How many of you have had your 360 die?

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
One of mine just went t!ts up. It was a core model with an add on HDD. Just curious if anyone else here has had it happen to them. Oh and by the way, Xbox360 customer support is a total f*&k$#g joke LOL. I swear I would not be surprised if it was located in Sri Lanka or Bangladesh :eek:

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
My first XBox went bad about [trying to remember] 7 months into ownership. I've had the replacement about 14 months or so and it seems to be OK so far.

IIRC nearly 1/3 of the earlier generation of XBoxs went bad so it's not surprising that your also died.

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
My first XBox went bad about [trying to remember] 7 months into ownership. I've had the replacement about 14 months or so and it seems to be OK so far.

IIRC nearly 1/3 of the earlier generation of XBoxs went bad so it's not surprising that your also died.
They replaced yours? I was under the impression that they would fix the faulty unit.

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
They replaced yours? I was under the impression that they would fix the faulty unit.
I got a replacement but not from Microsoft. Basically I had been hearing that the XBOX 360 had issues so I got an extended warranty from Best Buy.

My unit died about a week or so before MS officially extended the warranty period to cover my unit. Then I just took it to BB around Christmas and talked them into a replacement ...

So far the replacement is working just fine so I have no problems with it ...

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I had maybe four hours on the first unit,
when I got the 'Three Rings Of Death.'
Since it had such low hours, I wanted 'that' one back.
So, I marked my 360 just to see if I would get the same one returned.
The person from tech support assured me I would.
It didn't happen, I got a different one.
The second 360 worked for one hour!
It started to lose video, then the dreaded TROD.
Tech support said they would give me a new unit.
So, I'm waiting.

A

Addy

Audioholic
wow that blows...im on my second 360 but i went through 3 xboxes

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm on my second one, only because my firstone was stolen. But both of them have been extremely reliable so far. I guess I'm very lucky.

A

alexsound

Audioholic
One of mine just went t!ts up. It was a core model with an add on HDD. Just curious if anyone else here has had it happen to them. Oh and by the way, Xbox360 customer support is a total f*&k$#g joke LOL. I swear I would not be surprised if it was located in Sri Lanka or Bangladesh :eek:
Twice now, each for both units in our household. My youngest son's unit died
3 months ago. We got the box within 3 days, sent the unit in on the 5th day, and amazingly, got it back less than 2 weeks later. I guess less of them are failing now, so the turnaround is much quicker than the 1 month it took the 1st time his unit died.

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Oh the horror...

Thank you all for your responses; I am lucky enough to have two 360's. I'm crossing my fingers that the other one doesn't die until I get the first one back :cool:

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
I got mine late December 2006. It died less than 1 year later. I was without a working 360 for a month and had a refurbed replacement sent to me.

This refurb has been extremely slow online since I got it and it also freezes at various points in any game I try to play.

It is just a matter of time before this refurb dies also, I'm afraid.

I was going to save up a bit to get a PS3 but I think I'm going to deal with my 360 and focus my gaming time (what little bit of it there will be in a few months) into the PC, so I think I will buy a new one of those soon. I play Warcraft from time to time and also I'm really interested in Spore and still love HL2:Deathmatch, though my PC is lagging alot lately and it is frustrating me. 6 yr old PC is about to die me thinks.

Believe it or not, I really get into the sports "mogul" games...I am currently hooked on Baseball Mogul 2006 (free to download many places online).

;)

dnice555

dnice555

Audioholic
Twice - they first unit they repaired and the second time it died they sent me a new one. Unfortunatley it was the older component model and not a nice new model with hmdi output. I did get a free month of xbox live though. The customer support is hilarious I couldn't understand half of what they were saying.

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
...I would go with wretched, woeful, pitiful, lamentable and grievous.
LOL, no kidding; I love the overly redundant checklist they torture you with just to make sure the problem isn't that your 360 is not plugged in, or the a/v cables have become mysteriously unplugged. With all the redundancy built into Xbox customer support they really should consider building airplanes, not a one would ever crash :rolleyes:.

C

cheapskete OCer

Audioholic
I am on my 5th one. but 1 of the 5 was not microsofts fault, after waiting 6.5 weeks for a repair when it was almost home ups managed to damage it so bad they wouldnt even show it to me, I just happened to check the tracking and it said there had been an exception and to please contact microsoft and have them contact ups.. I was pissed, then instead of microsoft just sending me a replacement asap they said they had to wait for ups to send the damamged one back so they could inspect it first :mad:

i *****ed them out and said no to send me a refurbished piece of ****, so they finally said they would send me one with all new parts, i dont kinow if they did or not but i havent had any troubles with this 360

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Oops

I am on my 5th one. but 1 of the 5 was not microsofts fault, after waiting 6.5 weeks for a repair when it was almost home ups managed to damage it so bad they wouldnt even show it to me, I just happened to check the tracking and it said there had been an exception and to please contact microsoft and have them contact ups.. I was pissed, then instead of microsoft just sending me a replacement asap they said they had to wait for ups to send the damamged one back so they could inspect it first :mad:

i *****ed them out and said no to send me a refurbished piece of ****, so they finally said they would send me one with all new parts, i dont kinow if they did or not but i havent had any troubles with this 360
That sucks, but funny nonetheless ;). It reminds me of my buddy who received a 360 for his birthday last year; he unpacked it and was hooking up the a/v cables to the back of his tv (a 36" CRT) when it slid backward and landed on top of his brand new 360 and absolutely crushed it. This was less than 10 minutes after unpacking the SOB :D. Poor guy was so pissed he just opened a 18 pack of Miller Lite and finished it in one sitting. His devilish wife didn't bother to tell him that she actually bought the add-on "warranty" or "insurance" or whatever from the retailer until the next day at which point she took it back and they actually replaced it with a new one LOL. Unbelievable, and yet a true story.

C

cheapskete OCer

Audioholic
yea well microd@ck sucks a fatty but unfortunatelty i like to play games and the ps3 sucks( i own one so im not a fanboy) and the wii is ok but not for hardcore gamers so i just have to deal with it

A

Addy

Audioholic
my *&%$ing second F*&%ing xbox just blew up with in the last 5 posts or soo of this thread im sooooo pissed...im on my third now!

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
my *&%$ing second F*&%ing xbox just blew up with in the last 5 posts or soo of this thread im sooooo pissed...im on my third now!
Yeah dude, this thread is like watching "The Ring" for 360's. Post here at your own risk :D.

D

Darins10

Enthusiast
Not yet, but I bought mine after Dec 1, 2007 as I heard those were less likely to get the 'ring' of death.

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
I am approaching 2 years with a heavily used 360 and have had very few problems with it. The only freeze ups I have encountered were with Oblivion (found out that was common for that game). I feel very lucky since I bought a box from the first "run" of them. Hopefully it keeps up for at least a couple more years ;)

Mike

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis