, but not everyone likes that stuff. The main quest should have been AT LEAST 5 times as long.
Why would you rush through the main quest? I think it defeats the whole purpose of the game. You should have just rented it if you do that (you could even beat Oblivion's main quest on a rental). Any RPG is about taking your time exploring the world around you. I have invested around 15 hours into the game and am not even close to finishing anything yet. I try to do any of the sidequests available at the moment before I go on with the main quest.

I am finding myself just having a blast just trying to buy up all the houses, stores and stands in the game like armaraas is doing:D. The fact that you can pretty much buy everything I find really cool.

Fable II is not the longest RPG by any means but I think I will be investing 30-40 hours for the stuff I want to do with my character. That is only the first play through;). Then play as a hero the 2nd time through.:cool:

M

MADCOW

Junior Audioholic
I didn't rush, I just didn't do every single side quest. As it's supposed to be a ROLE PLAYING game, and in real life, I wouldn't do every single quest that came my way either. I like to make games like that as close to what I would do if I were the character as possible.

Oblivian took me way longer.

And my all time favourite rpg, KOTOR, took me over 60 hours the first time I played it, and that was without doing ALL the side quests either.

I understand what you are saying, but at the same time, you shouldn't have to go out of your way to make a game appear longer and to play it in a way you don't feel like playing it, just because the developers were to cheap to make it longer.

The game would have been better if the main quest was longer, no matter what way you look at it!

Also, there is not enough features that are exclusive to Fable II that were not in fable one. Not significant ones anway. It's too much like the same game. Not improved enough for the amount of time between the two.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
MADCOW

I am not going out of my way to make the game appear longer, I am doing the things that are meant to be done in the game. I am just extracting as much out of it as I can (the reason I purchase instead of rent).

If you are looking for a lengthy RPG I would suggest you play Fallout 3. It is much longer and a lot more challanging than Fable II (I have both). My only dillema is that there is not enough time in the day to play both.

M

MADCOW

Junior Audioholic
Well I am glad you are enjoying your overpriced Fable I ...

Since there is no Fable II, just a newer Fable I.

And, "intended to be done" my *** ... The only thing that should be "intended", is the enjoyment of the game! Which is hard to do, when it's pretty much identical to the original. Which is partially why I didn't do more of the sides. I did do some, just not all.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
And, "intended to be done" my *** ... The only thing that should be "intended", is the enjoyment of the game!
So the game developers created sidequests on the notion that they are not intended to be completed:rolleyes:.

M

MADCOW

Junior Audioholic
Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I meant!

No sarcasm here ...

:D

Even with the sides, it's a short game, and if you don't do every single one of them, it's simply ridiculous in length!
Also, if the side quests were any fun, I would have done more of them.

Game should have been longer ... period ..

Should have been better ... period ..

Was hardly better than the first Fable .. period.

Not worth the price tag ... period ...

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I meant!

No sarcasm here ...

:D

Even with the sides, it's a short game, and if you don't do every single one of them, it's simply ridiculous in length!
Also, if the side quests were any fun, I would have done more of them.

Game should have been longer ... period ..

Should have been better ... period ..

Was hardly better than the first Fable .. period.

Not worth the price tag ... period ...
Why did you buy it then:p? Maybe you should do a little reading before you go out and buy a game. It was well noted before its release that the main quest would take on average around 10 hours and if completing the side quests around 20-30 hours. I take my time with RPG's so it will take me a bit longer.

BTW, you can make the game longer by completing the side quests. New side quests open up after you complete the main story (I know that doesn't count as part of the game too you).

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis