New space program's launch vehicle oscillates at 12hz...even at 4 g's!

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds awful - I'm sure the engineers will work out a way to solve the problem though. I only had time to glance over the article, but is it known what amplitude those oscillations would occur? (Not sure if I'm stating that accurately, as I'm perhaps thinking of oscillations from a literal wave propagation standpoint alone, and not in this type of application which I am unfamiliar). I would think that minute oscillations would feel more like a vibration and larger ones would really do some damage to a human's innards at that G-force.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Can we use Rosie's thighs as a dampening device to counter the vibrations?

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Ha! Strat, you certainly have no love for Rosie do you? As it should be. :) The only problem with your solution is that the dang rocket probably wouldn't even be able to get off the ground! :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Ha! Strat, you certainly have no love for Rosie do you? As it should be. :) The only problem with your solution is that the dang rocket probably wouldn't even be able to get off the ground! :D
What, about 400 pounds a pop? I say tie them with ropes, then the 'nauts can just cut them off when out of grav pull.

majorloser

majorloser

How about Dolly Parton? :rolleyes:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You know guys....There's something about Dolly, back in the day....whew! She could plow a field that one.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
You ain't just whistling dixie my friend... I still remember seeing those oversized mammaries bouncing around on Hee-Haw back when I was a little kid, mesmerized in front of the TV... :p

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You ain't just whistling dixie my friend... I still remember seeing those oversized mammaries bouncing around on Hee-Haw back when I was a little kid, mesmerized in front of the TV... :p
Yeeeeees sireeeee boob, er I meant Bob, sorry, Dolly has that effect on me.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Erin - this is what happens when you leave such an intelligent topic unattended... :D

majorloser

majorloser

You guys and your filthy minds!

I meant her singing. The frequency could counteract the bad harmonics.
(Really, that's what I meant..... :rolleyes: )

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You guys and your filthy minds!

I meant her singing. The frequency could counteract the bad harmonics.
(Really, that's what I meant..... :rolleyes: )
AWWW! YEAH! RIGHT!!! You like her vocal chords, that's it, right, the roundness of her timbre, the way her vocal cleavage projects her range, yes, you're soooooo mesmerized by the fullness of her..........talent.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Didn't Pamela Anderson remove significant amounts of silicon?
Now this could come to use :p

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Guys, please quit crapping on my posts. This is ridiculous. I expect more out of the community here... guess I should've known better. Bunch of immature kids.

J/K

Carry on!

:D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Guys, please quit crapping on my posts. This is ridiculous. I expect more out of the community here... guess I should've known better. Bunch of immature kids.

J/K

Carry on!

:D
Ha you engineers don't stay far behind!! I wonder how many of our ideas: Dolly, Rosie, Pamela variants, silicone capsule protectors, etc, etc donated by the fertile minds of depraved audioholics will mysteriously find their way into space vehicles in the next 10 years and I'm willing to wager Halon's salary for the next 10 that if we search the patent office the name E.Hardison will appear plenty of times.:D

Oops my mind was percolating: Why don't we use Dolly's brassier as a catapult for low orbit sats??? Ha see another great idea, to be borrowed by Mr. E.H.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis