NFL Football 2008-09

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Don't worry, everything will go right for the Chargers in London.
Before yesterday, I would have agreed with you. But I never know which Chargers team is going to show up on Sunday anymore. Our luck, Brees will have the game of his life on Sunday.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Man am I getting sick of watching this team that I don't even recognize anymore!!! :mad:

What the hell happened to our identity on defense?!?! The last couple of years, the Chargers would just absolutely dominate teams on defense. Yesterday, the linebackers and secondary looked like they were scared to make a tackle!!! How do you go from destroying the Pats one week, to playing like a bunch of girls the next?!?!? I don't even know what the problem is. It's the same guys as last year, minus Merriman. Sure, Shawne is a beast and a game-changer, but he's just one man!!! How could losing one guy completely emasculate a defense?!?!?

Ugh. The season isn't over yet, but that light at the end of the tunnel is looking pretty damn dim. :mad:
Sorry but the biggest problem with the chargers is their running game. They have the best all purpose back in the league and their running game is non-existent. If they could establish the run that opens so much up for their offense. IMO that is the main reason why they suck. Tomlinson had a hard time picking up 2-3 yards yesterday and was a non-factor.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sorry but the biggest problem with the chargers is their running game. They have the best all purpose back in the league and their running game is non-existent. If they could establish the run that opens so much up for their offense. IMO that is the main reason why they suck. Tomlinson had a hard time picking up 2-3 yards yesterday and was a non-factor.
Tomlinson is injured... he cannot cut the way he used to be able to cut. Watch him run and you'll see that he just cannot get through the hole quick enough. What they needed to do was to rest him and let his foot heal completely. The more he plays the worse it gets and the more healing time he needs. They need to sit him for a week or two and let Sproles get the start.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Before yesterday, I would have agreed with you. But I never know which Chargers team is going to show up on Sunday anymore. Our luck, Brees will have the game of his life on Sunday.
The Saints are like the Chargers this year. Extremely bipolar.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Tomlinson is injured... he cannot cut the way he used to be able to cut. Watch him run and you'll see that he just cannot get through the hole quick enough. What they needed to do was to rest him and let his foot heal completely. The more he plays the worse it gets and the more healing time he needs. They need to sit him for a week or two and let Sproles get the start.
Bringing up Sproles is a good point, this guy is a playmaker. Why don't they use more him. Pretty dumb coaching decisions if you ask me (never been a fan of norv turner). I could see using Sproles on short dunk passes and screens, teams are obvious afraid of this guy, use him more!

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Bringing up Sproles is a good point, this guy is a playmaker. Why don't they use more him. Pretty dumb coaching decisions if you ask me (never been a fan of norv turner). I could see using Sproles on short dunk passes and screens, teams are obvious afraid of this guy, use him more!
He's not an every down back b/c he's too small and I don't trust him as much between the tackles, but he's a devil to the outside (a la Reggie Bush or Trung Canidate) and is great on the screens. A screen pass or a swing pass is the same thing as a run, I agree they should use him more.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
The Colts just played like crap yesterday. They had SO many penalties. I think they have some leadership issues really.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
The Colts just played like crap yesterday. They had SO many penalties. I think they have some leadership issues really.
Give the Packers some credit. The defense did a pretty good job of shutting down Manning and his receivers.

I've kept my mouth shut this year and will continue to do so, as the Pack are a complete unknown game to game. But I will say they looked good yesterday.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Give the Packers some credit. The defense did a pretty good job of shutting down Manning and his receivers.

I've kept my mouth shut this year and will continue to do so, as the Pack are a complete unknown game to game. But I will say they looked good yesterday.
All of the Colt's penalties really helped the Packers score. I blame alot of the loss on those. It made life much easier for the Packers.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Last year was supposed to be our year. Then this year was supposed to be our year. You know what I keep thinking about? That Jimmy Fallon movie where he's a die-hard Red Sox fan, (pre-World Series win).

"You love the Chargers. But have they ever loved you back?"

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Man, I watched the Saints vs Chargers. Chargers almost got the win, but just couldn't quite pull it off.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

There was nothing pretty about it, but I LOVE the way we pulled out that game. Defense was solid, and in the end the offense made the plays when they absolutely needed to to. Big win on the road in a tough place to play. G-MEN!!!!!! :D

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Man, I watched the Saints vs Chargers. Chargers almost got the win, but just couldn't quite pull it off.
It's obscene that it even got close. The Saints were destroying them for three solid quarters.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
It's obscene that it even got close. The Saints were destroying them for three solid quarters.
I can't believe they Payton opted for the safty:eek:. I mean what if SD scores they win the game outright. All the Monday morning QB's would've had a field day.

How about those Chargers and poor Nerv Turner.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I can't believe they Payton opted for the safty:eek:. I mean what if SD scores they win the game outright. All the Monday morning QB's would've had a field day.

How about those Chargers and poor Nerv Turner.
Yeah, that was.. an odd decision. Though it did take away 2 or 3 potential downfield throws.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Last year was supposed to be our year. Then this year was supposed to be our year. You know what I keep thinking about? That Jimmy Fallon movie where he's a die-hard Red Sox fan, (pre-World Series win).

"You love the Chargers. But have they ever loved you back?"
You must at least be happy that LDT was back to form yesterday. He should hopefully come out shooting after the bye week...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis