logitech support.....WOW

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
I cant hardly believe the way this is being handled. Long story short....logitech made an update to its web based software for their harmony remotes. The update stopped the user from being able to edit their activity buttons. This is ok if you dont have remote challenged family members, but it is a bummer if you do. The logitech support team has said that the fix will be included in the next software update in the months to come.
The work around is just that.... a work around. Im unimpressed by the whole ordeal. I love this remote, but i will not be buying another one from them soley based on the lack of concern shown on this issue.
here is a link to the topic on the logitech forum for anyone interested in reading it. http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=programming&thread.id=14517&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Peace,
Tommy

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
I'm glad I've not made any update recently :)

But I don't understand why the hell we can't have a proper editor that does not have to "phone home" to work. The remotes are great, the software just annoys me. It was not made for the "customization " freaks like me :mad:

Maybe someone will crack their communication and hardware protocols and make a different editor. That would be nice.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Crap, now I cant buy a new AVR because I will have to update my remote which hasn't been done in a year and a half.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Big brother....:D
Of course!

It's possible that they search the database for specific words like BOMB and BOOM. Then the FBI kicks your door and before you know it, 20 masked guys are yelling at you to stay on the ground. But you can't hear what they're saying because BOOM is the activity to turn on all your gear and put the volume at max :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I cant hardly believe the way this is being handled. Long story short....logitech made an update to its web based software for their harmony remotes. The update stopped the user from being able to edit their activity buttons. This is ok if you dont have remote challenged family members, but it is a bummer if you do. The logitech support team has said that the fix will be included in the next software update in the months to come.
The work around is just that.... a work around. Im unimpressed by the whole ordeal. I love this remote, but i will not be buying another one from them soley based on the lack of concern shown on this issue.
here is a link to the topic on the logitech forum for anyone interested in reading it. http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=programming&thread.id=14517&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Peace,
Tommy
Tommy, sorry you are having such a hard time with the remote I sold you. Hope you don't feel like I jipped ya my friend. Anyways, hopefully it will work out for you.

Cheers,

Phil

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
The update problem has been going on for a while(2 weeks). Im not sure why the previous firmware cant be reloded:confused: Ill stick with rti and urc:D Hope all gets resolved soon.

scott

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Tommy, sorry you are having such a hard time with the remote I sold you. Hope you don't feel like I jipped ya my friend. Anyways, hopefully it will work out for you.

Cheers,

Phil
NO, no this has nothing to do with our deal. You sold me a great remote that worked perfectly when i got it. when i updated my Logitech software the new software they released had flaws....apparently they dont test anything proper before letting it go. Its not even the fact that the software made the remote not function properly that has me angry. The fact that Logitech isnt willing to bang out a fix in a timely manner is why im upset. The response from Logitech was that the fix will be included in the next software update that hasnt even been schedualed to be released. So that tells me what the person running that show thinks of its customers. I WILL NOT buy another Logitech Harmony remote for this reason.

Phil im still very pleased at the deal you gave me on the remote :D
every time i use it i feel guilty cause i feel like i stole it from you......LOL :p

Peace,
Tommy

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
The update problem has been going on for a while(2 weeks). Im not sure why the previous firmware cant be reloded:confused: Ill stick with rti and urc:D Hope all gets resolved soon.

scott
They said that the harmony 600 series is the only remote experiencing the problem and the software update as a whole fixed other problems. they are happy with people using the work around that have the 600 series remotes.
If their stupid software was stored on the users hard drive they could roll back i guess.

Im not sure what they are thinking. :(

peace,
Tommy

Senior Audioholic
I WILL NOT buy another Logitech Harmony remote /QUOTE]

Amen brother.

My experience with a Harmony remote was just awful toss in the P.O.S. Logitech bluetooth MX500 keyboard mouse that has to redetect the mouse every other time I boot and repeats letters at random as you type...

I will never buy another Logitech product of any type.
:mad:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
NO, no this has nothing to do with our deal. You sold me a great remote that worked perfectly when i got it. when i updated my Logitech software the new software they released had flaws....apparently they dont test anything proper before letting it go. Its not even the fact that the software made the remote not function properly that has me angry. The fact that Logitech isnt willing to bang out a fix in a timely manner is why im upset. The response from Logitech was that the fix will be included in the next software update that hasnt even been schedualed to be released. So that tells me what the person running that show thinks of its customers. I WILL NOT buy another Logitech Harmony remote for this reason.

Phil im still very pleased at the deal you gave me on the remote :D
every time i use it i feel guilty cause i feel like i stole it from you......LOL :p

Peace,
Tommy
I understand Tommy. No need to feel guilty at all. Just hope you can get it to work correctly for you my friend. Hope all is well there otherwise my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

R

redman_43

Junior Audioholic
I just updated my Harmony remote (xbox360) last night with no issues whatsoever. Must be limited to certain models. :confused:

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I just bought a Harmony One yesterday and have had zero issued updating and editing anything. So far I really like the remote, despite it's high pricetag, I think it will be worth it since anyone will now be able to pick up the remote and figure how to operate my gear with little to no confusion.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
I just updated my Harmony remote (xbox360) last night with no issues whatsoever. Must be limited to certain models. :confused:
this problem only affects the 600 series of remotes

I just bought a Harmony One yesterday and have had zero issued updating and editing anything. So far I really like the remote, despite it's high pricetag, I think it will be worth it since anyone will now be able to pick up the remote and figure how to operate my gear with little to no confusion.
i have no issues with the remote i have, i love it, aside from the fact that the activities buttons cant be assigned due to the new software logitech released. i base my opinion of the logitech remotes soley on the lack of concern for customer satisfaction surrounding the issues with the 600 series remotes.

Peace,
Tommy

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis