New space program's launch vehicle oscillates at 12hz...even at 4 g's!

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
We definitely need Erin to get Rosie to control her oscillations.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
DON'T WORRY!

I have it all solved, they just need to buy a really expensive amp isolation stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Now I'm in my serious corner and....

I never figured out how the h... the space program works, and the most impressive thing I can ever think about is the calculation of the re entry trajectory of the Apollo program. When those guys were going back from the moon hitting the earth the precision of the trajectory would have to be something like hitting the edge of a paper sheet from 30 feet.... I find that unbelievable. Even with today's technology...... How the heck could NASA manage that with 60's technology.
Too sharp, and they're toast, too wide, and they miss... aiming for the sun...

To me this is something like the greatest achievements ever :cool::cool::cool::cool:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
DON'T WORRY!

I have it all solved, they just need to buy a really expensive amp isolation stand.

Now this is promising indeed. We'll need two. One for each cheek.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
DON'T WORRY!

That ought to take the stress off of her kankles.:D

Sorry I'm late to this party, but I thought you guys were putting up 5 pages of technical discussion of launch vehicle oscillation. How silly of me.:p

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja

Sorry I'm late to this party, but I thought you guys were putting up 5 pages of technical discussion of launch vehicle oscillation. How silly of me.:p
Well since Sheep thinks we're so non-technical, we've decided to tackle this problem from a scientific point of view, we're all feverishly working on the complex equations to figure the best way to stop the oscillations.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai

Pfffftt.. yeah, what were you thinking?? :D

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
I just have a hard time believing they know how many G's humans can take before they turn into jelly...who volunteers for that stuff..

It reminds me of the statistics on how much pull is required to remove a human ear from the head..ewwww, who does this kinda stuff?? Or, those charts showing what different levels of current does to people, from no feeling to electrocution...who were the volunteers??

Cheers, John

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Oh cripes a real scientist on board! Ok we're trying to figure out how to cancel oscillations from a massive blob of human flesh, that's been tearing up rockets.

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
Oh cripes a real scientist on board! Ok we're trying to figure out how to cancel oscillations from a massive blob of human flesh, that's been tearing up rockets.
I got a news flash for ya. I ain't a scientist..not even a rocket scientist..

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night..:D

Seems to me, if ya got's a massive blob of human flesh on board, the osculations would damp out..:confused:

Course, the veeheecle may not get off the ground..

Cheers, John

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Course, the veeheecle may not get off the ground..
That's what I said!! :D Personally I think they should design a rocket with enough thrust to lift Rosie's fat arse into the stratosphere and beyond, past the moon and into the far reaches of outer space, n'er to be seen or heard from again. ;)

I'll even help fund the program. I've got ten bucks to get this started. :cool:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
What if this plans starts an intergalactic war? Ever thought about that?

Picture this:

Opening scene from INDEPENDENCE DAY: the mother ship appears on the radar screens for the first time, instead of splitting into individual saucers, they send one out only, (it's their heavy duty model with mega-towing capacity), as it nears our atmosphere it suddenly stops, a huge hatch is seen opening and a giant alien foot kicks out a black plastic bag with something inside kicking and hollering "where's my meatloaf, headcheese and lambshank sandwich!", with a swift kick the alien foot directs the bag home to Earth.

Cut to the Mothership: Head alien to second in command: "those earthlings, poor devils, we just can't bring ourselves to invade them, they've got to live with that loud mouthed creature, it's just to inhumane, even by our standards, besides we dare not get them angry, they've discovered how to clone, they can clone an army of Rosies and cut then loose in the universe! The ultimate doomsday weapon! The thought.........too horrible.....must leave now! Quick warp 15!!! Now!!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
That's what I said!! :D Personally I think they should design a rocket with enough thrust to lift Rosie's fat arse into the stratosphere and beyond, past the moon and into the far reaches of outer space, n'er to be seen or heard from again. ;)

I'll even help fund the program. I've got ten bucks to get this started. :cool:
They did that on the Simpson's. They put Rosie on the rocket that flew into the sun, along with Paulie Shore. Homer and Bart eject into space rather than listen to Rosie singing "The Wheels on the Bus".

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
What if this plans starts an intergalactic war? Ever thought about that?

Picture this:

Opening scene from INDEPENDENCE DAY: the mother ship appears on the radar screens for the first time, instead of splitting into individual saucers, they send one out only, (it's their heavy duty model with mega-towing capacity), as it nears our atmosphere it suddenly stops, a huge hatch is seen opening and a giant alien foot kicks out a black plastic bag with something inside kicking and hollering "where's my meatloaf, headcheese and lambshank sandwich!", with a swift kick the alien foot directs the bag home to Earth.

Cut to the Mothership: Head alien to second in command: "those earthlings, poor devils, we just can't bring ourselves to invade them, they've got to live with that loud mouthed creature, it's just to inhumane, even by our standards, besides we dare not get them angry, they've discovered how to clone, they can clone an army of Rosies and cut then loose in the universe! The ultimate doomsday weapon! The thought.........too horrible.....must leave now! Quick warp 15!!! Now!!

Get real.

Aliens would not discard food for a month for an invasion fleet..

Cheers, John

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Get real.

Aliens would not discard food for a month for an invasion fleet..

Cheers, John
First, you're being kind, a month? I'd say a year. Second, even the most low-life aliens have better taste than that!:D

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
Nah, that would be the biwire thread..

Dis one's pretty T and L...

Tame and Lame...

Cheers, John

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis