annunaki

annunaki

I tried a new beer (an Ale rather) tonight from a regional brewer, New Glarus Brewing Co. New Glarus, WI. http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/

The flavor is called Organic Revolution. It is 100% bottle fermented. It is 100% great! I was skeptical about it at first, but I am very happy I tried this six-pack. If you are located near Wisconsin, give it a try. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Great flavor, very smooth.

In all reality, I have yet to have a bad beer from this brewer. I hope they continue to do well. Great product(s)!!

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Can you compare it to another beer? I am enjoying a Red Stripe at the moment. I would have to say my favorite is Harp(tap or bottle), followed by Modelo Especial(in a can).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
A friend of mine use to say that there was a bad beer out there. He hadn't found it yet but he sure was looking hard. :)

If your a beer lover and an alcoholic try something called Clausthaler. I've seen several regular beer drinkers say it was good. All except for the no alcohol part. :D

annunaki

annunaki

Can you compare it to another beer? I am enjoying a Red Stripe at the moment. I would have to say my favorite is Harp(tap or bottle), followed by Modelo Especial(in a can).
It beats a Hachor Pschorr Weisse an/or the Munich that's for sure.

We have so many "local" beers around here it is tough to kno what you may have had or not. Many of them do not have national distribution.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I was always kind of curious about how many of you guys drink and post. :eek:
Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

annunaki

annunaki

This is the first time I have done so in well over a year :D! It is sad, but I have not had the time to post let alone drink lately. :(

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
With time being a commodity, multi tasking like this is really the way to double up on the fun. :cool:

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Did you say double-up? Hang on, I need to get a larger glass.:eek:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I tried a new beer (an Ale rather) tonight from a regional brewer, New Glarus Brewing Co. New Glarus, WI. http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/

The flavor is called Organic Revolution. It is 100% bottle fermented. It is 100% great! I was skeptical about it at first, but I am very happy I tried this six-pack. If you are located near Wisconsin, give it a try. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Great flavor, very smooth.

In all reality, I have yet to have a bad beer from this brewer. I hope they continue to do well. Great product(s)!!
The Road Slush Oatmeal Stout and the Wisconsin I.P.A. both sound good. Sign me up.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Did you say double-up? Hang on, I need to get a larger glass.:eek:
LOL! :D I guess the other fellas who drink and post will be fessing up around noon on Tuesday. Back in the day I use to have a rule: Don't drink and dial. :)
I thought phones should have been equipped with a breathalyser. Nowadays I don't accept calls from drinkers in the evenings. :D I call 'em back in the AM. :eek:

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
I love New Glarus brews...most of them.

Hated the Belgian Red...awful cherry bitter brew...just awful.

I also love that they ONLY serve Wisconsin consumers. They tried Illinois and hated the shakedown they were getting from vendors down there and said "screw you, you damn fibs!". (not literally of course)

I haven't tried the Organic Rev yet, but will immediately.

I am going to try to get out there to tour the brewery this summer.

Cheers!

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai

Over all I think New Glarus is the best brewer in Wisconsin, maybe the midwest.
I did see the Organic stuff on in the store's cooler a couple of weeks ago.
I wasn't sure what to make of it. I'll try some the next time I'm there.

My favorite Micro brew beer is still Gray's Oatmeal Stout. I believe it's made in Janesville.

Anybody here ever make it to the Madison "Great Taste of the Midwest" beer tasting? Last year was the first one I missed in about 8 years.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I Brew

You should try Spaten Optimator. Truly a delicious beer. A buddy and my self home brew. Our last five gallon batch was a clone of New Castle. It blew the doors off of New Castle.

Charles Papazian is the king of brew and has written some of the most definitive books out there on the subject. A great summer time beer when paired with a slice of orange is Bell's Oberon.

The only issue now a days is the the global hop harvest has taken a pummeling. As a matter of fact, Sam Adams had a 100,000 lbs of hops that they could part with so they put up a lottery. These cats are so cool that they lotto'd them off at the wholesale rate of $6.99 /lb to the other micro brews. BTW the crop shortages are directly linked to global warming for all you non-believers out there that happen to enjoy beer.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
BTW the crop shortages are directly linked to global warming for all you non-believers out there that happen to enjoy beer.
How can that be? Hops like cool weather and since 1998 the global temp has been dropping. There is no hop shortage.

btw, I brew therefore I am:D

jinjuku

jinjuku

How can that be? Hops like cool weather and since 1998 the global temp has been dropping. There is no hop shortage.

btw, I brew therefore I am:D
Sorry, it's barley not hops

Google "global barley shortage+global warning"

While I am sure that there will be increased capacity 'somewhere' it is still interesting to note.

Last edited:
unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Sorry, it's barley not hops

Google "global barley shortage+global warning"

While I am sure that there will be increased capacity 'somewhere' it is still interesting to note.

Im really surprised that the shortage cant be linked to the farmers not reading the manual for growing the crop.......:D

Just yanking yer chain man...no offense meant.

Peace,
Tommy

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
The only issue now a days is the the global hop harvest has taken a pummeling. BTW the crop shortages are directly linked to global warming for all you non-believers out there that happen to enjoy beer.
Global Warming?? :confused:
The shortage is from Barley growers switching to growing corn, to be used in ethanol. It seems farmers get subsidies to grow ethanol corn.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Global Warming?? :confused:
The shortage is from Barley growers switching to growing corn, to be used in ethanol. It seems farmers get subsidies to grow ethanol corn.
The article that I read spoke to more and more land going arrid... I don't know what to tell you other than I read an article and it seems to be based on some reasonableness.

They are talking about beer prices spiking for the next few forseeable decades.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis