Onkyo Comes to the Audioholics Store!

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
With regard to audioholics' e-store.

Receivers, because of these new technologies that are constantly coming out, receivers have a very short life span? When a newer model comes out, can the older stock be returned to the manufacturer for factory credit? Or do you have to sell the remaining older stock at a discount?

I don't know how this whole business operates. If the older stock cannot be returned to the manufacturer, then I think it would be safer for audioholics' e-store to carry some separate components (preamps/amps). Separates don't have nearly the kind of turnover rate receivers do. And the profit margin on separates is higher than that on receivers.

And in terms of speakers, when a newer model comes out, the manufacturer or distributor often sell the remaining older stock at a steep discount. It would be great if the audioholics' e-store can pick those up and pass on the discount to the members.

Anyways, just some ideas.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General

Receivers, because of these new technologies that are constantly coming out, receivers have a very short life span? ........ then I think it would be safer for audioholics' e-store to carry some separate components (preamps/amps). ......
And in terms of speakers, when a newer model comes out, the manufacturer or distributor often sell the remaining older stock at a steep discount. It would be great if the audioholics' e-store can pick those up and pass on the discount to the members.
Not a receiver person myself. The first thing I did was go to the store to see if the Integra DCT 9.8 /Onkyo PR-SC885P processors were being offered, which they were not. Great point on the speakers, fc, I bought my Canton's from Accs4less at deep discount because they were discontinued models.

Gene must get tired of hearing all the neg talk about the store. So, on a positive note I think the store and site are great and hope they do well. I will support it if I can.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

Receivers, because of these new technologies that are constantly coming out, receivers have a very short life span? When a newer model comes out, can the older stock be returned to the manufacturer for factory credit? Or do you have to sell the remaining older stock at a discount?

I don't know how this whole business operates. If the older stock cannot be returned to the manufacturer, then I think it would be safer for audioholics' e-store to carry some separate components (preamps/amps). Separates don't have nearly the kind of turnover rate receivers do. And the profit margin on separates is higher than that on receivers.

The AH Store recently added the Marantz separates combo and we plan on adding more in the future. Its tough to get people to spend $$$ on high end A/V gear while they are battling $4+ gas at the pump but here is hoping for the best....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis