NFL Football 2008-09

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Should of listened to Steven. Should have known better. I do know better. Back to humble Giants fan hoping for competitive team.

Bleah hate the taste of crow.:(

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
It's all good. The curse of the perfect season has been lifted. Now the Giants can breathe a sigh of relief. Don't forget, they were 10-6 going into the playoffs.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The Giants got the kick in the pants they needed to keep them from becoming complacent. They should learn from their ars whoopin' and be a better team for it.
Hopefully, it will give the Browns the confidence they need to have a good season.

I knew that it would go bad for the Giants last night. There was way too much talk of how great they were. If they said "undefeated Super Bowl champs" one more time, I was going to puke. (And I'm a fan) They play much better when no one notices them.
A huge burden was lifted from their shoulders, as well. This thing had grown larger than anyone had ever imagined, larger than even the Giants thought it'd swell. Remember, it began on the final day of the 2007 season, the last time they walked off the field in defeat, when they served notice against the undefeated Patriots. Their epic roll began from there.

They won eight straight games, including playoffs. They beat the Patriots in a rematch, this time with bigger stakes. Their road streak ballooned to 11 straight, hard to imagine. And this ride took them here, to a place where the home team was backpedaling to nowhere, to the most prestigious night of the football week. Not only were the Giants defending champs, at 4-0 they were a perfect team in an imperfect league and found themselves on top of the football world. Still.

And now?

"This loss did a great thing for us," defensive end Justin Tuck said. "Now we go back to square one and move on."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/ny-sbpow145883097oct14,0,3434423.column

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Works been crazy and I've been sick the last couple of days.

I can't believe no one gave my boys credit for whoopin' up on the Pats?!?!? :D True, it's the Brady-less Pats, but it was some small measure of redemption. The D finally started playing up to their potential. QJ absolutely SHUT DOWN Moss. I love it.

Never would have taken the bet that the Browns would have beat the Giants though, (even though I was rooting for them. ;))

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Works been crazy and I've been sick the last couple of days.

I can't believe no one gave my boys credit for whoopin' up on the Pats?!?!? :D True, it's the Brady-less Pats, but it was some small measure of redemption. The D finally started playing up to their potential. QJ absolutely SHUT DOWN Moss. I love it.

Never would have taken the bet that the Browns would have beat the Giants though, (even though I was rooting for them. ;))
Get ready for the Bills this sunday!!!!!!!!!:p They are coming of a bye week.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Get ready for the Bills this sunday!!!!!!!!!:p They are coming of a bye week.
Should be a good 'un. I admittedly don't know much about the Bills, but I assume they're not 4-1 for nothin'.

Hopefully they crush the Bills, then it's off to London to play the Saints. Wish I could go to that one. :D

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Should be a good 'un. I admittedly don't know much about the Bills, but I assume they're not 4-1 for nothin'.

Hopefully they crush the Bills, then it's off to London to play the Saints. Wish I could go to that one. :D
That is an awful travel schedule. Chargers are going to be like the walking dead...

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
That is an awful travel schedule. Chargers are going to be like the walking dead...
Well how about this:

The Saints play at Carolina this week. Then it's off to London for a "HOME" game (the Saints are one of only two teams in the past several years to have a "home" game - and indeed an entire SEASON of home games - away from their actual home. Why they're forcing them to give up another this year is beyond me) in London.

Then they play at Atlanta.

Then they play at Kansas City.

They have a bye week in there, though. But it brings the time between actual games at home up to over 40 days.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Lookin' forward to the Colts Vs Packers this weekend. I think the Colts can win it if they play anything like they did last weekend.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Game of the week will be Chargers vs Bills, I will be getting the popcorn ready for this one, I have a feeling this game will go down right to the end. It is going to be a very hostile environment for the Chargers, should make for a very interesting game.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Damn power problems at the stadium:mad::mad::mad: Forced to listen to the game on a.m radio:mad::mad::mad:. 7-3 chargers:mad: after 1st quarter.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
10-7 Bills, power is back on:D. Nice catch by lee evans.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
13-7 Bills at halftime. Power is down again at the stadium.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
14-13 Chargers, 3rd quarter. Power is back on. Rivers is destroying our rookie cornerback, this is very concerning to me.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Bills Win!!!!!

23-14 Bills!:D

What a nail biting game. :p:p:p.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
23-14 Bills!:D

What a nail biting game. :p:p:p.
Man am I getting sick of watching this team that I don't even recognize anymore!!! :mad:

What the hell happened to our identity on defense?!?! The last couple of years, the Chargers would just absolutely dominate teams on defense. Yesterday, the linebackers and secondary looked like they were scared to make a tackle!!! How do you go from destroying the Pats one week, to playing like a bunch of girls the next?!?!? I don't even know what the problem is. It's the same guys as last year, minus Merriman. Sure, Shawne is a beast and a game-changer, but he's just one man!!! How could losing one guy completely emasculate a defense?!?!?

Ugh. The season isn't over yet, but that light at the end of the tunnel is looking pretty damn dim. :mad:

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Don't worry, everything will go right for the Chargers in London.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Don't worry, everything will go right for the Chargers in London.
Against a team w/o Bush, Shockey, and Colston... that's going to be rough.

I'm so glad the G-men got rid of Shockey, he's such a little whiney baby.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis