Need Advice on a Dishwasher

G

gobats

Enthusiast
I am thinking about buying a dishwasher from hh.gregg I need to know if they are reputable? Are they bait and switch? The salesperson said he could beat the online price.
Thanks

G

gobats

Enthusiast
Need to buy a dishwasher

I just (yesterday:8/30/08) had my fifteen yr old dishwasher die. I had posted this in the wrong section (dvd,etc). Moderators, I apologize! Anyway I'am here in the Atlanta area and need to replace the d/w,as I'am new to the area; I need advice on where to shop. NO I won't go
Best buy/circuit city. I went to hhgregg WHOA! Got a really bad vibe. Went online to check on them,even worst!
Any advice would be appreciated

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not sure what's in your local area. If you're considering chain stores, Sears has a good reputation. Home stores like Home Depot and Lowes are other good options. I'd tend to lean towards Sears, but I'd likely be mostly convinced by total price.

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Sears has been really frustrating our family lately; lack of obtaining parts, higher prices, and the in-store personnel leaves something to be desired.

HH Gregg has been way better for us so far. It didn't use to be that way, but it seems Sears is going downhill.

BTW... get a woman, she'll wash dishes AND make food :p :D :D

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Another vote for Maytag

I agree with Sheepstar, Maytags are hard to beat. Concerning your hh.gregg i would suggest dodin a BBB (Better Business Bureau) look-up on them before doing business. If a price seems too good to be true , then it usually is ( too good to be true, like white van speakers :rolleyes: )

P.S.- If you want a really high end, ultra-clean sounding dishwasher get a McIntosh :D :D JOKE :D:D

J

jamie2112

Banned
Refurbished Maytags are the way to go IMO. They are pretty cheap and you get the Maytag performance as well as they are warrenty'ed as far as I know.

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
I agree with Sheepstar, Maytags are hard to beat. Concerning your hh.gregg i would suggest dodin a BBB (Better Business Bureau) look-up on them before doing business. If a price seems too good to be true , then it usually is ( too good to be true, like white van speakers :rolleyes: )

P.S.- If you want a really high end, ultra-clean sounding dishwasher get a McIntosh :D :D JOKE :D:D
With analog glowing temperature meters on the dorr(s). :)

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
I seem to recall that Kitchen Aid, maytag, Kenmore, JennAir and Amana (maybe more) are now all made by Whirlpool. Kind of the General Motors of appliances.

Mort

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Consumer Reports recommendations

Here is what Consumer Reports says:

(Actually Kitchen Aid and Maytag were further down in the recommendations)

These midpriced models provide excellent cleaning and quiet operation:

• Kenmore (Sears) 1374[2] , $650, CR Best Buy
• Bosch SHE33M0[2]UC , $540, CR Best Buy

Both dishwashers are quiet and energy-efficient. The Kenmore has targeted spray jets. The Bosch has a stainless-steel tub and a slightly shorter cycle time, 115 minutes compared with the 125 minutes for the Kenmore. You'll occasionally have to clean the Bosch's filter by hand.
If price is more important than quiet:

• Whirlpool DU1055XTS[Q] , $350, CR Best Buy
• Kenmore (Sears) 1373[2] , $500
• Whirlpool DU1100XTP[Q] , $450

Most of the lower-priced models we tested provide very good overall cleaning. These dishwashers do not run as quietly and often are not as easy to load as some high-scoring models. All three of these Quick Picks offer excellent cleaning, but the Whirlpool DU1055XTS[Q], a CR Best Buy is a bit more basic.

Last edited by a moderator:
majorloser

majorloser

The one thing I liked about the Bosch was that the heating element was enclosed within the inner shell. Not exposed where things can drop onto and melt. :mad:

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Another piece of Appliance Advice ...

Another piece of Appliance Advice ...

Be very, very careful with the glass Pyrex plate in your microwaves.

Somehow ours got broken and it was very expensive to replace, on the order of $71. But then the magentron went out and I cancelled the order and ended up with a completley new microwave for the cost it was going to take to repair the old one and replace the glass plate. I also found out that built-in microwaves are not really built-in :confused:

Good Luck on the dishwasher :) ,but be careful of the microwave plate!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I am thinking about buying a dishwasher from hh.gregg I need to know if they are reputable? Are they bait and switch? The salesperson said he could beat the online price.
Thanks
Have you consulted Consumer Reports on this? That would be a good bet:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Here's my question: gobats, have you bought a new one? If so, let us know what you ended up getting. Thanks!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis