Darnit! The first time I see a Carrera GT in person and it is wrecked...

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Well, the swedish Koenigsegg isn't to bad, and it's the fastest street car ever..... At least that's what the manufacturer claims...

Or how about 0-62 mph in 3.2 seconds
Power output: 806 Bhp at 6.900 rpm
Top speed: 395+ km/h (245+ mph)

http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/ccx.asp

-Harald

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Believe it or not, just because someone is rich doesn't mean they have a lot of free time ... or vice versa. It's irritating to me that a lot of people hate on rich people. I'm not sure where people get that in their heads *cough* jealousy *cough*... most rich people I have met work their *** off and are intelligent. Anyone with a car needs to learn how to drive it, period, rich or poor.

Like Djizasse said, accidents happen. Other than him, no one else so much as a "I hope that guy is okay" ...instead all I see is stuff along the lines of 'screw this guy, he didn't deserve the car anyways.' Guess what, he probably earned it through hard work and it's a bummer it got wrecked... and hopefully he isn't hurt.
I haven't seen anyone "hate-on" a rich person for having an expensive car, from my view it was a casual observation from years of being on the road and being a Miami native, intelligence and being rich don't always go hand in hand, I know many wealthy people that are street smart, but outside of what they do they're as sharp as a stump, I also know very smart and intelligent professionals that work their butts off and can't afford a Ferrari, an intelligent person knows how to manage their time, work smarter to enjoy their hobby, whether it's cars or A/V, apart from their bank account. And I still stick to my guns, the majority of people that buy exotics don't do it for the performance ability, more for the status. Is there anything wrong with that? That's an opinion.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Actually, the cars aren't that exotic in the US compared to where I live..... No No No, I'm not trying to annoy anyone

It's just that fact that over here we pay some 300% tax on a very exotic car, so if you think a car is expensive...... You have no idea

How is it for fair treatment to pay 300% tax to the state government when bying a Ferrari Enzo

Regards

Harald N

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't mean to say just because you are rich you shouldn't buy a fancy car, but at least learn how to drive it.

Well, the swedish Koenigsegg isn't to bad, and it's the fastest street car ever..... At least that's what the manufacturer claims...
No it isn't...anymore. The Bugatti Veyron tops that and there is another car with 1183bhp that has been tested to perform above even the Veyron:

Although as of press time the validity of the record had not been officially confirmed by Guinness World Records, SSC (Shelby Supercars) says its Ultimate Aero Twin Turbo is the world's fastest production car with a top speed of 255.83 mph. The speed (257.11 mph in one direction, 254.55 mph on the return) was achieved on a temporarily closed stretch of two-lane road in Washington....

....SSC claims the record-setting twin-turbo-charged V-8 version is a completely different beast — inside and out — and is completely street legal, meeting federal emissions standards. For sure, there is no denying the car's power, with 1183 bhp and 1094 lb.-ft. of torque.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=12&article_id=6086

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
But is the Veyron available for purchase?
It's been almost there for many years.......
The Koenigsegg is not delivering just a few cars, they have a full production line delivering cars in descent numbers......

Regarding the SSC, Delivering two cars is not really delivering production cars is it? it's just two custom cars......

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
I haven't seen anyone "hate-on" a rich person for having an expensive car, from my view it was a casual observation from years of being on the road and being a Miami native, intelligence and being rich don't always go hand in hand, I know many wealthy people that are street smart, but outside of what they do they're as sharp as a stump, I also know very smart and intelligent professionals that work their butts off and can't afford a Ferrari, an intelligent person knows how to manage their time, work smarter to enjoy their hobby, whether it's cars or A/V, apart from their bank account. And I still stick to my guns, the majority of people that buy exotics don't do it for the performance ability, more for the status. Is there anything wrong with that? That's an opinion.
Yeah, I'm not trying to generalize either way. All I'm saying is that rich people aren't any better or worse at driving than anyone else. Since you're a Miami local, are you more afraid of the illegals driving shitboxes on I-95 or rich people driving a 911? At least the rich people have insurance and a green card. ;) I've been almost killed by far more shitbox cars than sports cars.

You haven't seen anyone hate on a rich person for having an expensive car? Come'on. ;) Maybe I misunderstood some of the previous posts... maybe. haha.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Actually, the cars aren't that exotic in the US compared to where I live..... No No No, I'm not trying to annoy anyone

It's just that fact that over here we pay some 300% tax on a very exotic car, so if you think a car is expensive...... You have no idea

How is it for fair treatment to pay 300% tax to the state government when bying a Ferrari Enzo

Regards

Harald N
No doubt. America is among the cheapest places to buy nice cars. For some cars, it is *the* cheapest place.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
But is the Veyron available for purchase?
It's been almost there for many years.......
The Koenigsegg is not delivering just a few cars, they have a full production line delivering cars in descent numbers......

Regarding the SSC, Delivering two cars is not really delivering production cars is it? it's just two custom cars......
Yes, the Veyron and the SSC are considered production cars, that is, if one can afford them :D They are limited numbers for sure, because there isn't a big market for cars in the $500K to $1mil range.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
No doubt. America is among the cheapest places to buy nice cars. For some cars, it is *the* cheapest place.
Yeah just keep that in mind, in some area, you are quite lucky:)

For me something happened too, I was having a rig with japanese stuff, and I made costantly improvements..... Now I'm realizing I (almost) only got US produced stuff :)
Aaaaaaah.... Good to get rid of the Japanese stuff :-D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
They're selling quite a few cars in the $1Mill range in Norway, but that's including the aforementioned taxes.... We're a small country
Still can't believe why anybody would pay $1M for a car, thinking about the fun you could have for that amount of money.....

You could have quite a few vacations for $1M at the most expensive hotel in the world...... like burj al arab.....

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I'm not trying to generalize either way. All I'm saying is that rich people aren't any better or worse at driving than anyone else. Since you're a Miami local, are you more afraid of the illegals driving shitboxes on I-95 or rich people driving a 911? At least the rich people have insurance and a green card. ;) I've been almost killed by far more shitbox cars than sports cars.

You haven't seen anyone hate on a rich person for having an expensive car? Come'on. ;) Maybe I misunderstood some of the previous posts... maybe. haha.
I was almost ran over once, by a coke snorting dentist in a 911!:D (no joke, he crashed about a block away)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Driving in Sydney is very scary.... The lanes are about 2 inches wider than the car, and people drive like they've stolen the car....

If you get into the wrong lane at Sydney Harbor Bridge you get onto the freeway in the wrong direction and it will take you 30 minutes to get back....

Still, I LOVE Sydney.......

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
I had the pleasure of going down to Blackwater and doing some courses there for a couple of weeks. The most fun I ever had was their convoy operations course, which was absolutely out of control with regards to fun. Their instructors there were top notch guys, and we did everything from executing PIT manouevers to going into a corner at highspeed when suddenly the driver gets shot and the passenger has to take over the wheel. Rolling slaloms, and night vision driving at night. I've forever since never even felt the slightest bit uncomfortable in any driving condition. Wish I could afford a super car, but I can't. Heck, I can't even afford to get my old 95 Ford F150 up and running again. Oh well, thems the breaks.

As to rich people being bad drivers, thats silly. I see tonnes of poor people that are absolute crap drivers too, so social economic class has relatively no bearing on driving performance. The fact is, anyone can hop in a car and drive beyond their limits and often the cars limits and end up in a bad way. It just so happens that in this case he was driving a Carrera GT so it stands out in your mind a lot more then a Buick.

Dumb look on his face or not any number of factors could have lead to this accident, from something as simple as someone cutting him off to his own negligence.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Haha, those coked up dentists will getcha every time.

Driving in Miami will put fear in Mad Max.
Yeah, it's not fun. Anything south of West Palm is like sitting on a grenade. Horrible drivers, worse road rage. Half the drivers don't even have a bloody license....hence the expensive no fault insurance (although I honestly don't understand Florida's partial no fault insurance... because it seems that means people can't sue one another...but they do anyways?)

As to rich people being bad drivers, thats silly. I see tonnes of poor people that are absolute crap drivers too, so social economic class has relatively no bearing on driving performance. The fact is, anyone can hop in a car and drive beyond their limits and often the cars limits and end up in a bad way. It just so happens that in this case he was driving a Carrera GT so it stands out in your mind a lot more then a Buick.

Dumb look on his face or not any number of factors could have lead to this accident, from something as simple as someone cutting him off to his own negligence.
Exactly.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, stupid drivers are stupid drivers, regardless of the cost of the car or money they have. All I take from that though is that this guy is just another stupid driver who happens to have money, and generally you don't have that kind of money by being stupid (Paris Hilton not withstanding). You could see by the skid marks that this was a solo accident. I have been in one bad solo accident too, so I know very well that accidents happen.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Ironically, Miami is probably the worst city to have an exotic, anyone who has driven down here knows why, Miami traffic is like a video game. Angry, mean, incompetent, elderly, foreigners, careless, reckless is just a short list to describe traffic down here, and in the middle of this madness exotics are to be found driving around all over the place. My friend only takes his GT out on Sundays, really early, and puts it through it's paces around the Grove and up I-95, I did that once in a Gallardo Spyder, man there's no describing it.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Ironically, Miami is probably the worst city to have an exotic, anyone who has driven down here knows why, Miami traffic is like a video game. Angry, mean, incompetent, elderly, foreigners, careless, reckless is just a short list to describe traffic down here, and in the middle of this madness exotics are to be found driving around all over the place. My friend only takes his GT out on Sundays, really early, and puts it through it's paces around the Grove and up I-95, I did that once in a Gallardo Spyder, man there's no describing it.
Haha, yeah, it's not a good place to have a sports car. All the bad drivers you mentioned, but if you go too far north (West Palm +) the cops are crazy. Allegator Alley isn't bad if you have a good radar detector and laser jammer.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
I "lost" this thread, but now i found it :D

My post was not to accuse anyone. It's just that nobody knows how the accident happened and it's to easy to go into the common stereotypical remarks.

Almost everybody is a shitty driver. Rich or poor, man or woman, young or old. Some due to not having the required skills, but i believe the majority is just due to not engaging in the driving activity. When we drive a car we should always be in the right mindset. Most people drive like they were strolling around the mall, talking on the cellphone to their friends, thinking about the meaning of life. Anyway, i digress.

You want exotic? How about the Mazda Furai?

A nice photo gallery on the Furai

Check youtube for it and marvel at the work mazda is doing. This car literally drives me nuts. Someday i'll have one!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Furai is basically an actual race car car with a body though, and also a one-off. I am guessing they are trying the concept in preparation for entering into ALMS though...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis