Did You..........????

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil I have been on that site a couple times but it never loads for me, it starts and just lags and lags till I give up but I am still curious to see that march, it looked like a level 5 from what I could gather, cheers.
Chad, not sure why but usually the music can be downloaded for free. They also give a sample of some of the marching drill. However, this is not the case at this point in time. Perhaps check it again in a month or so when most hs bands are in band camp. You are correct "Reflections" is under Grade 5 which is the most difficult music and drill alike. Have you listened to the Robin Hood soundtrack? Talking about an awesome opener.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil I have been on that site a couple times but it never loads for me, it starts and just lags and lags till I give up but I am still curious to see that march, it looked like a level 5 from what I could gather, cheers.
Chad, here is a link that may work. I just love this music. Let me know what you think my friend. Enjoy!!!!! http://www.msconcepts.com/shows/show-detail.asp?showid=375 When the page loads, just click listen as there are (3) pieces all tied together. Reflections of Form, Sound, and Light. When executed properly, this show is very exciting. :cool::cool:

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
I play piano, took lessons for 14 year :) I am now attempting to learn guitar, which is fun, wife plays violin, cello and piano..... 10 mo. old doesn't play anything yet!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I play piano, took lessons for 14 year :) I am now attempting to learn guitar, which is fun, wife plays violin, cello and piano..... 10 mo. old doesn't play anything yet!
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Give the little one time. Being surrounded by musicians, it is only a matter of time. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
Yes, it's fun, and she is learning to strum the guitar while I finger the chords... her face lights up when it sounds good.... and she loves playing with the receiver.... hmmmm future Audioholic? :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, it's fun, and she is learning to strum the guitar while I finger the chords... her face lights up when it sounds good.... and she loves playing with the receiver.... hmmmm future Audioholic? :D
It sounds like you have one in the making.......LOL!!!! :p:p Congrats btw. Just be sure to cherish it as time goes by rather quickly. My daughter will be 20 years of age this Fall. :eek::eek: It seems like only yesterday I held her in my arms. Being a Father can be quite rewarding.

Cheers,

Phil

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
Started taking classical piano lessons at age five and continued until age eighteen. Then took four years of organ lessons (totally different instrument btw). The pipe organ is my favorite instrument of all.....master of the universe kind of thing. Played clubs (dives) but just couldn't deal with playing for people that didn't care to listen. Studio work paid well but the jobs were too far between to make enough money to eat. For me, it took/takes a minimum of a couple hours a day just to stay sharp....more to improve....so that didn't leave enough time to earn a living.

Became a motorcycle mechanic at twenty-five having never turned a wrench before in my life.....did quite well for quite a few years....go figure.

Mort

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Started taking classical piano lessons at age five and continued until age eighteen. Then took four years of organ lessons (totally different instrument btw). The pipe organ is my favorite instrument of all.....master of the universe kind of thing. Played clubs (dives) but just couldn't deal with playing for people that didn't care to listen. Studio work paid well but the jobs were too far between to make enough money to eat. For me, it took/takes a minimum of a couple hours a day just to stay sharp....more to improve....so that didn't leave enough time to earn a living.

Became a motorcycle mechanic at twenty-five having never turned a wrench before in my life.....did quite well for quite a few years....go figure.

Mort
Hi Mort and thanks for sharing. This is rather interesting. Maybe being a mechanic is not your life-long dream, but it is a way to make a living. Now, you may be able to continue to chip away on the music thing. Who knows, it just may pay off big time. Only one way to find out eh?

Cheers,

Phil

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
Hi Mort and thanks for sharing. This is rather interesting. Maybe being a mechanic is not your life-long dream, but it is a way to make a living. Now, you may be able to continue to chip away on the music thing. Who knows, it just may pay off big time. Only one way to find out eh?

Cheers,

Phil
Actually, I rather enjoyed being a mechanic. I think it was the detail oriented nature that music instilled that allowed me to be successful in the endeavor. After fifteen years, however, it was time to move on to something a little more lucrative. As a present business owner, the bookkeeping aspect follows along the same lines of detail orientation......those little dots called decimal points can make a BIG difference:D

Mort

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Actually, I rather enjoyed being a mechanic. I think it was the detail oriented nature that music instilled that allowed me to be successful in the endeavor. After fifteen years, however, it was time to move on to something a little more lucrative. As a present business owner, the bookkeeping aspect follows along the same lines of detail orientation......those little dots called decimal points can make a BIG difference:D

Mort
Mort, I like the way you think. Thanks for posting and sharing with us.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Chad, did you try the link I posted up above or #42? If it works, let me know what you think about the music. I just love it. My local HS band performed this (2) years ago with great success. Of course, I am an alumni where at one time marched Baritone. Really liked being part of the low brass section. Just curious is all if you liked the music.

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis