Gas (Pricing) Is Getting Flatulent

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
You shouldn't think of it as a punishment but you should think of it as limiting the lethality of the weapon [car] some people operate.
Well when you're gonna point a gun at someone, I won't be the first to point a gun back at you. It's called "escalade of violence". Leads nowhere. You drive a car, I drive bigger then you drive bigger, and then what? When is it going to end?

That's more my opinion.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
You shouldn't think of it as a punishment but you should think of it as limiting the lethality of the weapon [car] some people operate.
I prefer to drive a smaller, more maneuverable car so I can get around the idiots thinking they're safe in their big, lumbering, tippy, gas guzzling SUVs.

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
You guys do know that I was talking about that more as a joke as opposed to a serious "it should be a law" type of proposal ... right?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
You guys do know that I was talking about that more as a joke as opposed to a serious "it should be a law" type of proposal ... right?
No, how would we? We always think of you as being serious.:D

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
I think I'm going to ask for a nice bike for Father's Day.
If I lived in a country as warm as yours, I'd be willing to get to work everyday on my bike. Everything in 45 minutes or less would be awesome. But unfortunately, I'd be darned to pedal 4 hours every day in deep snow just so I commute to work.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
This is killing me...Every two weeks the price goes up another 5-10 cent/gallon right before pay day! Sad thing is, the oil companies keep making record profits.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just recently went from $3.75 per/gallon to $3.69. This is just outrageous if you ask me. The rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer. When is this madness going to stop? Nobody is doing anything about it. Price gouging is against the law here in KY yet it is still rampant here. :confused::confused:

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Don't want to think about the price if a hurricane threatens the gulf.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
This is killing me...Every two weeks the price goes up another 5-10 cent/gallon right before pay day! Sad thing is, the oil companies keep making record profits.
It is sad. But it's difficult for me to blame the oil companies. First, their earnings are in line with their budgets/sales...roughly 10%. That's about average for your typical large corporation. Secondly, do you know who owns them? Mom and pop do. Sure, there are million/billionaires that invest heavily into the Big 5 oil stocks, but by far the greatest portion of stockholders are Mr. and Mrs. AverageAmerican, through their retirement fund investments. You might even own large amounts of stock in Chevron, Exxon, BP, and so on, without even knowing it.

I fear our hope lies with this mysterious Bakken Formation in North Dakota that no one in politics or the media seems to want to talk about. (It supposedly contains oil in equivalent amounts to Saudi Arabia!!) Then there is the real solution, and that is some form of alternative energy such as solar, tidal, hydrogen, nuclear, etc.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It is sad. But it's difficult for me to blame the oil companies. First, their earnings are in line with their budgets/sales...roughly 10%. That's about average for your typical large corporation. Secondly, do you know who owns them? Mom and pop do. Sure, there are million/billionaires that invest heavily into the Big 5 oil stocks, but by far the greatest portion of stockholders are Mr. and Mrs. AverageAmerican, through their retirement fund investments. You might even own large amounts of stock in Chevron, Exxon, BP, and so on, without even knowing it.

I fear our hope lies with this mysterious Bakken Formation in North Dakota that no one in politics or the media seems to want to talk about. (It supposedly contains oil in equivalent amounts to Saudi Arabia!!) Then there is the real solution, and that is some form of alternative energy such as solar, tidal, hydrogen, nuclear, etc.
Very good point here. BTW, my older bro was telling me he heard that some guy invented a car that would run on pure salt water.....???? :eek::eek: Is this true or is my bro feeding me a line of bs???? He does that quite often leaving me not knowing what to truly believe. If it is true, then salt water should be cheap given there is soooo much of it.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Very good point here. BTW, my older bro was telling me he heard that some guy invented a car that would run on pure salt water.....???? :eek::eek: Is this true or is my bro feeding me a line of bs???? He does that quite often leaving me not knowing what to truly believe. If it is true, then salt water should be cheap given there is soooo much of it.
Brothers are mean that way, aren't they. ;)

I looked this up in one of my fun links...howstuffworks.com. If they can overcome some technical issues, it looks like it just might work!

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/salt-water-fuel.htm

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Brothers are mean that way, aren't they. ;)

I looked this up in one of my fun links...howstuffworks.com. If they can overcome some technical issues, it looks like it just might work!

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/salt-water-fuel.htm
Yes, they are. I have an older and younger brother and unfortunately both are full sh**. However, it looks like he was being serious-at least somewhat anyways.........LOL!!!!! :eek::eek: He drives a truck for a living and hears about stuff like this when out on the road. But, some of his info is so off the charts so to speak that I often believe he makes some of it up. Guess I am the only sane one of the bunch.......scary thought, eh? :cool::cool:

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't read this whole thread, but gas prices will never decrease by large margins and here's why. The second we cut the demand, OPEC will decrease production. Why wouldn't they? Sell less oil for the same $ amount. Not too mention that we're running out of the stuff. Simple supply and demand.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't read this whole thread, but gas prices will never decrease by large margins and here's why. The second we cut the demand, OPEC will decrease production. Why wouldn't they? Sell less oil for the same $ amount. Not too mention that we're running out of the stuff. Simple supply and demand.
That was discussed a bit, rnatalli. It seems to be a mystery that a HUGE oil deposit has been discovered in North Dakota, some say richer than all the fields in Saudi Arabia, and no one in the media or government are discussing it.

But you're absolutely correct about OPEC.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis