Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dragan

Enthusiast
I'm in the process of developing a new classifieds/auctions site. The name is HifiHock dot com. If you can please take a quick look and tell me what you think I'd truly appreciate it.

It is designed as an alternative to audiogon etc... Similar features, very different "atmosphere", so-to-speak. Brand new though, so there is very little on it but before I start promoting it, I need your opinion.

Thanks much in advance and if this post is out of line and offensive, I apologize.

Dragan

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
I did a google search for the website......couldnt find anything.

Good Luck,
Tommy

D

dragan

Enthusiast
Sorry!

Tommy,
I'm new here and the forum wouldn't allow me to post html links until I had so many posts, so I did what I could for the time being. Nomo bellow got it right though.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats and good luck on you site.:)

Priceless:

"This is a 6ft pair with Analysis Plus Banana's and in great shape. Open , detailed top end with great bass . $1050. US retail.
Analysis-Plus' premier silver cable has been improved by going from a 12 gauge to a 9 gauge cable and even a more elongated oval geometry for even better performance.

This cable is very fast and detailed but without the harshness often associated with silver cables. It now has the punch in the low end with the incredible mid and highs that people have come to love in the Silver Oval.

Constructed of pure silver over a stabilizing strand of oxygen-free copper, woven into our patented hollow oval geometry in an oval-coaxial configuration."

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
Sorry but you asked right?

The only thing I really like on it vs Audiogpn is thumbnail previews, that is a great addition but other then that I am not jumping up and down about anything, the windows need to be bigger so fonts are easier to see and in the info and seller window double space's may help it look less "busy" and easier to read.
Thats really the only problem I have with it but thats a huge issue, if the windows could be stretched across full screen view it would be bigger, bolder and easier to read. I wish you good luck! Audiogon is a pretty serious player to compete with and I admire your efforts. If you want feel free to PM me if you desire.................cheers

V

Vivienyuan

Banned
dragan I have went to your site and it looks quite nice, good luck.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
The site looks good - I think it's maybe a bit more user-friendly than Audiogon, and the thumbnails are definitely a plus.

Best of luck to you. :)

D

dragan

Enthusiast
Thank you all!

I appreciate your comments! Chadnliz, no need to apologize. You're giving me exactly what I'm looking for. So far, I had couple of people with registration issues, I believe to be related to the form's required fields but when I tested, it worked fine.

The interface issues, suggestions and comments, like yours, are equally important and I truly welcome them. Especially when people make a genuine effort to test-drive the site and come to understand the functionality. Don't you guys beat me up too much though.

In short time from now, I'll begin to make appropriate changes.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Congrats and good luck on you site.:)
Priceless:

"...Constructed of pure silver over a stabilizing strand of oxygen-free copper, woven into our patented hollow oval geometry in an oval-coaxial configuration."
How would that stabilize anything?:eek:
And, I see it sold already.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
How would that stabilize anything?:eek:
And, I see it sold already.
It uses quantum oscillators with titanium gyroscopes, encased in oxygen free silver. $1000.00 for 6 feet, now that's a bargain.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
Maybe make a receiver category. There are amplifier sections.... Maybe it's just because I am looking for a receiver and that was the first thing I noticed. I do like the design though, looks sharp!

D

dragan

Enthusiast
Agree!

Receiver category it is... I'll set it up tonight. They don't really fall under anything else on the site, do they? I didn't even think of receivers. If you guys can think of other types of equipment, not covered with current categories, please let me know.

jwenthold99, thanks for the comment!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It uses quantum oscillators with titanium gyroscopes, encased in oxygen free silver. $1000.00 for 6 feet, now that's a bargain.
Should have thought of that solution. :eek:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis