Wish me luck and a little prayer couldn't hurt either

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Oh, maybe I will buy my chopper back or get a new one...
That's the kind of stuff that really hurts. But don't look back. Get a new bike. Odds are that your old bike just won't be the same to you now that somebody else has had it.

I had to sell my Camaro SS five years ago and the current owner recently called to ask me if I wanted to buy it back. As emotionally appealing as that was, I declined his offer in favor of buying a new Vette. As much as I loved my SS, it's not my SS anymore and I'm sure I'll love the Vette even more.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I had the orange and white 96 SS in 1996. Very cool car but the Vette will be better. Did you get the "issues" worked out?
That's the kind of stuff that really hurts. But don't look back. Get a new bike. Odds are that your old bike just won't be the same to you now that somebody else has had it.

I had to sell my Camaro SS five years ago and the current owner recently called to ask me if I wanted to buy it back. As emotionally appealing as that was, I declined his offer in favor of buying a new Vette. As much as I loved my SS, it's not my SS anymore and I'm sure I'll love the Vette even more.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I had the orange and white 96 SS in 1996. Very cool car but the Vette will be better. Did you get the "issues" worked out?
Yup, all the issues have been worked out and the Vette is on order. I didn't know the orange/white was available in '96. I thought it was a '97 special edition. I know a guy that drove one of those straight into a telephone pole. He pushed the radiator almost right back to the firewall and still walked away.:eek:

What was your old bike? I saw the pic. It was very cool. Is there anything you would change or want different on a new bike, or is that bike perfect for you?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You are correct, it was the 1997 30th ANNIVERSARY CAMARO SS. I go through a lot of cars so forgive me:D

Congrats on the Vette, let me know how you like it.

The bike was an IronHorse Slammer. I like HDs but the IH look cooler and has a lot more power. They are no good for long runs but I just like "bar bikes".
Yup, all the issues have been worked out and the Vette is on order. I didn't know the orange/white was available in '96. I thought it was a '97 special edition. I know a guy that drove one of those straight into a telephone pole. He pushed the radiator almost right back to the firewall and still walked away.:eek:

What was your old bike? I saw the pic. It was very cool. Is there anything you would change or want different on a new bike, or is that bike perfect for you?

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I briefly flew through this thread.... I assume you got the job...

Congrats buddy.... glad your finally no longer a deadbeat !!!!!

:D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
The bike was an IronHorse Slammer. I like HDs but the IH look cooler and has a lot more power. They are no good for long runs but I just like "bar bikes".
Well, it looks like you're in a pretty good position, lots of options. Grab the old bike back or look at something new. It's quite an enviable position, really.:cool:

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
My buddy has a Slammer, and I like the bike, its cool, but my kidneys couldn't take that ride for very long....

Every time we go on somewhat longer trips, he has to piss every 15 miles... :confused:

That and my bike has more HP..... 145 horsies..!!! Gets me there in the blink of an eye..

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Would you consider a Crotch Rocket? A CBR1000RR would really put a smile on your face. That or the car version of a bike, the Ariel Atom.

SheepStar

Last edited by a moderator:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Crotch RocketS are for young kids and girls:eek::D
Would you consider a Crotch Rocket? A CBR1000RR would really put a smile on your face. That or the car version of a bike, the Ariel Atom.

SheepStar

Last edited by a moderator:
Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
My bike is Super Sport Touring... Yamaha FJR1300

It does Look like a Crotch Rocket, but it was designed to go up against the B&W sport touring bikes... Lighter and much more HP = Faster :D
Its more of a sit up bike, but serves both purposes. Removable Hard Bags, Electric Windshield... its def a fun toy... :)

Mine is Galaxy Blue, but I like the look of the New Black...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
That's nice Warp. I will prob stay with a slammer or I maybe able to work out a deal on a tricked HD with a fat tire conversion.

majorloser

majorloser

My bike is Super Sport Touring... Yamaha FJR1300

It does Look like a Crotch Rocket, but it was designed to go up against the B&W sport touring bikes... Lighter and much more HP = Faster :D
Its more of a sit up bike, but serves both purposes. Removable Hard Bags, Electric Windshield... its def a fun toy... :)

Mine is Galaxy Blue, but I like the look of the New Black...

That's what I've been wanting for awhile. i love the blue. Did you get the one with the "auto" clutch?

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
That's nice Warp. I will prob stay with a slammer or I maybe able to work out a deal on a tricked HD with a fat tire conversion.
Kidney stone cracker.:eek: Where are you going to put your Callaway's??;)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Uttt ohhhh....

I had to do a "ride around" with my new boss today. He came to my house to drop his car off and then ride with me to visit a few of my accounts. When he walked in he said "cool HT, I have a nice one too in a dedicated HT room and I use all BOSE".

I said.......AWESOME......

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Uttt ohhhh....

I had to do a "ride around" with my new boss today. He came to my house to drop his car off and then ride with me to visit a few of my accounts. When he walked in he said "cool HT, I have a nice one too in a dedicated HT room and I use all BOSE".

I said.......AWESOME......
Don't play your system to him!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Perhaps you could explain to your new boss that upgrading to better components for audio quality is the nature of the audio hobby. Then do a few "ride-arounds" with him to local audio shops. Give him a case of upgraditis without actually offering any comments on the Bose.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Is it me or does this remind you of the "Mazer wants to sell A/V" thread??!!:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis