Best Buy Buys Napster

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Reuters released a story today announcing that Best Buy will buy Napster for $121 million in cash in order to take on Apple #1-ranked iTunes music store and compete with non-iPod music players. While the monetary facts of the story look sound, it will be interesting to see if Best Buy is indeed motivated by a "compete-and-defeat-Apple" agenda or simply just attempting to get a slice of its own MP3 sales like just about every other retail company in the AV world.

Discuss "Best Buy Buys Napster" here. Read the article.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't know what's stranger, the idea that the great outsider in the music world is bought by a big corporation or the idea that it's only worth 121 million. Going from the uncontrollable force of nature to down and out and selling cheap. How things change.

I just don't see how anyone is going to compete with Apple when they keep putting out inferior hardware and software...

It's like Apple buys up all the "thin" electronics so no one else can manufacture anything equally cool.

Matt34

Matt34

All the haters against Apple convinced me to try and different MP3 player so I bought a Sanas. The Sanas has since been designated for gym duty only, better sound quality....I couldn't tell a difference but build quailty is well below the Apple products I own. You'll have to pry my Itouch out of my cold dead hands.;)

Lvivske

Lvivske

Audiophyte
I just don't see how anyone is going to compete with Apple when they keep putting out inferior hardware and software...

It's like Apple buys up all the "thin" electronics so no one else can manufacture anything equally cool.
seriously. you'd think there would be more competition. its like apple is the only 'designer' mp3 player producer out there and everything else is lower class and budget-brand. heck, even the Zune is way behind in the race.

i wish there were more high-end options (though I do love my iPod Nano 4th get :) )

M

musiclovr89

Audiophyte
Best Buy is really doing well in the music category

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis