Hot Water tank went this morning, Anyone know a decent brand?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hello,

I woke up this morning to find my shower water all over the floor. Luckily it must've just went as the water hadn't made it that far from the heater. However, the room which houses the tank is next to my HT, and I am not going to risk my HT flooding because of this.

I would like to know if anyone else has gone through this and knows of decent heating systems that don't fail every 10 years or so? I know you can get the on the fly heating systems, but they're quite pricey.

Thanks for any help,
SheepStar

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Are you sure the tank is bad? Sometimes the pressure relief valve will go bad and let the water out. It may be a simple fix. If it is the tank, i would try and go with a stainless steel version. Its gonna cost you but it will pay off in the long run.

Peace,
Tommy

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Hello,

I woke up this morning to find my shower water all over the floor. Luckily it must've just went as the water hadn't made it that far from the heater. However, the room which houses the tank is next to my HT, and I am not going to risk my HT flooding because of this.

I would like to know if anyone else has gone through this and knows of decent heating systems that don't fail every 10 years or so? I know you can get the on the fly heating systems, but they're quite pricey.

Thanks for any help,
SheepStar
Did you call the gas company. I had this happen in January. Not a fun experience. Have you ever thought about renting your hot water tank? Direct Energy gave us a brand new one for free, the only cost involved was they had to change some piping due to changes in the code. I must say that there service was very poor and I did not have hot water for like 5 days.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
All I can think of is Home Depot. That sucks and good luck. I imagine you're gonna be busy for a while.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I'd have to hit Home Depot. Mine is about 11 years old and this is something I keep in mind too. So far it's holding up. Good luck on your quest.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Is it Gas or Electric? I seen these at our power company, when i was getting the service for my house hooked up, they looked very tough. I spoke to one of the engeniers about them and he said they were the real deal. They also cost alot, but with a plastic tank you wouldnt have much worry of it rusting through.

http://waterheating.rheem.com/dotcomWeb/pageflows/productfamilies/viewFamilyDetails.do;jsessionid=sTn7LfcNHppSz8C0wVpm7ZsBYT2RM8Fhh7lyQPClw5FCWTSvsjtD!-515266929?familyId=468&market=R

Good Luck,
Tommy

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
It's Gas.

We're leaning towards tankless because of energy savings and government rebates. There is a Bosch one recommended but it's 3 grand. It has about $400-$500 worth of rebates though. I found a Canadian company that sells online with units that look promising. Have to wait and see. Just our luck, everything is closed today so that's at least 1 cold shower.

SheepStar

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If you have a bathtub, you could mix some heated water (from off the stove) with tap water to at least have a warm bath. Yeah, yeah. Real men don't take baths...but at least it wouldn't be cold. Just a thought.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
If you have a bathtub, you could mix some heated water (from off the stove) with tap water to at least have a warm bath. Yeah, yeah. Real men don't take baths...but at least it wouldn't be cold. Just a thought.
I don't want to start taking measures to get around the problem. I want to FIX the problem.

SheepStar

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't want to start taking measures to get around the problem. I want to FIX the problem.
Oh, I just meant until you get it fixed. ;) You said that no one was open and that you had to take at least one cold shower. I wasn't encouraging you to start living in the 1800's. :)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I would rather stink than take a cold shower. When the hot water tank broke for myself I boiled water and then added cold water to the bathtub to take somewhat of a warm bath. It still sucked really really bad.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

sheep should add one of these to his bathroom.

The charming, traditional styling of this Portrait bidet integrates with the Portrait Suite to carry the understated elegance of French Provincial design throughout the room. The horizontal spray flows over the rim for localized cleansing of the body and aids in relief of certain health conditions. This bidet is available in a palette of KOHLER colors to complement any décor.

* Kohler plumbing products mean beautiful form as much as reliable function
* Charming, traditional styling that integrates with the Portrait Suite
* Horizontal spray flows over the rim for localized cleansing of the body and aids in relief of certain health conditions
* Drilled for fixture-mount bidet faucet

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yeah, I mean seriously, how are you supposed to get clean taking a bath? Your just sitting in your own dirty water. Or you could shower off after but then you could have just taken a shower to begin with and been done with it. :rolleyes:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Brian, my hot water heater went out on me at my former address. When I replaced it, I was told to get one that circulates water well on the bottom of the tank. That way, it will not rust on you as fast. This new technology does cost a bit more though. However, it seems like the warranty is good for like 10-years. Sorry this has happened to you, but at least it did so now and not in the middle of the winter. Good luck on getting this fixed.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Tankless, all the way.

I relpaced my water heater with a Kenmore from Sears. Most Kenmore water heaters are made by State(not Estate), a leading water heater manufacturer.

http://www.statewaterheaters.com/

One of my co-workers purchased a tankless model. Once I checked-out his set-up, I felt like this.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis