Onkyo Comes to the Audioholics Store!

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Audioholics is proud to bring on board the Onkyo brand of products to our ecommerce store. “This is a brand we are very excited about” says Gene DellaSala, President of Audioholics.com. “Onkyo’s latest receiver line represents some of the best values in today’s A/V market. Last year Onkyo won our 2007 Product of the Year award for the TX-SR805 which led the pack in innovative features in its price class. Check out the full line of Onkyo A/V receivers at the Audioholics e-store and stay tuned as we add more Onkyo products to our store line up.

Discuss "Onkyo Comes to the Audioholics Store!" here. Read the article.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
Umm... when are you rolling out the XX6 products?

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
sweet!! cannot wait. hey is anybody seeing any slowness on the store web page other than me?

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
Is it me or does this site sell stuff at the normal suggested retail value? Cant beat Onecall or J&R.

Maybe you saw a pricing glitch on one item somewhere?

Actually the Audioholics Store offers a pretty big discount from retail. Plus we offer free shipping, free tech support (that actually means something) and a free 3-year extended warranty. We are NOT trying to be the cheapest place in town, but rather capitalizing off the fact that some people may value warranty and adept support above saving an extra few dollars.

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
You have the Onkyo 805 listed for $999. Is that correct ?

3 yr warranty is nice. My experiece is that if something breaks its usually early in the product's life. Free shipping is nice too.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe you saw a pricing glitch on one item somewhere?

Actually the Audioholics Store offers a pretty big discount from retail. Plus we offer free shipping, free tech support (that actually means something) and a free 3-year extended warranty. We are NOT trying to be the cheapest place in town, but rather capitalizing off the fact that some people may value warranty and adept support above saving an extra few dollars.
Have you considered offering the products for a lower price and offering the tech support + extended warranty as an option? Some people don't care about extended warranties as many times if the product is going to fail it will do so early on, and a lot of people here don't need the tech support, but they are still on a budget and would like to support the audioholics store, but end up buying elsewhere because it costs less. I would have purchased my recent RX-V663 from the audioholics store if they would have matched the price I got it for at JR.

Last edited:
Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
I feel the same way. If you can't match a competitor's price, I'm going elsewhere for business, free tech support + extended warranty or not.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Have you considered offering the products for a lower price and offering the tech support + extended warranty as an option? Some people don't care about extended warranties as many times if the product is going to fail it will do so early on, and a lot of people here don't need the tech support, but they are still on a budget and would like to support the audioholics store, but end up buying elsewhere because it costs less. I would have purchased my recent RX-V663 from the audioholics store if they would have matched the price I got it for at JR.
We can't do that. As with the Audioholics website, we prefer quality over quantity. In the end, better tech support, extended warranties, free shipping, etc will attract a more loyal purchasing customer base. Look at Crutchfield as example which is mostly a retail estore (without extended warranties) and they are #1 A/V estore - a benchmark if you will, to follow in this industry.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
I think Crutchfield does so well because they have better marketing than most. Their name pops up everywhere when you do a search for A/V.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I think Crutchfield does so well because they have better marketing than most. Their name pops up everywhere when you do a search for A/V.
That is true, plus they have a huge mailing list. But above all of that, their customer service is #1 in the industry. Heck I sound like a fan boy for our competitor :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
What you don't understand is that the Audioholic's Store is catering to those that do care about extended service plans and tech support. He isn't catering to those of us that wouldn't likely have a use for tech support and realize that extended warranties aren't all they are always cracked up to be (Best Buy is a great example of a company that offers expensive and horrible service plans on their products). Now I am not saying the service plan that Audioholic's is offering is bogus or even a poor choice (not a choice if you buy here, just that it's not everyone views as having value).

The biggest advantage of purchasing from Audioholic's Store is that you are adding value to the site and the forum that we all love. I think it's a good idea to support a forum that you frequent (which is a free service btw) by purchasing from their store. That seems more than fair. That doesn't mean you should go out of your way to purchase all your audio and video gear from AH Store, but it's worth consideration and purchase here and there to support it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would have purchased my recent RX-V663 from the audioholics store if they would have matched the price I got it for at JR.
I know what you mean.

Price and availability are huge.

You know how I had ordered the Denon DVD-3800BDCI from Ultimate Electronics for $1,650 + tax = $1,790?

Well, I just found out 30 minutes ago that Denon has it on backorder due to high demands and I would have to wait until END of May or Early June!

So I cancelled the order.

Then I called J&R. They sold it to me for $1,700 final price (includes S/H). So I should have it by next week. And it's almost $100 less.

I like Audioholics a lot, and I think the AH store is great.

But pricing and availability are huge.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats on getting your new player soon, I know you will love it, and the dts-ma you have been missing out on is great too. I watched AVP in dts-ma last night and it was great, can't wait to watch AVP-R this weekend.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
This is great news, as Onkyo continues to offer great value with their products. Nope, they're not Lexicon, Arcam or Merdian. However, they don't charge Lexicon, Arcam, Merdian or even Anthem dollars. Thank you guys for considering those of us stuck in the mass market.

With respect to pricing, there's always the grey market. I'm as cheap as anyone. However, I can appreciate paying a little more/less yet still feel that I received value.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
About J&R. Sometimes when you go to their B&M store in Manhattan, you'll often see lower prices.

Last year I was keeping my eye on a Yamaha shelf system, the web price I think was somewhere in the $500 range. The exact same one in store listed for $100 less than the web price.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis