Wish me luck and a little prayer couldn't hurt either

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
I was a Director of a Health Management company but most of my time was spent in sales and marketing.

I actually like the RT world and as TLS stated, there is a great need for the service but the money just isn't there. I practiced as a RT for around 18 years before I entered the Corporate world.
She's actually getting a bit tired of the lack of pay in other jobs. Currently she makes good money, but the job is a bit of a drive and she'd like to work at a more local hospital. We actually discussed her going to Nursing School this afternoon.

Takes on this? It's nice to have someone with experience to get some perspective. Thanks.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
In my experience, it is difficult to beat a business degree with a medical background if you are looking for big money. As a RT you top out around 70k/yr, as a RN, around 85k. Throw in a business degree and get into medical sales, Health Management or Program management and you are looking at 120-300k. It matters what she likes, if she is into patient care then a Rt is invaluable and I wouldnt waste 2 more years in a nursing program.
She's actually getting a bit tired of the lack of pay in other jobs. Currently she makes good money, but the job is a bit of a drive and she'd like to work at a more local hospital. We actually discussed her going to Nursing School this afternoon.

Takes on this? It's nice to have someone with experience to get some perspective. Thanks.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Offer came in this morning! The job is mine pending the background and drug screen.

Once again, thanks for the support!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Offer came in this morning! The job is mine pending the background and drug screen.

Once again, thanks for the support!
CONGRATS!!!

So when are you buying that Yammy Z11, Denon 3800BD, and B&W 802D?:D

N

NapaDRB

Junior Audioholic
Congratulations Greg, sounds like a win/win, you got the job you wanted,and surprise, it pays more than you expected.

majorloser

majorloser

You Picked the Wrong Week.....

Last edited by a moderator:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Man, after losing my last good job and taking 6 months to find this one, I am going to learn to live on 60-70k/yr and invest or save the rest. I will probably only finish my bedroom system and maybe a new pre/pro and that will be it. This was quite a scare for me and though it didnt really hurt us, it was not fun.

Oh, maybe I will buy my chopper back or get a new one...
LOL. That guy was in hot shots.

Congrats Greg, I expect to see your system triple in value.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Man, after losing my last good job and taking 6 months to find this one, I am going to learn to live on 60-70k/yr and invest or save the rest. I will probably only finish my bedroom system and maybe a new pre/pro and that will be it. This was quite a scare for me and though it didnt really hurt us, it was not fun.

Oh, maybe I will buy my chopper back or get a new one...
Learn to live on 60-70K a year? Wow, that is what most people live on...

Technically, a HT/system IS an investment, but I see your point. I am done with modifying my cars engines. You gotta pay to play, and I don't want to play. I'm just going after aesthetics now.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis