NFL Football 2008-09

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
The Giants have been in the SB 3 times since 1990????? Really?!?!?!
Since 2000:

Giants: 2 SB appearances, 1 SB win.
Chargers: 0 SB appearances, 0 SB wins.

Since 1990:

Giants: 3 SB appearances, 2 SB wins.
Chargers: 1 SB appearance, 0 SB wins.

Since 1980:

Giants: 4 SB appearances, 3 SB wins.
Chargers:1 SB appearance, 0 SB wins.

Franchise history:

Giants: 7 League championships.
Chargers: 2 League championships.

Sour graps maybe? Four Super Bowl appearances in 28 years is a pretty good ratio. They're tied for 9th on the list of most Super Bowl appearances all-time, and tied for 4th on the list of most Super Bowl wins all-time. They're also tied for 3rd among Super Bowl winning percentage among teams who have been more than once.

I'm sure most Chargers fans would kill for something like that.

Last edited:
jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Oh, and I don't even like the Giants. I'm (obviously) a Saints fan. We have a grand total of zero Super Bowl appearances in about 40 years, but I'm not making fun of the Giants as being irrelevant. Or lying about how many "good years" they've had just because they're historically better than mine ;)

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
I think I'm the only person who has no team favorite or bias. I just watch football because, well... I enjoy watching football.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I think I'm the only person who has no team favorite or bias. I just watch football because, well... I enjoy watching football.
Are you one of those fantasy football guys that go "I don't cheer for any team, I cheer for the players":rolleyes:

BTW I am not a fan of the Eagles:eek: or Cowboys:eek: but that was one hell of entertaining game last night.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
The Eagles had it! Man I wish they could have pulled it off. I think that blunder #10 made (Eagles) heading in to the end zone cost 'em...

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Since 2000:
Giants: 2 SB appearances, 1 SB win.
Chargers: 0 SB appearances, 0 SB wins.

Since 1990:
Giants: 3 SB appearances, 2 SB wins.
Chargers: 1 SB appearance, 0 SB wins.

Since 1980:
Giants: 4 SB appearances, 3 SB wins.
Chargers:1 SB appearance, 0 SB wins.

Franchise history:
Giants: 7 League championships.
Chargers: 2 League championships.

Sour graps maybe? Four Super Bowl appearances in 28 years is a pretty good ratio. They're tied for 9th on the list of most Super Bowl appearances all-time, and tied for 4th on the list of most Super Bowl wins all-time. They're also tied for 3rd among Super Bowl winning percentage among teams who have been more than once.

I'm sure most Chargers fans would kill for something like that.
Hey Saints fan, this is an A-B conversation, so why don't you C your way out of it. :p

I guess I stand corrected on the history of the Giants. Honestly, the only time I remember them being any good was back in the Phil Simms years.

But I stand by my assertion that the Gnats are in NO WAY a "powerhouse". they're a decent team, that's about it.

By the way, I find it pretty funny that it's a Saints fan that pulls out the revelant Giants stats. Where are the Giants fans? Can we say "bandwagon"?

And Eli will ALWAYS be a tool.

E

EJ1

Audioholic Chief
Are you one of those fantasy football guys that go "I don't cheer for any team, I cheer for the players":rolleyes:

BTW I am not a fan of the Eagles:eek: or Cowboys:eek: but that was one hell of entertaining game last night.
Nah, I don't do fantasy football. I just don't have a team affiliation or hatred for another team. :eek:

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Nah, I don't do fantasy football. I just don't have a team affiliation or hatred for another team. :eek:
You live in NC, so please tell me you are at least a Panther fan?

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall

What's the fun in it then if you can't trash talk??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

:D

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Pass of the day- Colts ball, 3rd and 9, less than a minute to go in the game, Peyton Manning throws and absolute DART to Reggie Wayne in between defenders. If that pass is off by an inch it gets knocked down. I can't access YouTube at work, but check it out if you have a chance.
Caught this play on NFL replay tonight on NFL network. Awesome pass indeed.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Imagine the trash talk, if the Chargers could actually win a football game:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
,By the way, it's DefenSe. ;)
Ah.. BTW you better check your spelling before you correct someone else's;) I'm Canadian and therefore I used the Canadian or UK spelling:rolleyes:. I see you didn't have to much trouble sounding out the word eh.. :mad:
The above quote was a sarcastic reply to my spelling of the word DEFENCE!!

I posted the stats for you back in post #103
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=456573&postcount=103

But instead of taking the time to read them, (you can read can't you?) you just started babbling bullsh!t as usual.
I believe he can sound words out but prefers to be an a..hole:mad:.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I posted the stats for you back in post #103
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=456573&postcount=103

But instead of taking the time to read them, (you can read can't you?) you just started babbling bullsh!t as usual.
Wow, such hostility. I guess I struck a nerve. Sorry that I hurt your little bandwagon jumper feelings. I know you sure as hell weren't sporting a Giants helmet avatar last year.

Up til now, (at least on my side), this was all just good natured ribbing. I could give a crap about the Giants. It's Eli Manning that I hate. But you're getting pretty personal and hostile. I would tell you to go shove it, but I'll probably end up getting an infraction. But the bottom line is, I could really give a crap about what you think.

I'll go back to babbling bullsh!t now.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The above quote was a sarcastic reply to my spelling of the word DEFENCE!!

I believe he can sound words out but prefers to be an a..hole:mad:.
Yeah, I've done Hooked on Phonics and everything. Schmuck. :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis