Bioshock demo out on PSN

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I pulled it down last night and gave it a whirl. I have to say, I wasn't totally impressed. Graphics are very nice, but the play itself doesn't feel all that in depth. It isn't bad, but I don't know that I would spend $60 on this game.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I pulled it down last night and gave it a whirl. I have to say, I wasn't totally impressed. Graphics are very nice, but the play itself doesn't feel all that in depth. It isn't bad, but I don't know that I would spend $60 on this game.
I have this game and it was worth $60 IMO. I found myself totally wrapped up in Andrew Ryan's world of rapture. The story is so captivating, I lost touch with reality while playing it for long periods of time:), the gameplay is also superb. It was an awesome single player experience. If you are not going to buy it, you need to rent this game.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The story is what I am interested in. We'll see....I need to pick up LBP first :D The movement is what I don't like, it feels a bit outdated and doesn't seem to interact/react well (collision detection seems a bit off). The sound and visuals are impressive though.

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The story is what I am interested in. We'll see....I need to pick up LBP first :D The movement is what I don't like, it feels a bit outdated and doesn't seem to interact/react well. The sound and visuals are impressive though.

When I first played the game I had to get use to how fast the gameplay was especially the movement in the character and your enemies. Takes some getting use to at first.

Here are some of the awards Bioshock received for the xbox 360.

At E3 2006, BioShock was given several "Game of the Show" awards from various online gaming sites, including GameSpot,[97] IGN,[98] GameSpy[99] and GameTrailers's Trailer of the Year.[100] BioShock received an award for Best Xbox 360 Game at the 2007 Leipzig Games Convention.[101]

After the game's release, the 2007 Spike TV Awards selected BioShock as Best Game, Best Xbox 360 Game, and Best Original Score, and nominated it for four awards: Best Shooter, Best Graphics, Best PC Game, Best Soundtrack.[102][103] and the game also won the 2007 BAFTA "Best Game" award.[104] X-Play also selected it as "Game of the Year", "Best Original Soundtrack", "Best Writing/Story", and "Best Art Direction".[105]

At IGN's "Best of 2007" BioShock was nominated for Game of The Year 2007,[106] and won the award for PC Game of the Year,[107] Best Artistic Design,[108] and Best Use of Sound.[109] GameSpy chose it as the third best game of the year,[110] and gave BioShock the awards for Best Sound, Story and Art Direction.[111] GameSpot awarded the game for Best Story,[112] while GamePro gave BioShock the Best Story, Xbox 360 and Best Single-Player Shooter awards.[113]

Last edited:
M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
I owned and played through this when I had a 360 and am strongly considering dropping the cash again for it on PS3 because I really want to play it again.

Mike

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
IMO it's the best game of this console generation thus far.

KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
What more can be said that hasn't already? I have it on the 360 and the game totally immerses you into it's own world. Dim the lights, crank the volume on the H/T and grab your blankie...some of it gets darn-right creepy!

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
It wasn't even on my radar until I downloaded the demo and played around for 30 minutes... Now it's a must buy. Luckily the wife is out of town for a week towards the end of the month when it comes out... I'll actually have time to play!!

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
Would have to agree about game play, nothing really outstanding there, but the look and atmosphere is outstanding. Really like the Art Deco look, plus the music. One of the very few games that have ever givin me the creeps sitting in the dark and playing. Fantastic story, can't wait till the full version come out.

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
Would have to agree about game play, nothing really outstanding there, but the look and atmosphere is outstanding. Really like the Art Deco look, plus the music. One of the very few games that have ever givin me the creeps sitting in the dark and playing. Fantastic story, can't wait till the full version come out.
I just finished downloading it through the psn. :D

I've read about it in gaming magazines and played it briefly on an xbox 360, looks like it's going to be very good!

M

Mw`

Junior Audioholic
Guess I'll offer a different opinion here. Rented it for 360, and I'm glad I didn't plunk down $60 for it. Sure it's a great game to look at, but it gets too repetitive after a while. Maybe it was my approach, but I played through it once and had no desire to go again for the alternate ending.

Shintsu

Shintsu

Banned
It was definately unique, but I had no desire to play through it again (Good thing, it was a rental). I have a PS3 and a 360 and played it on the 360 - no idea why the PS3 had to wait like a full year for it. There isn't even anything extra is there? Jeez, who doesn't have a 360 or PC that could play Bioshock by now?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It was definately unique, but I had no desire to play through it again (Good thing, it was a rental). I have a PS3 and a 360 and played it on the 360 - no idea why the PS3 had to wait like a full year for it. There isn't even anything extra is there? Jeez, who doesn't have a 360 or PC that could play Bioshock by now?
All of the extras released for the 360 are included in the PS3 version and there is an additional mode of play for the PS3 that was not available on the 360.

Shintsu

Shintsu

Banned
All of the extras released for the 360 are included in the PS3 version and there is an additional mode of play for the PS3 that was not available on the 360.
Wow, that's it? I mean it's certainly more than the 360 version but why do they do that? They jip other consoles out of availability in exchange for a little bit extra so the console fanboys don't eat them alive. It's like RE4 on the PS2 and how much longer it took. RE4 probably boosted sales of Gamecubes for the time it was an exclusive title, but Bioshock was certainly not a console seller.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, not too much in the way of extras. For me it would be a rental at most. They released Lost Planet on the PS3 and sold it at a cut price, but this one is selling for the full $60 - not worth it to me.

Shintsu

Shintsu

Banned
Please tell me you're kidding...
Afraid not. I've heard people say they bought the PS3 for MGS4 and Killzone 2 and Little Big Planet and I've heard people say they bought the 360 for Halo 3 and Gears of War but I've never heard it for Bioshock. I mean come on, it released on the PC at the same time so how can it be a console seller when you can get it on PC? Console sellers are usually console exclusive, platform exclusive.

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Bioshock currently has a 94.5% score on game rankings. That is the 3rd highest score for the PS3.

Last edited:
A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I mean come on, it released on the PC at the same time so how can it be a console seller when you can get it on PC? Console sellers are usually console exclusive, platform exclusive.
It wasn't a "console" seller, it was a 360 seller. If you were buying a console last year, this was a multiple game-of-the-year winner, and it was only on the 360. Bioshock, combined with EA sports games not playing as good on the PS3 turned the tide in the "console war".

I'm happy that Bioshock is coming to the PS3, and it looks like the Unreal engine is finally working well on PS3. It'll probably get lost in the "new" games this holiday though, which is a shame, because it's a great game.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis